BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Villa Preview 7th Feb K.o 3pm

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And that's where he deserves to be. You don't find Hughes looking to pay £20m for Roberts.

I think we have struggled when Roberts has not played to be honest. We lose some much energy and power. McCarthy and Cruz are brilliant footballers but they lack Roberts directness which cna be a real asset. How many chances has Roberts created in the last six or so matches? Quite a few... even if he wastes a lot of them.

If we are to avoid relegation this game and Everton must give us a minimum of two points. Draws against both teams would be good, a win tomorrow would be a real boost for the team, manager and fans.

To be expected under Fat Sam.

Looks like we have sold all 5000 tickets.

Any danger of the game falling foul of the weather?

Villa fans must the most fickle bunch in football.

I remember during the Graham Taylor days when you thought you had a chance of the title, you lost in front of a full house at Villa. The following match the Villains played in front of just over 20,000. As far as any of the other so called big clubs are concerned, that would be unprecedented.

Even during wintry midweek matches the likes of perennial under-achievers such as Everton bring a minimum of 4000 (and usually a lot more). West ham and Spurs always have a much larger turn out than Villa, despite the geographical factor.

Generally there's a pitiful turnout from the West Midlands in the Darwen End, even for a Saturday fixture.

I'm glad there will be a decent turn out in the Darwen End tomorrow, such as has barely been seen since the Ron Saunders era, but don't insult our intelligence by chirping the odds about Villa's vast away following. Some of us have too long a memory to fall for that.

As far as the game is concerned, both teams are in-form and hard to beat so it's likely to be a draw. The Diouf factor and the Sunderland bounce however will hopefully turn that in to a victory.

There will be a dingle in our midst tomorrow - sat next to me. The unfortuate soul happens to be my Dad and I think he fancies watching a decent game of football. I've told him that he must behave and leave the bananas at home!

:lol::D

I hope Diouf AND Carlos will play. They will feed Santa and Benni for sure.

2-1 Blackburn

:rover:

Btw. I hope Brad the Legend gets a big welcome.

I think we have struggled when Roberts has not played to be honest. We lose some much energy and power. McCarthy and Cruz are brilliant footballers but they lack Roberts directness which cna be a real asset. How many chances has Roberts created in the last six or so matches? Quite a few... even if he wastes a lot of them.

And how many times have we had Macarthy and Cruz together....hardly any...they should get a run together now and I expect them to score goals. Roberts has missed vital sitters recently and if Cruz or Benni had been on them, we'd be looking at qualifying for europe now. Got to be Benni and Santa. :rover:

Blue skies here at Ewood, its a beautiful day and tomorrows Met forcast is Blue skies again come 3 o'clock with a temperatuire of around 2 degrees.

The games definitely on and if anyone wants to avoid the bad weather then Ewood is the place to be on saturday.

After Cruz's misses in the last two games I fully hope in the spirit of fair play that Big Sam puts him on the bench as hes not proved himself in the last few games.

There will be a dingle in our midst tomorrow - sat next to me. The unfortuate soul happens to be my Dad and I think he fancies watching a decent game of football. I've told him that he must behave and leave the bananas at home!

wrong claret/blue but he can live in hope of seeing a premiership game at ewood involving the claret/blue of our neighbours.

Fancy a victory tomorrow 2-1

Tomorrows game will be a first were we come away from Ewood and its still daylight and not sodding raining just hope we are happy with the result aswell.

Hope Brad Friedel receives an oustanding ovation from the Ewood faithful he fully deserves it!

After Cruz's misses in the last two games I fully hope in the spirit of fair play that Big Sam puts him on the bench as hes not proved himself in the last few games.

As Roberts played 120mins on Wednesday - I would expect Sam to start with Santa and McCarthy.

However - given his obvious awareness of Villa's strength on the break, wouldn't be surprised to see us start with a 5 man midfield.

As Roberts played 120mins on Wednesday - I would expect Sam to start with Santa and McCarthy.

However - given his obvious awareness of Villa's strength on the break, wouldn't be surprised to see us start with a 5 man midfield.

Wonder if Big Sam or any of his staff knows about when Roque played with great effect against Man U last season on the right hand side of a five man midfield if you can call it that.

Big Sam needs to know the versatility of his players.

IF ALL our forwards were prepared to chase back and importantly put a foot in and win the ball the options for Rovers would be unbelievable though you cant see Roberts and MaCarthy doing this they just seem to shadow the defenders.

Brilliant. That's all I needed to hear. Just a case of not crashing on the M6 now :lol:

And in any case, us northerners seem to be able to deal with snow a lot better than the joke that has been the south this week.

• Backroom

For me Pedersen has to play, we can utilise his long throws and his workrate and his helping out the defence are often overlooked but could be vital tomorrow.

right back is what worries me which is why I'm going for 3-1 Villa still.

And in any case, us northerners seem to be able to deal with snow a lot better than the joke that has been the south this week.

Oh, I don't know- I've worked from home three days this week.

Made it in to work on Monday. We all got sent home before lunch when the snow came down again and told not to come in on Tuesday. Today there were two inches of snow so I worked from home again. We coped beautifully. Just not in the way you meant!!

Funniest thing was the guy at the bottom of the road making 45 minutes worth of attempt to get onto the main road before deciding to walk. If he hadn't hit my car the week before I migh have told him to go up in second, but I hold grudges! I parked on the main road. No worries!

For me Pedersen has to play, we can utilise his long throws

I wouldn't bother set pieces, attacking and defensively, are their strong point. Playing through them is our best hope imo. Much like we did at Villa Park, just need to not make the errors we did last time.

Archived