BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clarkson V Brown

Another celeb making comments that have some people climbing the wall

Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has said he is sorry for calling Gordon Brown a "one-eyed Scottish idiot".

Personaly can't see anything wrong with that, very factual

:lol:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's the sort of bloke who is actually pretty funny when you think he doesn't believe half of the stuff he comes out with.

Then you realise he does, and it all gets a bit depressing really.

is that Clarkson or Brown ;)

The point (and quite a good one) is Clarkson making a link between having a disability and being incompetent, which (regardless of your stance on PC) is wrong.

I don't mind Clarkson to be honest, but that comment was incredibly stupid.

The point (and quite a good one) is Clarkson making a link between having a disability and being incompetent, which (regardless of your stance on PC) is wrong.

I don't mind Clarkson to be honest, but that comment was incredibly stupid.

Looks like Sarkosy thinks the same :lol: (as Clarkson)

All this hoo-hah over Clarkson and Thatcher just tells me that we have allowed our priorities to become skewed. All the more important news that there is out there yet we allow this nonsense to make headlines! As a nation we have become bloody ridiculous.

This Brown fuss has upset lots of blind people apparently, now we are also told that the Scots are offended too! :rolleyes: Funny how nobody at all as far as I can see has questioned the description of him being an idiot at all!

Thatcher? What is said off camera should stay off camera or they'll never get anybody to go in their bloody green room. The media have built her up as an opinioned chump much as they try to do with Boris Johnson so surely they are victims of their own agenda? As for the description who is the tennis player and does he look like said childs toy and has he had his hair cut in the same way? If so then it's hardly an offensive comment is it?

Is it me or has Clarkson rebranded himself as a well-informed presenter with zany streaks?

Before he was just an ignoramus car person with a loud voice and obese ego.

A few months ago, I saw him present Have I got News for You (yes, I wanted to punish myself) and he actually knew quite a lot of political stuff.

Is it me or has Clarkson rebranded himself as a well-informed presenter with zany streaks?

A few months ago, I saw him present Have I got News for You (yes, I wanted to punish myself) and he actually knew quite a lot of political stuff.

A touch of Stockholm Syndrome ?

:lol:

The man's still got the same godawful opinions. He's actually good at what he does, but it doesn't change the fact he's a massive tosser.

The only good thing he's actually ever done was to hit Piers Morgan in the face.

Behave, worst government and PM in living memory. When I'm dead my grandchildren will still be paying off his debts.

For those around in the 1980s the Thatcher years were a nightmare with inner city riots, mass unemployment in the north and excessive wealth in the south, greed in the City (nothing new there), sky high interest rates and the miners strike.

The present economic difficulties do not compare.

For those around in the 1980s the Thatcher years were a nightmare with inner city riots, mass unemployment in the north and excessive wealth in the south, greed in the City (nothing new there), sky high interest rates and the miners strike.

The present economic difficulties do not compare.

Give it a couple of months and it will be worse!

Excessive wealth in the South? Sounds outrageous, perhaps there should be a "Southern" tax.

Jim forgot to say: "The present economic difficulties which started in America ..."

Gordon Brown really has lost the plot, by the time he has the balls to call a general election, this country really will be in the sticky stuff. If he wasn't so profligate with the tax receipts of future generations, the real underlying problem would be shown up for what it is, ie very bad. As it is, he's just creating a time-bomb for the Tories to deal with, hoping that the mud will stick to them so that Labour will only be out for one term.

Anybody who thinks cutting vat will help the economy is not fit to run a country imo.What was the point in cutting vat on consumer goods when nobody has the money to buy them in the first place regardless of cost?

For years we have had bills rising at a faster rate than our income,so it was inevitable that what we were spending was one day going to outweigh what we were earning.In this last 12 months it has well and truly bit us on the ass and it will take us a good few years to recover.

If Brown and his cronies weren`t wasting money with their well over staffed and overpaid `outreach workers`and `co-ordinators` job scheme that appears on every bloody county council`s job vacancy list,then they wouldn`t need to tax proper workers to death to pay for the buggers.Which would mean the average working person would have enough money in their pockets to ride out financial dips like the one we are in the middle of.

Was Clarkson right to call brown an idiot? Well only an idiot would disagree,in fact any right-minded person would be calling him a lot worse and the sooner this bumbling idiot is thrown out at the next election,the sooner this country can go about sorting out this mess! :angry:

Behave, worst government and PM in living memory. When I'm dead my grandchildren will still be paying off his debts.

Name me one Government anywhere in Europe/US/Oz etc which has responded well to the current financial crisis. The German finance minister may have criticised Brown but their government is under some considerable fire for the way they've dealt with this situation too. I can't say I'm a big fan of the VAT cut though, but the bank bailout was entirely necessary.

Anybody who thinks cutting vat will help the economy is not fit to run a country imo.What was the point in cutting vat on consumer goods when nobody has the money to buy them in the first place regardless of cost?

For years we have had bills rising at a faster rate than our income,so it was inevitable that what we were spending was one day going to outweigh what we were earning.In this last 12 months it has well and truly bit us on the ass and it will take us a good few years to recover.

If Brown and his cronies weren`t wasting money with their well over staffed and overpaid `outreach workers`and `co-ordinators` job scheme that appears on every bloody county council`s job vacancy list,then they wouldn`t need to tax proper workers to death to pay for the buggers.Which would mean the average working person would have enough money in their pockets to ride out financial dips like the one we are in the middle of.

Was Clarkson right to call brown an idiot? Well only an idiot would disagree,in fact any right-minded person would be calling him a lot worse and the sooner this bumbling idiot is thrown out at the next election,the sooner this country can go about sorting out this mess! :angry:

Hurrah for the Tories !! Let's bring back the good old 1980s and shove the north of England further down the pan.

Does anyone know if this present generation of Tories have any policies and what (if anything) Call Me Dave actually believes in ?

While I don't agree with the rest of your post this is a good point. From my own experience I'd argue the public are only receiving the VAT benefit from major retailers and / or larger independents. We apply a retail price to 85% of our product before it's despatched, the price being set by the retailer. Not one customer has asked to alter their retail price for the coming year. If the intention behind cutting VAT had been to help smaller retailers to improve their margins it's worked but I find it difficult to see the real benefit in reducing the weekly supermarket bill by £2.50 in every £100.

While I don't agree with the rest of your post this is a good point. From my own experience I'd argue the public are only receiving the VAT benefit from major retailers and / or larger independents. We apply a retail price to 85% of our product before it's despatched, the price being set by the retailer. Not one customer has asked to alter their retail price for the coming year. If the intention behind cutting VAT had been to help smaller retailers to improve their margins it's worked but I find it difficult to see the real benefit in reducing the weekly supermarket bill by £2.50 in every £100.

Just Labour banging the electoral drum early by being seen to help out the 'poor' (you may sustitute the word 'dollopers' in most cases but not all). :rolleyes:

Most of the measures taken are ludicrously designed to help the public rather than business. Truth is that the wealthmakers must always be given priority otherwise it's a downward spiral.

Hurrah for the Tories !! Let's bring back the good old 1980s and shove the north of England further down the pan.

Does anyone know if this present generation of Tories have any policies and what (if anything) Call Me Dave actually believes in ?

At least Cameron will be prime minister because the country voted him in instead of this unelected buffoon we have in at present (And yes i do agree there should have been an election called when John `i love peas` Major was shoved into office too! ;) ).

And as for slating the tories yes they aren`t perfect but at least when they were in charge if you were entitled to the childrens tax credit,you automatically got it instead of having to beg the government for it.The children`s tax credit was introduced after the abolishment of married man`s allowance and was in 2 years before the current child tax credit came into force.You may have noticed that in the last couple of months people are frantically putting in backdated claims for the childrens tax credit,as at the time it was in place very few people actually knew about it!

Yet another way of Labour loonies robbing the very people they claim to represent!

Archived