BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scolari Sacked...

chocky

:blink: 10 Domestic titles and 2 Continental titles? :blink:

If he is available then Huddink has to be the pick, but long term still think Rijkaard

It's obviously a great record with those titles but it would worry me a little that he has been out of club management for a few years and obviously has no premiership experience. Still no doubt he has to be on the shortlist (Considering Russia have given permission for them to talk to him that's pretty obvious though!). One major difference for me between Hiddink and Scolari though is that Scolari has done well internationall with Brazil and Portugal, Hiddink has done it with Australia, South Korea and now Russia, much weaker teams on paper. (Although Russia do now have some very talented players.)

Ambramovich strikes me as a proud man and I'm not sure if he would admit a mistake and ever go back but it's just struck me that at the end of the season there could be a fight between City and Chelsea to get Mourinho. Mourinho would love to be wanted so much, you know what he's like.

Ancelotti has to be a big favourite for the summer though if they are intent on only having someone in place until the end of the season. He has the experience of working with older maturing players and still getting the best out of them, most of Milan's players were over 30 and he was still winning trophies with them until recently.

Saying that whoever gets the job until the summer will be the leading contender to take the job permanently if it works out well for them.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiddink is the new Chelsea manager till the end of the season.

He also keeps his Russia job.

One major difference for me between Hiddink and Scolari though is that Scolari has done well internationall with Brazil and Portugal, Hiddink has done it with Australia, South Korea and now Russia, much weaker teams on paper. (Although Russia do now have some very talented players.)

Well, in South Korea, the refs also played a big part in his success...

Leftfooter's post is interesting but can someone elaborate as to what Hiddink's potential appointment has to do with Russian politics? That's not a "stay on topic " barb, I just don't see the connection...

Surely Hiddink would have the same problem as Scolari clearly did, adapting to club management after a long time spent managing at International level. Especially if the desire is for instant impact to win trophies. The "new manager effect" won't last till the Champions League final if they get there.

When did Hiddink leave PSV, 2005? Maybe 2006? It's not been that long since he was very very successfully managing a club side in Europe.

I don't see the sense in appointing Hiddink for four months, because they have another target in mind. I guess money is no object to Chelsea, but surely they have enough quality in their squad to ensure they don't drop out of the top four this season?

I don't see the sense in appointing Hiddink for four months, because they have another target in mind. I guess money is no object to Chelsea, but surely they have enough quality in their squad to ensure they don't drop out of the top four this season?

They want to win the Champions League this season. That is their aim. (I believe)

I wonder how much money Hiddink is getting for 4 months work?

Good appointment though, he seems to overachieve where ever he coaches.

Basic between £2 - 2.5 million.

Bonuses will be huge.

But the prize of being in the Champions League is massive.

Dutch football people love two things - themselves and money.

Mr Nixon, with all the bets you been laying down, any chance there might be some Dutch blood in there? Lol

Anyway good appointment by Chelsea, but it will be interesting to know what their fans think about all this

Nice of Betfair to not pay out because he is only chelsea's temporary manager. The money will be stuck there until the summer now.

What a load of crap!

Tell me about it, I have a green book, so can't take any money out whatsoever, i'm guaranteed money in the summer, but could do with it now :angry:

Looks like they have taken the bit out of the rules which basically said if it wasn't clear if it was classed a permanent or not, it would go down to who picks the team.

Tell me about it, I have a green book, so can't take any money out whatsoever, i'm guaranteed money in the summer, but could do with it now :angry:

Looks like they have taken the bit out of the rules which basically said if it wasn't clear if it was classed a permanent or not, it would go down to who picks the team.

Guarranteed in terms of taking winnings in the summer on Hiddink going permanent?

Probably not even if he does win the CL.

Hiddink has a Russian team to get ready for South Africa 2010 and Abramovich has time to hatch a plot or two.

Kenyon's salvation could be to put together the deal Cook failed to deliver and bring Ancelotti with Kaka to the Bridge.

Guarranteed in terms of taking winnings in the summer on Hiddink going permanent?

Probably not even if he does win the CL.

Hiddink has a Russian team to get ready for South Africa 2010 and Abramovich has time to hatch a plot or two.

Kenyon's salvation could be to put together the deal Cook failed to deliver and bring Ancelotti with Kaka to the Bridge.

Thats what I thought, so as soon he was appointed and Betfair said they weren't paying out, I layed him off, so if anyone other than Hiddink is named in the summer I now win. Would have stood to win more if they paid out on him today though.

If you lay him then the money will move onto the others. I already banked some of mine, so atleast I got some out. The rest is stuck until the summer, see the image below.

Hiddink Market

The hiddink price looks to low at the moment, I think it will go back up soon, especially if he starts talking about taking Russia to the World Cup.

If you don't understand the bet/lay thing, check out the bets on the below image. Free bet :)

Pompey Market

• 4 months later...

The 3 Dirty Rats at Chelsea - Devious Drogba, Bad Ballack and Calculating Cech....

No surprises at all that Didier Drogba has been named and shamed today as one of three particular Chelsea players whose unacceptable behaviour undermined Phil Scolari before he was sacked.

It was clear before Scolari got the boot that Drogba's half-hearted displays, application and commitment to Chelsea was a disgrace. In addition to Dirty Didier, Scolari has said today that the behaviour of Michael Ballack and Petr Cech was unacceptable too.

The body language that Drogba displayed - particularly during a 3-0 defeat at Old Trafford in January - suggested a complete lack of effort and desire on the part of the infuriating Ivorian. This was also picked up on by pundits like Alan Hansen and Mark Lawrenson who rightly condemned Drogba for his lack of effort and woeful displays under Scolari.

As Scolari said: "The real owners of football at the moment are the players."

If certain players want to get a manager sacked they can very often succeed. Michael Ballack has "previous" as far as this is concerned, when he was widely reported to have been one of the two particular players, along with Shevchenko, who Jose Mourinho has blamed for getting him the sack at Chelsea.

Petr Cech's name as one of the players guilty of unacceptable behaviour to undermine the manager is perhaps not as predictable as Ballack and Drogba. But it would appear that Cech is something of a calculating Czech.

Link: The Three Dirty Rats at Chelsea

I find it unbelievable that Scolari - one of the most reputable managers in world football - was sacked after only seven months at the club and at a time when the team weren't even doing particularly badly. I remember at the start of the season that they were widely tipped to be champions. Then, after a blip in form, he gets the sack. Unbelievable. Chelsea deserve to be behind United and Liverpool, they really do. Hopefully Ancelotti will actually be given a proper chance.

I find it unbelievable that Scolari - one of the most reputable managers in world football - was sacked after only seven months at the club and at a time when the team weren't even doing particularly badly. I remember at the start of the season that they were widely tipped to be champions. Then, after a blip in form, he gets the sack. Unbelievable. Chelsea deserve to be behind United and Liverpool, they really do. Hopefully Ancelotti will actually be given a proper chance.

He may have to get shut of a few first as the article states. No doubt managers like Ancelotti and Scolari talk prior to an appointment.

Maybe it was just Scolari's ways, things did pick up quickly after his departure, I think what he is saying is correct though, we witnessed it with Sherwood and Co.

It's obviously a great record with those titles but it would worry me a little that he has been out of club management for a few years and obviously has no premiership experience.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but on his record, if he had been there for the whole season he would have won the league.

The 3 Dirty Rats at Chelsea - Devious Drogba, Bad Ballack and Calculating Cech....

No surprises at all that Didier Drogba has been named and shamed today as one of three particular Chelsea players whose unacceptable behaviour undermined Phil Scolari before he was sacked.

It was clear before Scolari got the boot that Drogba's half-hearted displays, application and commitment to Chelsea was a disgrace. In addition to Dirty Didier, Scolari has said today that the behaviour of Michael Ballack and Petr Cech was unacceptable too.

The body language that Drogba displayed - particularly during a 3-0 defeat at Old Trafford in January - suggested a complete lack of effort and desire on the part of the infuriating Ivorian. This was also picked up on by pundits like Alan Hansen and Mark Lawrenson who rightly condemned Drogba for his lack of effort and woeful displays under Scolari.

As Scolari said: "The real owners of football at the moment are the players."

If certain players want to get a manager sacked they can very often succeed. Michael Ballack has "previous" as far as this is concerned, when he was widely reported to have been one of the two particular players, along with Shevchenko, who Jose Mourinho has blamed for getting him the sack at Chelsea.

Petr Cech's name as one of the players guilty of unacceptable behaviour to undermine the manager is perhaps not as predictable as Ballack and Drogba. But it would appear that Cech is something of a calculating Czech.

Link: The Three Dirty Rats at Chelsea

Hence the old saying of football managers...... 'Get rid of the bad players before they get rid of you'. I think 'troublesome' could replace bad in this respect.

Just as an aside and I may be wrong but I think any hopes of Tugay staying for another season at BRFC evaporated as soon as SA walked through the door.

Archived