BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Emerton Out For 9 Months

Terrible news.... has been one of our best this year..

As a Sydneysider, I never liked him about 10 years ago when he was playing for Sydney Olympic becuase my mates had better skill than he did and we were the same age - i've since realised his football brain was alot better than my mates who were better on the ball than he was.

Since joining the mighty Rovers he has always impressed me, specially in the last couple of years...

Lets hope Sam pulls a rabbit out of a rabitt for the replacement

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously doubt your friends were more skillful than Emerton at football. I'd be more worried that they don't have his footballing brain as Emerton is very much an athlete playing football (don't get me wrong he's a valuable player, but for the talent he has he could have been so much more).

i've since realised his football brain was alot better than my mates who were better on the ball than he was.

I hope you're talking "defensive brain".

Emerton's attacking football brain matter is near non-existent. He's like a loyal dog. He'll protect you for all his worth, running his legs into stumps but ask him to do something complicated and errr... where's the easy backdoor ball....?

Very disappointing news for Brett and for Rovers.

Huge blow. Emerton has been our most consistent players for a couple of seasons and we will miss his experience and versatility in the relegation run-in.

It's perhaps just as well Mark Hughes and the Rovers board didn't take your advice a couple of years ago Jim when you posted: "I have had enough of half-hearted displays from Emerton and sincerely hope he leaves the club in the transfer window."

In February 2007 you posted "Emerton is a liability to Rovers." In March 2007 you posted that Emerton's limitations as a defender had been sorely exposed. (See the link here)

It seems you didn't like Brett further forward as a right-winger either, posting in July 2008: "Emerton is hopeless as a winger." (See the link here)

In September 2008 you appeared to suggest that Emerton is a "crap player". (See the link here)

From being "hopeless" and "crap" six months ago to now being - in your words - "one of our most consistent players for a couple of seasons". That probably doesn't say much for the rest of the Rovers squad eh Jim?

From being "hopeless" and "crap" six months ago to now being - in your words - "one of our most consistent players for a couple of seasons". That probably doesn't say much for the rest of the Rovers squad eh Jim?

Thank you for reminding me of my great insights.

I am correct : Emerton is a useless winger and he was a liability as a defender when he first played in the position.

However, he has improved significantly in that position such that he is one of the most important members of the squad and an automatic pick for the team because of his work-rate and consistency.

And no, that doesn't say alot for the rest of the squad, so we're probably agreed on that.

You really are a sad useless article if you need to trawl through people's past posts to make some silly point.

Thank you for reminding me of my great insights.

I am correct : Emerton is a useless winger and he was a liability as a defender when he first played in the position.

However, he has improved significantly in that position such that he is one of the most important members of the squad and an automatic pick for the team because of his work-rate and consistency.

And no, that doesn't say alot for the rest of the squad, so we're probably agreed on that.

You really are a sad useless article if you need to trawl through people's past posts to make some silly point.

I'd say it was a fair cop. When you dig yourself into a hole etc. Jim.

You seem a little tetchy on this chilly afternoon today Jim. Did the matron forget to tuck you into bed last night with your hot water bottle?

I was just making the point that for a player who you indicated was "hopeless" and "crap" six months ago and is now lauded as one of the most consistent players in the Rovers squad, probably doesn't say much for the talents and abilities of the rest of the squad.

We're certainly in a major battle and a dogfight to avoid relegation, along with eight or nine other teams in the Premiership. We've got a big fight on our hands and the unfortunate news regarding Emerton's long-term injury sadly hasn't made things any easier.

Perhaps Jim we're agreed upon the fact that if John Williams and the Rovers board had been more decisive earlier and had sacked the tactically incompetent clown Ince at least a month before he was finally given the boot, then we'd probably be in a better position at the moment with more points on the table.

Let's hope that the Rovers board's dithering and lack of decisive action in November doesn't eventually lead to disaster come May. I'd suggest that those people on here who kept saying: "Give Ince a couple more games" got it badly wrong.

And I would say you can't read.

Moving on, most Rovers fans would agree that Emerton will be missed at right back. The fight against relegation (already on a knife edge) got much more difficult today.

if Blackburn stay up this season it was not going to be because of Emerton, and we have just signed Diouf who over the past three years has been a much better player

the question is can Oojier stop making error that is costing us games, because Emerton has not been a right back this season, hopefully this loan deal for the masked Zoro lol goes through

This season, he has probably been the first name on the team sheet.

9 months out is such a low blow.

That is a massive blow, he's such a key player for his work rate and reliablity. We'll definitely miss his versatility and energy.

The only slight positive is at least the official site says it's 6 months and not 9 so at least he should be back for next season.

Best wishes to Brett, hope he recovers well.

Emerton is the only player who springs to mind who has consistently performed well all this season under both managers. Absolutely gutted he's out - his work ethic & his versatility will be missed. My first reaction was that we need a loan deal to cover the right side but the question is who? Who is likely to be available who can cover right wing and right back?! Probably no-one better than we have, which is hardly ideal (Diouf + Oiijer/Simpson).

I guess the only positive thing to come from this is that Emerton is a physically fit guy and if anyone was to come back from a serious injury like that quickly then it would be Brett. He has a great attitiude as we've seen since he's joined the club and i'm sure his mind is now set on getting back to full fitness.

I wish him all the best and maybe the Rovers fans can keep singing his name at games to keep his spirits up as high as possible.

I am a bit down about missing his presence in the team but I feel so sorry for Brett himself, he is a total pro and this is horrible news. I hope he comes back fighting, as he is a dedicated and total pro.

Yup, nabbed fair and square. Jim you need to remember some people have far better memories than you. :rover:

imo though it's an odd (but sadly not uncommon at ewood) personality trait of yours that always needs to hate and deride someone on the pitch at all times. Need I remind your last target was WHU's current captain and a player that we could certainly use right now.

What if the same thing happens to Emerton that happened to David Thompson and Steven Reid? Both had similar long term injuries and were never ever the same again. Perhaps Savage too. I am now very concerned as to how Bert comes back from this. Much like Jim in the past I've been very critical of Bert - basically because as a Right Winger he was absolute bobbins. But he's been in our top 3 performers for a couple of seasons now though. Huge miss - and it may be for longer than we think.

Archived