BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Curry In Blackburn

Shajan on Longsight Rd. Best food by miles. Not for beer swillers though. And you might rub shoulders with Mr. Fogharty while you're in there.

Used to go there but prefer the Sylet now. Shajan is still pretty good though. Have to say roe lee curry house is best I know of, its a good price and you can watch them cook your food while you wait :)

Used to go there but prefer the Sylet now. Shajan is still pretty good though. Have to say roe lee curry house is best I know of, its a good price and you can watch them cook your food while you wait :)

Not sure if it's still the case but Sylet and Roe Lee takeaway were owned by the same bloke. Bangladesh cuisine btw.

Shajan on Longsight Rd. Best food by miles.

5 mls to be precise..... thats how far it is to the Bukhara. ;) And that is def not for beer swillers, they don't sell it! Best tactic is to eat an hour sooner and get back to the local.

Pretty sure you can take your own alcohol into Bukhara.

I do really doubt that. I've certainly never seen anybody doing that. It'd be rude toward the other diners.

Sorry but Sharzan = curry for the middle classes rog. Clog Blue swears to me that every chicken dish tastes the same whatever you get. Get your Dad to stump up for a Bukhara takeaway. ;)

I do really doubt that. I've certainly never seen anybody doing that. It'd be rude toward the other diners.

I'm fairly sure you can aswell. I'm sure the other diners won't think it's rude if you take a bottle of wine to share with your meal...if you started having too much and being lairy that might be a different matter though...

I'm fairly sure you can aswell. I'm sure the other diners won't think it's rude if you take a bottle of wine to share with your meal...if you started having too much and being lairy that might be a different matter though...

If the owners are not licensed because of their religion it would be rude to them

If the owners are not licensed because of their religion it would be rude to them

If they specify you can bring your own alcohol then thats okay. If they don't then obviously that'd be the case...I haven't been that many times and we've never had anything to drink there so I'm not sure exactly what the rules are.

• Backroom

I tried the Khyber on recomendation of the restaurants thread, was disappointed to say the least.

The best takeaway curry I've ever had has to be Akash in accrington, superb.

Also sorry to hijack the thread but whats everyine opinions on the best Pizza / Kebab place?

Balti house has gone vastly downhill whilst it's prices have gone up, I've been ordering from hot and spicy at Intack as it's cheap and half decent.

I tried the Khyber on recomendation of the restaurants thread, was disappointed to say the least.

Ahhh...... You must not have had the required aperatif to turn a Khyber curry into the worlds best curry ............ at least a gallon of premium strength lager! ;)

Did nobody tell you?

Ahhh...... You must not have had the required aperatif to turn a Khyber curry into the worlds best curry ............ at least a gallon of premium strength lager! ;)

Did nobody tell you?

Happy days Gordon!

:lol:

had a King Prawn Joe Frazier extra hot a couple of weeks back when back in Blighty,

Spot on as usuall

Happy days Gordon!

:lol:

had a King Prawn Joe Frazier extra hot a couple of weeks back when back in Blighty,

Spot on as usuall

The khyber certainly do one mean Jalfrezi! A real bum burner. :o I tend to go for a tastier less hot curries now and eat em with chammy leather japphatti's however with one of those khyber jobbies rice is an absolute must. The aggravating thing nowadays is that after copious amounts of Kronenberg or similar a Khyber jalfrezi tends to result in serious heartburn! It's not good getting old is it? :(

The khyber certainly do one mean Jalfrezi! A real bum burner. :o I tend to go for a tastier less hot curries now and eat em with chammy leather japphatti's however with one of those khyber jobbies rice is an absolute must. The aggravating thing nowadays is that after copious amounts of Kronenberg or similar a Khyber jalfrezi tends to result in serious heartburn! It's not good getting old is it? :(

I have conquered the heat in the curry these days, even surprised the waiters in a Mumbai restaurant when I cleaned the plate of one their hottest :lol:

Given up on the beer, red wine with everything now, no heart burn, low cholesterol,

Try putting the toilet paper in the fridge 1st

B)

Archived