BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Preview

Stuart

• Backroom
If we can play 90 minutes like we play the second 45 then we'll rocket up the table.

At least we've shown we've got the guts for a fight this evening, many teams would have given up at having been 2 down and missing a penalty.

We seem to have a problem playing well in the first half of matches... wonder why this is?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It really is 2-2 now I believe, but I won't trust bbc again.

I think you misread the BBC. They mentioned that in a game a few years ago, Jussi saved two penalties against us, so he has now saved three penalties we've taken against him. Perfectly clear if you ask me. Then someone else in this thread read "PENALTY TO BLACKBURN" as "2-2" and got everyone all excited and confused.

There's 2 points dropped.

hard to say. Before the start of the game we would have wanted a win, but after going 2-0 down and missing a penalty, a draw is a good result.

The alarm bells though need to be rocking in BFS and Williams' ears. BUY A MIDFIELD.

I think you misread the BBC. They mentioned that in a game a few years ago, Jussi saved two penalties against us, so he has now saved three penalties we've taken against him. Perfectly clear if you ask me. Then someone else in this thread read "PENALTY TO BLACKBURN" as "2-2" and got everyone all excited and confused.

Raises his finger while blushing.

Still, Nelsen should have won it for us in the dying seconds.

Scrappy season.

great result considering the absolute shambles in the first half.

credit to the substitutions, they changed the game.

If we play like that in the second half we will be fine. How many times have we said that this season.

All in all a decent match, another point to the cause. its still very tight down there.

Sam is still unbeaten.

• Backroom

Mixed emotions on this one... part of me is elated we grabbed a point, especially after missing the penalty, but another part of me asks why we played so terribly in the first half? No way should we be deservably 2-0 down to Bolton at home at half time. Sam needs to have words with the players about it, because the squad only put in half a performance today and that is not enough. We need the lads to play like they did in the 2nd half all game, not just after Sam's given them a half time pep talk/arse kicking. I think we also do need to sign players before the window closes, we'll struggle with the lack of quality in our current squad.

Still, we showed the stomach for a fight and did well to get back into the game, and that's encouraging.

The subs made a huge difference.

Can we afford to sell Roque? Whatever the price, Id feel more confident with him in our squad than not. He made an impact instantly.

Shambles of a first half, but its a point won, and it could go a long way during the season.

Now we have to go to Boro and win.

Grella impressed me yet again...And Benni was excellent in the second half in the roaming free role.

I hope the board see that we need to sign at least one midfielder!

Anyone found a live table yet?

theres one on sky sports score centre. We are basically 17th with 22 points and better goal difference than the ones below us. a game in hand and 2 points behind 13th.

Middlesbrough is a very very very big game, possibly game to define the season

On their live text they had two penalties in a row for us, where Andrews and Grella took the rebound shots and missed. Then on the first page where all the scores are updated, they said McCarthy had missed the penalty and Santa Cruz the rebound shot.

There's 2 points dropped.

... but a point saved, and we remain unbeaten.

Teams below us have lost in last 24 hours. Newcastle lost as well, as did Pompey. We also have a game in hand, in cases 2 games in hand, on most of the teams around us.

Seems a bit pessimistic to me. In any case, you can't drop two points if you were never in the lead.

Other than that, I whole-heartedly agree with your post.

Teams below us have lost in last 24 hours. Newcastle lost as well, as did Pompey. We also have a game in hand, in cases 2 games in hand, on most of the teams around us.

Seems a bit pessimistic to me. In any case, you can't drop two points if you were never in the lead.

Great post.

There is no need to be negative after overturning a two goal deficit.

Tugay is too good to be true. What a performance from him when he came on. Finally a midfielder wanting the ball, everywhere and always, and he barely put a foot wrong. The brilliant, magical, exquisite 30 yard pass to Santa Cruz who controlled well (with his hand?) behind the last defender, before being taken down by Jaaskelainen.... It was inch perfect, and even though RSC did well to control it, Tugay deserves the credit.

If only McCarthy had converted the penalty, I think we would've taken the three points. He did well to send Warnock through for the first goal though, and obviously to score the second one. Another positive performance came from Grella, he looked really good in the middle of the pitch, breaking the game up and passing the ball around in safe, but solid fashion.

The first half shouldn't be mentioned on here, it was dire. The introduction of Tugay and Santa Cruz for MGP and Ooijer (attacking!!) made us a passing side all of a sudden, and we really pushed up players to make things interesting inside their box.

If there's people on here, or anywhere, saying we should just sell Santa Cruz - they should see RSC's reaction to our second goal.

GIVE TUGAY A NEW CONTRACT, WHATEVER THE TERMS!

• Backroom

Sounds like we mainly need somebody in to replace Dunn, a midfielder who can create and play for 90 minutes (Toogs can offer us the first, but sadly not the second). Not that we didn't already know that.

We scored two goals, missed a penalty and yet still came away with a point. Two points down the toilet.

Archived