BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Preview

Stuart

Any danger of the game being off tonight due to Fog?

Heard its gonna get pretty thick later on.

Be really really upsetting for all the thosands of little trotters who have travelled all that way!!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The pessimist in me has to agree.

With it being a local derby, current league form often can be irrelevant. Its going to take a strong, composed ref tonight to keep the game going, if the tackles fly in and we have a ref that gives out cards like sweets there’s a good chance of a sending off or two.

Personally I can't see us losing the match unless we have a shocker or the ref has a really bad game. I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

You're obviously not a big enough pessimist! I think like most games we could quite easily lose this one. We shouldn't but we could. It's vey rare I go to Ewood thinking we could win though. there have been a few spells under souness and Hughes where I thought a Rovers win was more likely than not but usually I find myself going expecting a draw at best and more often than not a loss. Makes winning all the sweeter.

Just got back from Blackburn. It's pretty dense in places (the fog!), but I think it may well lift. It was certainly worse passing through Accy when visibility was about 10m or so at a guess.

I'd day it's 99% on unless it really does descend.

Absolutely non! sitting here almost behind Ewood Park on Oakdale the visibility is very good, so for anyone travelling dont worry the game will be on.

Supporting Rovers all these years hass forced me to take a pessimistic view on most games but tonight would be shocked if we left with anything less than 3 points and a clean sheet. Only player we need to worry about on the other team imo is Jaaskelainnennenen

If they lose, blame me because that isn't the kiss of death I don't know what is... <_<

Think I might be popping along to this one.

Out of interest, has Allardyce ever played a 5-3-2? With Warnock and Emmerton being able to get forward and cover ground I'd think that formation would suit our team best.

Robinson

Nelsen, Samba Oojer/Givet

Emmerton, Warnock

Dunn, Grella, Pedersen

McCarthy, Roberts

It'd help to cover our weakness in midfield too.

Think I might be popping along to this one.

Out of interest, has Allardyce ever played a 5-3-2? With Warnock and Emmerton being able to get forward and cover ground I'd think that formation would suit our team best.

All the rage in the 90s, but not any more because it's easy to play against. Get your wingers to stay high up the pitch/full-backs to overlap and you overrun the wing-backs, making them unable to attack and making their life difficult defensively as you're two against one down both flanks.

Newcastle played it under Keegan and conceded a hatful.

I remember Liverpool tried it in the mid-90's. Like the previous poster stated, you pressure the wings, and then the wing backs have to stay back and not push forward. Too many memories of Jason McAteer for it to be fashionable for us and the bin dippers.

Robinson

Simpson/Nelsen/Samba/Givet

Emerton/Grella/Dunn/MGP

Benni/Roberts

Bit concerned at this fog.

I'm at the top of Ossy, so pretty high up compared to Ewood, but it would be called off if its anything like this down there.

Weather does vary a lot between the 2 places to be fair despite the short distance.....

Bit concerned at this fog.

I'm at the top of Ossy, so pretty high up compared to Ewood, but it would be called off if its anything like this down there.

Weather does vary a lot between the 2 places to be fair despite the short distance.....

It's OK in LD.....at the moment .I can still see the M65 out of the window.

It's OK in LD.....at the moment .I can still see the M65 out of the window.

As I say it does vary a lot. Girlfriend lives just off LB road and its often snowing there, fine here, clear there, foggy here etc.

Sounds good though if you can see the 65.

Archived