BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wohoo Its Sunderland Again (preview)

Flopsy

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going 3-0. I just think we'll sign off our season's games with Sunderland on a high particularly after being very dominant over Boro in the last game. I also think Sbragia will rest more of his players then BS.

What does everyone think the attendance will be? I think it'll be a fair poor turnout as happens in cup replays.

Well there are seven of the Roversmum family going, so as far as I am concerned the rest of you should get yourselves along, pronto. (please don't bring out the excuses, we have heard them before ;) )

I'll be there and i've managed to convert a couple of Burnley fans into going too (the ones who are quite neutral. They've been before and clapped Rovers at all costs). Now if I can get some Burnley fans to come and watch a Rovers cup replay on a cold wednesday night, i'm sure everyone can get down.

Btw, they bought their own tickets.. :rover:

The club said yesterday that there was no worry over the game being on - so no excuses - get yourself down there.

A win tonight will do the likes of Roque, Roberts, Pedersen etc a world of good for confidence.

Im not sure what team to expect though.

Maybe this is something like we could see.

--------------Bunn--------------------

Simo-----Zurab----Givet------Ollson

---------------Mokoena---------------

----Tugay-----Andrews-------Treacy

-----------------------------------------

---------Roberts----Roque------------

As much of a legend Tugay is, that midfield isn't very inspiring!

Surprisingly stronger team tonight then I'd have thought:

Robinson, Simpson, Zura, Nelsen, Givet, Viillanueva, Dunn, The Axe, Treacy, Roberts, Sant Cruz.

Subs; Bunn, Ooijer, Tugay, McCarthy, Pederson, Olsson, Doran,

I'm surprised the risking of Dunny.

Simpson and Villanueva are on loan.

Treacy gives us some cover at left midfield, which we don't have much of.

Mokoena is versatile and with seven substitutes allowed on the bench actually fills a rather useful squadman role.

People need to stop expecting us to have world class 16/17th men and start looking at the fact that are real problem lies with our first 11. I actually think that for a side with several changes made to it we still look quite strong, the problem is we don't look all THAT much weaker than the first choice.

Simpson and Villanueva are on loan.

Treacy gives us some cover at left midfield, which we don't have much of.

Mokoena is versatile and with seven substitutes allowed on the bench actually fills a rather useful squadman role.

People need to stop expecting us to have world class 16/17th men and start looking at the fact that are real problem lies with our first 11. I actually think that for a side with several changes made to it we still look quite strong, the problem is we don't look all THAT much weaker than the first choice.

I'm pretty happy with the team, Simpson needs to play so we have a viable opton to Ooijer, Simpson could do with getting better fast! A little surprised Dunny is risked but that probably tells it's own story that it isn't a risk, maybe he just need 90 mnutes under his belt. Love to see Carlos playing, now Emerton is injured and Derbs has gone on loan he may be needed from time to time. Good to see Roque starting again, hopefully he can start his scoring some goals now.

We'll win this.

Edit:

Plus we can't keep saying the likes of Carlos and Simpson are not good enough without giving them a chance. The fact is anyway is that these are our squad players and if we get a few injuries or suspensions then these boys will be playing whether we like it or not so its important they have a bit of match practice and are a bit more used to playing with some of the players.

Archived