BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scolari Sacked...

chocky

I do find it really odd timing. Why do it straight after the transfer window? If you had so many doubts it should have been a week or two earlier when the window was still open. Or if, as both clubs have done, they backed the manager in the transfer window (to some degree) surely this is indicative of having some support for your manager. One week is hardly time enough to judge whether the new signings will rectify the season.

That's my thoughts, too.

Newcastle, or City, usually pull this sort of trick. Baffling.

You can understand Adams going as they are dropping like a stone. They can also try the excuse that they couldn't bring anyone in for the new manager outside of the transfer window, when, in reality they just couldn't bring anyone in as they were skint.

Maybe Roman has a similar idea for an excuse for not winning the title or, at least challenging. Maybe rebuilding for next season? Too many bigs egos at CFC nowadays. International superstars that aren't actually that good. Was it Makelele that was DMC for them? He made Terry and Lamps, IMO.

This really cements the possibility of Villa landing a top 4 finish.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I look forward to all of the media absolutely slating both Portsmouth and Chelsea "for losing their bottle" in the same way they went to town on Rovers. And Oliver Holt, who quoted both Keane and Adams as examples of why sacking Ince was racist, to run a full page column about it.

What's that? The sound of silence... <_<

Adams has probably resigned in order to slip into the Chelsea job after the fine work he did at Portsmouth. :wacko:

He lambasted us for getting rid of Ince and then was surprised at his sudden departure . Perhaps the Pompey chimes have been playing havoc with his peripheral vision.

Adams has probably resigned in order to slip into the Chelsea job after the fine work he did at Portsmouth. :wacko:

He lambasted us for getting rid of Ince and then was surprised at his sudden departure . Perhaps the Pompey chimes have been playing havoc with his peripheral vision.

I have some (not a lot, but some) sympathy for Adams. I think he's had the raw end of the deal. He inherited a side from Redknapp already on its way down, was forced to sell his best players - including Redknapp coming back for one of them. Contrast his dignified silence to the whining from Redknapp about what Ramos had "left" him ("it's not my fault we're still ######, it's the unbalanced squad"). And let's be honest - this is not new behaviour - he's got serious form. I really don't understand why everyone in football seems to like Harry Redknapp, least of all Tony Adams...

I have some (not a lot, but some) sympathy for Adams. I think he's had the raw end of the deal. He inherited a side from Redknapp already on its way down, was forced to sell his best players - including Redknapp coming back for one of them. Contrast his dignified silence to the whining from Redknapp about what Ramos had "left" him ("it's not my fault we're still ######, it's the unbalanced squad"). And let's be honest - this is not new behaviour - he's got serious form. I really don't understand why everyone in football seems to like Harry Redknapp, least of all Tony Adams...

The jury is out on his dignified silence,the paint aint dry yet. His undignified rant about Ince may have been more of a plea to give himself a chance for a bit of time. That Strategy failed, although I do agree Harry tends to scarper before people realize what a mess he has got them into.

Guy on radio, can't remember who, reckoned the sacking was to do with the return of the Champions league matches. Said he thought Chelsea had given up on the title but reckoned that with an experienced manager they still had a chance of the Champs league which has been Abramovich's dream for a while now. Hence presumably why Grant, having taken them to the final last year, might be in with a shout of the job temporarily till the end of the season.

If you care about football, you should care. This just shows that as long as people like Abramovich, the arabs etc are in football, the sport will not be allowed to breathe. I'd ask UEFA or FIFA to make some dramatic changes in the way football is run, but that would be ridiculous as they are just as much a part of the corruption.

Nicko any idea if they will have a replacement in quickly?

I know Big Roman and his top aide flew into the training HQ in the helicopter at lunchtime and started sorting it out.

Scolari was gone fast - and the two names mentioned reached the ears of a mole of mine at the building.

The Juventus Champions League match is coming up fast...and I think they will have someone in very soon.

I know Big Roman and his top aide flew into the training HQ in the helicopter at lunchtime and started sorting it out.

Scolari was gone fast - and the two names mentioned reached the ears of a mole of mine at the building.

The Juventus Champions League match is coming up fast...and I think they will have someone in very soon.

Kenyon is remarkably quiet for someone who usually has so much to say ... any chance he could be next to swing?

Kenyon is remarkably quiet for someone who usually has so much to say ... any chance he could be next to swing?

We can but hope...

Trouble is Abramovich wanted Scolari while Kenyon and his chums wanted Sparky.

I don't think either camp excatly won the argument.

Rijkaard was someone they also wanted last summer, but he fancied a year off.

However he is a Champions League winner and those are thin on the ground...

Wow, I didn't even think of O'Neill. They should really go all out to make that happen.

O'Neill is the sensible choice.

Chelsea don't do sensible choices.

Plus the luvvies in the dressing room might not like him - the key to Villa's success under him is that they all speak the language and understand him.

BLIMEY! Who said Roman had lost interest! Wouldn't like to go there for my next job.

I bloody well would! It'd be bloody great.

They could both have simply said no to the jobs.

O'Neill is the sensible choice.

Chelsea don't do sensible choices.

Plus the luvvies in the dressing room might not like him - the key to Villa's success under him is that they all speak the language and understand him.

I'd be quite confident he could build something there that works for him fairly quickly.

Rijkaard is just an obvious one that will always be linked with these jobs - I'm not sure he'd have the edge they need to compete. Capello/Mourinho/Wenger/Ferguson/O'Neill - only one of them sticks out as likely.

Any other potential names nicko? Hiddink's being touted but I would've thought Roman won't repeat his mistake of going for an excellent international manager with not as much club experience...

Didn't Hiddink manage a club side on the Dutch league and a national side at the same time?

Archived