SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scolari Sacked...

chocky

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mistake.

From the outside looking in, it would appear to me that there are one or two players that should be leaving before the manager.

But if they want to keep going and firing managers every 6 months and not go anywhere that´s fine by me. Wonder how many fans are getting ready to get off the bandwagon...

Thats going to hit Rom in the pocket, surely Scolari's compensation must be huge for this? Isn't Roman under a bit of pressure financially at the moment true. Anyway, i don't think sacking a manager when your 3rd/4th in the Premiership is the right thing to do, i felt bad for Avram Grant when he got the sack, he got them to finals and was in the title race up until 3.45pm on the last day of the season.

I were only thinking on Saturday after their draw with Hull that he'd be probably get the sack, but i didn't think it would actually happen. Who's going to be in line for the job now? Only one man fitted them perfectly before and he's now in charge at Inter.

It just shows what pressure exists in the PL. Scolari was a real gentleman and I feel that CFC have done in several of those in recent seasons. They will reap what they sow. I think that CFC will fade to their former days of being competitive but not unbeatable. Oh well, BRFC and the fans have their own worries. No time to worry about CFC.

Wasn't his contract worth £8m a year or something stupid?

Hard to feel sorry for him.

However, you have to say Chelsea are now all but unmanageable.

Maybe it is their expectations that are unmanageable..They were nought before Abrahmavich...Now the rent Boys expect the earth and everything in it... <_<

Abbey please tell me you're joking - not even Ince is that deluded to think that he would get anywhere near the chelsea job. (Although I'd love it if he got the pompey job - that'd be one team guarenteed for relegation.)

As for the title do we care - well if they go for Zola and they destabilise west ham, it could work to our benefit. Other than that, I think now is a pretty good time to play them, so depending on who their next few fixtures are against it could work for or against us in that respect.

I look forward to all of the media absolutely slating both Portsmouth and Chelsea "for losing their bottle" in the same way they went to town on Rovers. And Oliver Holt, who quoted both Keane and Adams as examples of why sacking Ince was racist, to run a full page column about it.

What's that? The sound of silence... <_<

I do find it really odd timing. Why do it straight after the transfer window? If you had so many doubts it should have been a week or two earlier when the window was still open. Or if, as both clubs have done, they backed the manager in the transfer window (to some degree) surely this is indicative of having some support for your manager. One week is hardly time enough to judge whether the new signings will rectify the season.

I look forward to all of the media absolutely slating both Portsmouth and Chelsea "for losing their bottle" in the same way they went to town on Rovers. And Oliver Holt, who quoted both Keane and Adams as examples of why sacking Ince was racist, to run a full page column about it.

What's that? The sound of silence... <_<

My thoughts exactly...I think Chelsea should appoint someone who is now actively looking for work!

Archived