BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lee Mack

chocky

Thatcher was a VP. She wouldn't know a football from a rugby ball.

Great thinking by the Rovers board : honour the politician principally responsible for the economic and social destruction of the north of England.

I'm sad to say it was Jack Walker who made her VP. She detested football and would have happy seen the game run into the ground in the 80s. Apparently she couldn't understand what Ken Clarke saw in it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sad to say it was Jack Walker who made her VP. She detested football and would have happy seen the game run into the ground in the 80s. Apparently she couldn't understand what Ken Clarke saw in it.

Maggie was Hon. Vice Pres. well before Jack got invovled in Rovers, I remember her name being in rovers' programme ever since I've been going to Ewood.[1978]

Maggie was Hon. Vice Pres. well before Jack got invovled in Rovers, I remember her name being in rovers' programme ever since I've been going to Ewood.[1978]

I stand corrected. Still don't know what the hell she was doing being involved in a football club, let alone ours!

I think he's a Morecome fan and a Rovers fan (when it helps him get on tv as our 'celebrity' supporter)

Shane Williams (welsh rugby winger) is also a Rovers fan

To be fair to Jim I once saw him on the Riverside, we were playing Everton and I think it was Amokachi's debut, anyway he made a dodgy comment about sending him to Rishton if he scored.

Is he? I read somewhere that he was in the youth set up at Forrest with Jenas and the like but didbn't know a Rovers connection. Good lad.

Seems to stem from a post on the official board.

No links or mentions of the fact or even the interview anywhere on any DW sites.

Think its someone making facts up.

Isn't Carl Fogerty a Rover? Sure I saw him in an interview at Ewood after a game.

I don't find Lee Mack funny at all.

Hemmingway must be the best famous Rovers fan. Every time you see him on T.V. he slips a comment about Rovers in there.

Foggy is a manc if i remember rightly...

Haha yes, wasn't he at Upton Park back in 1995, seem to vaguely remember him being interviewed as well.

Maybe we should get him to come again as a good luck charm.

I read on another website that his grandmother/father lived in Blackburn at some point.

Edit:

I just emailed the WWE Ask a Superstar to explain his connections :lol:

If I get a reply, i'll let BRFCS know ASAP!

I read on another website that his grandmother/father lived in Blackburn at some point.

Edit:

Tim are you on about Fogarty, if so, hes definitely a Blackburn lad (ex Darwen Vale school) , buts hes a dirty red fan with his local team Rovers being his second team.

Lee Mack is pretty dreadful IMO

I've got to agree with you. I think he is one of those comedians who tries really hard to be funny, but fails. Instead of talking sensibly about Blackburn, he tried to crack jokes that weren't that funny and which the audience didn't laugh at. You know you are in trouble, when the people who make Soccer AM, who usually laugh at anything, don't find your jokes funny!

He mentioned it on Radio Northumberland too apparently. I think it was Northumberland...

He comes from Northampton, so it is probably meant to be radio Northampton.

However, since his casting announcement, there appears to be have been no interviews anywhere, with anyone for young Master Smith.

Totally boolocks.

It was North something, so you are probably right with that.

I do know he's has at least one big interview though. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/jan/05/doctorwho-bbc

EDIT: I see you said "since".

I'm pretty sure I read it shortly after his announcement on more than one forum and there was a link to an article in which it was "supposedly" said, but I didn't read said article.

As I said anyway, it's all "apparent", nothing I'm saying is legit but has been talked about in several places.

It was North something, so you are probably right with that.

I do know he's has at least one big interview though. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/jan/05/doctorwho-bbc

That's the extended version recorded for the BBC on annoucement day and broadcast in edited form on DW Confidential. It doesn't count. :)

I guess we'd better stop talking about Matt Smith as we could be accused of going off topic of Lee Mack... :rolleyes:

EDIT :

There is absolutely no sight nor sound of any other interview anywhere on any of the main DW forums. And believe me, if he'd have had even a 15 second soundbite on a local radio station, it would have been traceable. We, errr, Those Doctor Who fans are rather obsessive on things like that.

• Backroom

Edit:

I'm sure he was at a game and was interviewed and he said

'I'm hear to support THE Blackburn Rovers'

The he hit the sweet chin music on the interviewer! (Ok i made the last bit up and now feel a bit embarrassed about admitting to being a WWE fan even at 24)

Tim are you on about Fogarty, if so, hes definitely a Blackburn lad (ex Darwen Vale school) , buts hes a dirty red fan with his local team Rovers being his second team.

I didn't know he was a United fan....always associated him with Rovers. Maybe I should e-mail him as well! :lol:

Edit:

Sod it, I emailed him anyway!

Archived