BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rbs 6 Nations

Ever been to a sevens game or tried playing it? If you want a fitness test it's a good place to start. It's entertaining to watch and it allows players to showcase a different type of skills.

Of course I've never bloody played in a sevens game. So what? I fail to see how scoring tries at will is entertaining.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not really at will. It's a bit like 5 a side football, it requires slightly different skills, but in principle is the same thing. More emphasis is placed on fitness and speed. Really it's a display of raw physical ability. Obvious it isn't as interesting to sit down and watch day-in-day-out, but it certainly has its place and provides entertainment.

You are ranked 3rd in the world and only just beat the 8th ranked team, this is the pinnacle of this team

and will be as good as it gets for you. England are building a new team as teams should between world cups

and will get further in the next world cup then any other northen hemisphere team again...

I stand by my comments after the welsh game , England are building and will get better

Good result yesterday after a great first half

My view is that there is very little between eng, wales, ireland and france, they can all beat each other at home on the right day

I dont think there is one outstanding team thus I would like Wales to beat ireland, nobody has been good enough for a slam

I agree that there has been little between some of the teams, but Ireland have been the best so far and so deserve to win it. It won't be a classic grand slam, but if they pull it off winning every match is always a very good achievement. As I said yesterday, I'm pretty pleased with how England have done, could have hoped to have won one of the Ireland or Wales games, but really taking one of Ireland, Wales or France is decent. Shown what they are capable of, but need to sort out the disciplinary issues (which became an issue again towards the end of the France game) and then make sure they play with the speed that they can. Need to beat Scotland though, if they go out and lose in a grind of a match against Scotland then they will have undone some of their good work.

Wales for me.

I genuinely believe that they have more quality throughout there side. Ireland has a lot of ageing legs and this might be the last opportunity for a lot of the Irish lads.

Sorry Ireland.

One thing that has struck me though- is how few injuries the Irish seem to get, when was the last time the likes of O’Gara, Wallace, Hayes, Donncha O'Callaghan & O’Connell missed games through injury? Testament to there professionalism and the Irish backroom staff.

If only England could get a run of half a dozen games with there first choice XI on the field. Really good performance by England yesterday- good intensity, rucking ad some nice lines cut by the backs.

Most players get injured when they are with their club team, so it has nothing to do with the national set-up. Irish club teams may have some secret, but it seems unlikely.

I disagree on the Walves v Ireland comparison too. I think Ireland have a much stronger set of backs, they may be older, but that doesn't really matter now. Wales have the edge with the forwards probably, but Ireland are a better team overall and play the better rugby.

I disagree on the Walves v Ireland comparison too. I think Ireland have a much stronger set of backs, they may be older, but that doesn't really matter now. Wales have the edge with the forwards probably, but Ireland are a better team overall and play the better rugby.

Eddie you are talking out of your backside. Look at the amount injuries that English players get whilst participating in the six nations- its simply astounding.

As for your backs comparison- Wales have Byrne- who is the best full-back in the world, Williams who is the current World player of the year, G Henson ( Love him or hate) is one of the best inside centres in the world & the extremely promising Halfpenny & Roberts.

This is without mentioning Wales’s massive advantage at scrum-half. The only Irish backs who would get into the Welsh team is O’Driscall & possibly Kearney.

The packs are roughly equal with Wales having a better front-three ; tempered by the fact the Irish have a better second-row.

Henson doesn't make the Ireland team at the moment. He's talented, but isn't consistent enough. O'Gara would make the Welsh team. Fitzgerald is one hell of a talent and he and O'Driscoll are the best centre partnership in this tournament.

Mind listing all these English injuries for me?

Henson doesn't make the Ireland team at the moment. He's talented, but isn't consistent enough. O'Gara would make the Welsh team. Fitzgerald is one hell of a talent and he and O'Driscoll are the best centre partnership in this tournament.

Mind listing all these English injuries for me?

Fitzgerald is a winger Eddie. Paddy Wallace or D’Arcy play centre for Ireland. So that therefore dispels ‘your best centre partnership remark’ as Kidney doesn’t know who his best partnership is.

As for O’ Gara I personally believe that he most overrated Fly-half in world rugby- he is a chocker of the highest calibre.

As for England- Cast your mind back to Wales at Twickenham last year. What was it 5 injuries in one match? No less than three back row players taken off (two long term). Something has clearly been wrong IMO with preparation as they have a very unsettled side- partly due to injury.

So, one match from a year ago? That's your example? England have gone through this six nations without any serious injuries during the tournament. That suggests that they prepare pretty much as well as you can for having huge men run into you at full speed for 80 minutes.

I'm sure world rugby will come round to your view on O'Gara then. He's not the best in the world, but he's better than anything Wales have at the moment. Over his career he's shown himself to be fairly reliable and I don't think you can really label him as a choker.

I'm sure world rugby will come round to your view on O'Gara then. He's not the best in the world, but he's better than anything Wales have at the moment.

He's not as good a player as Jones or Hook (I would favour the former to start for the Lions in South Africa) but he's very solid and reliable. Not a world-beater by any means but hardly a choker. His main job is to kick the ball over the bar and nobody can argue that he fails at that very often.

O'Gara is a very good goal kicker, but Jones is better in open play. O'Gara loves to kick the ball when he can, and has the odd game where his radar is all wrong.

As much as I hate saying it, Ireland will win. Wales have not been that good other than the first 60 minutes or so against Scotland, but Ireland have been chugging along quite nicely.

Fitzgerald is a winger Eddie. Paddy Wallace or D’Arcy play centre for Ireland. So that therefore dispels ‘your best centre partnership remark’ as Kidney doesn’t know who his best partnership is.

As for O’ Gara I personally believe that he most overrated Fly-half in world rugby- he is a chocker of the highest calibre.

As for England- Cast your mind back to Wales at Twickenham last year. What was it 5 injuries in one match? No less than three back row players taken off (two long term). Something has clearly been wrong IMO with preparation as they have a very unsettled side- partly due to injury.

Eddie agree with you on a lot but not on your Ireland v wales thread

The welsh backs are better than the irish at scrum half, fly half, inside centre, one wing and fullback

I also too think O'Gara is over rated, he s a solid six nations player but not a first choice lions team to beat south africa

Really gutted Wales threw it away, and didn't spoil the Irish party. Congratulations to Ireland though, they were the most consistent team and deserved to win. I'm also glad that there are now signs that England are just starting to sort themselves out too. Hopefully they can find some younger and more disciplined players before 2011. If Wales won't win the world cup, I want England to win it. My uncle would be laughing all the way to the pub in Auckland if that came about.

Oh, and I have my fingers crossed Japan host the 2015 World Cup. The game needs to find new markets and expand.

I cant even put in to words what winning was like, i was in the stand behind the goals behind that last kick and my heart was literally in my mouth. I was nearly crying as it was so close and then when it was short the feeling was unreal.

However, we were beaten by Llandovery RFC seconds on the Friday night (team i play with) but they laid onto a few free beers and glorious meal afterwards, some of the night is still a mystery to me! Drank so much!

The people of Wales are just the friendliest bunch of people i have ever met, will always go down well with me!

Up Wales!

I'm surprised Union gets its own thread yet League, the far superior game, is ignored on this board.

Perhaps your opinion is untrue given the the last 5 words of your sentence

I 've watched both and found league one dimensional, even though its fast and hard, man tackled game stops, find it borng compared to the 15 man game, but life is all about opinions otherwise we d all fancy Jo Brand

Archived