BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Penalties

I seem to remember Dunny scored a hat-trick of penalties in the promotion season, so he's obviously not half bad.

I'd like to see Robbo take them, but the cost of paying compensation for the next of kin of those sat behind the goals would make it less worthwhile.

was that vs Rochdale in the cup?

In fairness Andrews would have scored only Benny got in his way. :rolleyes:

Q. Does anybody know if Andrews ever shouts on the pitch? He's always going for the same header with our own players.

I noticed that. Benni definitely took a swing and only slightly touched the ball but knocked it from the path of Andrews.

Penalty taking is as much about mental toughness as technique. When the pressure's off most pro's could slot 9/10 pens easily. Taking pens for fun I'd back myself 75% of the time. If you then said " Right next pen there's £10,000 riding on it" my knee's would be knocking and my effort may not reach the goals, that's the difference.

Benni never fills me with confidence, Dunny was good but he's always injured. Come back Mike Harrison, he was good, Shearer wasn't bad either.

Dunny was great at penalties till he went to Big Club! After some bad ones Savage took over again! I wish Roque had taken the penalty yesterday but who could take them long-term I'm not sure. I don't think Benni is good enough to continue thats for sure . Warnock?

2 poor penalties on MoTD last night by Man U and WBA. Both were in GK reach but both went in simply because they were struck with pace in direct comparison to Benny McArthy's abberation.

Ronaldo's only went in because he lifted over the keeper and WBA's was just bad keeping.

Archived