BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ticket Sales

Paul

I've just been on the official site and see tickets for the Utd game (Feb 21st) at OT are already on open sale. The match is four weeks today. I presume there has already been a period of sale to ST holders. Does this mean we are now putting tickets up for sale 5-6 weeks ahead of matches or is this a one-off? I only ask as we plan to go but normally I wouldn't bother looking for tickets until the Monday three weeks before the game.

I've just been on the official site and see tickets for the Utd game (Feb 21st) at OT are already on open sale. The match is four weeks today. I presume there has already been a period of sale to ST holders. Does this mean we are now putting tickets up for sale 5-6 weeks ahead of matches or is this a one-off? I only ask as we plan to go but normally I wouldn't bother looking for tickets until the Monday three weeks before the game.

I don't know why we are selling tickets more than 3 weeks before a game but I do know there is a small change to standard arrangements as a result of a suggestion from the Fans Forum. We suggested that tickets for away games should be put on sale after a home match at Ewood rather than the following Monday so that fans did not have to make an extra trip or phone call to the ticket office. The club suggested that for more popular games they may put tickets on sale on the Friday so that anyone not able to get to the match was not penalised but fans coming to the game could pick up future tickets at the same time. Either way tickets will generally go on sale on a Friday or weekend and not a Monday.

I believe the Utd tickets are on sale this early because they won't dupilate tickets for some reason. So unless someone wants to pay to have them sent to there house by special delivery, putting them on sale this early meant that there would be 3 home games (Newcastle, Bolton & Villa) before the Utd game so people could pick them up at one of the said games.

Archived