BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rbs 6 Nations

We're finally putting together a talented group of backs. Just need to work on the discipline, particularly with the forwards and just continue to improve at the breakdown (which of course isn't easy).

I was meaning Johnson the leader rather than Johnson the player. Not only on field disciplinarian but also tactician. For example last night in the closing stages they were kicking it rather than retaining possession and running with the ball which they needed to do.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was meaning Johnson the leader rather than Johnson the player. Not only on field disciplinarian but also tactician. For example last night in the closing stages they were kicking it rather than retaining possession and running with the ball which they needed to do.

i think both teams were doing that, O' Driscoll tried a dropkick but he nearly put it out for a lineout

Basically what rovermatt said, plus because of the black and tans! And what the british did in Croke park all those many moons ago

err right sparkysrovers (and Matt) .......... so remind me do we English have to effin hate the Romans, the Danes/Norwegians and the French for time immemorial cos of what they did all those years ago too? :rolleyes: Tell me in the interests of double standards do you lot resent those nice Norwegians as much cos they were pretty crappy to you as well?

Also we have to take all that indiscriminate bombing targetted at civilians in the final quarter of the last century on the chin and pretend that we like the charming and gentle irish do we? Funny how all this hatred and resentment didn't stop countless thousands of paddys coming over here to work, settle and raise their kids isn't it? If you don't mind me pointing it out a scan of the phone book reveals the amount of irish that managed to overcome their resentment.

Instead of the odd negative why not instead think of the positives that we have given to you... Language, education, employment zillions of £'s chucked at NI which massively benefits the Republic too. You refer to us as the old enemy yet Gaelic is hardly proliferating at the expense of English is it? Why's that then? Maybe we should charge the world under copywrite laws for nicking our language eh?

I really think it's time that you lot, the taffs and the sweaties moved on. :tu:

btw Have you ever thought that if we English were black you're simply not be allowed to dislike us. :P

err right sparkysrovers (and Matt) .......... so remind me do we English have to effin hate the Romans, the Danes/Norwegians and the French for time immemorial cos of what they did all those years ago too? :rolleyes: Tell me in the interests of double standards do you lot resent those nice Norwegians as much cos they were pretty crappy to you as well?

Also we have to take all that indiscriminate bombing targetted at civilians in the final quarter of the last century on the chin and pretend that we like the charming and gentle irish do we? Funny how all this hatred and resentment didn't stop countless thousands of paddys coming over here to work, settle and raise their kids isn't it? If you don't mind me pointing it out a scan of the phone book reveals the amount of irish that managed to overcome their resentment.

Instead of the odd negative why not instead think of the positives that we have given to you... Language, education, employment zillions of £'s chucked at NI which massively benefits the Republic too. You refer to us as the old enemy yet Gaelic is hardly proliferating at the expense of English is it? Why's that then? Maybe we should charge the world under copywrite laws for nicking our language eh?

I really think it's time that you lot, the taffs and the sweaties moved on. :tu:

btw Have you ever thought that if we English were black you're simply not be allowed to dislike us. :P

We'd still dislike you. I think you'll find the native language of Ireland is called...Irish.

In any case Gordon, you did ask. I gave you an honest answer is all. ;)

We'd still dislike you. I think you'll find the native language of Ireland is called...Irish.

Yeah sorry.

We can only assume then that the basis for any dislike is envy. Nothing we can do about that except stick with Gordy until we are down to your level.

Ireland did well yesterday to beat a very powerful Scotland team. The weight of expectation affected in the Ireland performance again and there were times when they looked like they would get over run. They started the 2nd half very well and Jamie Heaslip scored a cracking try. This was always going to be a tricky game for Ireland and I'm delighted that they managed to get through it and keep their Grand Slam hopes alive. I can't say that I'm that confident about going to Cardiff next week and winning though. Wales are a tough team to beat at home, but England showed that you can trouble them and if they were a better team, they could have won that one. This should give Ireland some confidence, but Wales and Gatland would love to spoil our party and with Wales still having the chance to win the 6 Nations, they will be going out to win this one, with their best 15.

I thought Ireland and Wales did just enough yesterday and continued to look good, but not spectacular in what has been a fairly poor six nations.

England have just played an absolutely fantastic half of rugby. France have just been absolutely terrible, which has certainly contributed, but this side has now really shown what it is capable. I can't see France being quite as bad in the second half, but if that team can play with that speed and creativity all of the time then they will trouble everyone.

, but Wales and Gatland would love to spoil our party and with Wales still having the chance to win the 6 Nations, they will be going out to win this one, with their best 15.

That man in particular will want to wreck Irelands chances i am thinking. For me it will be tight but I can see us just about edging it!

Thing is I am playing in a match the friday night against a Welsh side....the ultimate kick off to the weekend.

what has been a fairly poor six nations.

Ah eddie, ya are only saying that because England have had a crap six nations apart from today. Nobody had any idea that it would be such a walkover! I was completely gobsmacked!

Sevens is almost as rubbish as league. Big deal.

Ever been to a sevens game or tried playing it? If you want a fitness test it's a good place to start. It's entertaining to watch and it allows players to showcase a different type of skills.

Ah eddie, ya are only saying that because England have had a crap six nations apart from today. Nobody had any idea that it would be such a walkover! I was completely gobsmacked!

I actually don't think England have had a crap six nations. I think a young team has shown potential, I didn't expect us to win it. I don't think it has been a great tournament so far as the quality of most of the matches has been pretty poor. Most games have been decided by which team has been worse, not by which team has been better and there have been only one or two good performances. The six nations always provides entertainment and it will be interesting to see who ends up winning it and the set-up normally ensures that there is always interest on the final day, but apart from that to look forward to it has been a let-down. I expected better rugby from France and Ireland.

Archived