BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Accounts 2008

AndyNeil

Agree with that, we certainly aren't at the top of the league when it comes to luck. You could even attribute part of the problem this season to bad luck - are the chances we are creating and not taking down to poor finishing, or that the ball just isnt running for us. Considering a couple of Roberts misses recently I think we'd have say it was a combination of both on that front.

Agree with you about Warhurst too, I always thought he showed some signs of real class in his play - a real shame he couldnt stay fit.

Every club who has been relegated will say they never got any luck. There is an old saying, "You make your own luck." You give Jason roberts misses as an example - well if wasn't on the pitch and a decent striker was on the pitch - see whaat i mean

BTW, Mr. Warhurst must have been really terrible in a previous life with his injury record.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody that cannot get a better offer will agree. With more clubs cutting their cloth according to their coats as the recession deepens I feel that most of those I named will find themselves in that position.

Agree those going out would find themselves in that position, but it would the players coming in that is more of a concern. Decent players, never mind good uns, will hang on. Prime example is Mr. Appiah - not played all season, trained with Spurs during transfer window then cleared off to Russia when money talked. All we be left is everybody's cast offs a la Mr. Fowler.

I suspect Rovers may adopt Sam's Bolton model - players on short contracts or loans. High player turnover.

I doubt we will adopt that aproach dingles.

Williams has more or less said we need to buy 1 to sell 1. So im sure we would only really be looking at players that have a bigger re-sale value on.

I can see us taking up plenty of loans for higher quality players too.

Givet is a cracking loan deal - hopefully the club sign him up on a permanent deal (although not for more than £3m).

(Wages are just based on assumptions but based on the fact of me knowing gally's wage).

...Gallagher (£20k)

Paying players like Ronaldo 100k + a week might annoy some people, but paying people like Gallagher 20k a week annoys me far more. Someone who is going to chip in 30/40 goals a season from midfield is a rare commodity, and as such is worth the expense. Paying Gallagher 20k a week is nothing short of criminal.

I don't know what our average ticket price works out at, but say it's £14 (I might be way off, but it's just a guess taking into account season tickets/junior prices etc).

Gallagher is paid 1,040,000 a year - which is the equivalent of selling 74,285 tickets over a season - or 3,910 per home league game.

It's no wonder our wage bill is so much of our turnover when we're paying nothing players like Gallagher 20k a week! :huh:

Despite the global downturn and the run on the pound, it seems like the EPL transcends all obstacles. How? Why? Parallel industries are imploding:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/c...icle5761837.ece

The final years of the Roman Empire saw ever bigger gladiatorial events in the Colloseum. More and bigger wild animals, more christians to kill etc etc simply to distract the citizens of Rome from the desperation of their situation.

History nearly always repeats itself. Premier League....Champions League..... Olympics. It's all there in the mix isn't it?

If Gally really is on 20k a week then that is a disgrace. I tend to defend the club's management on here but whoever approved that needs their head seeing to.

The only thing that makes sense in the current climate is for 3/4 of the premiership to chop the wage bill significantly. Unfortunately that will the clubs that can afford the crazy wages even more cut adrift from the rest of us. Players will rot in United's reserves if they are getting double what rovers can offer.

The more I think about it the more depressing this gets. I'm sat here in the City watching the banking bubble burst all around me, the football bubble will not be far behind.

If Gally really is on 20k a week then that is a disgrace. I tend to defend the club's management on here but whoever approved that needs their head seeing to.

The only thing that makes sense in the current climate is for 3/4 of the premiership to chop the wage bill significantly. Unfortunately that will the clubs that can afford the crazy wages even more cut adrift from the rest of us. Players will rot in United's reserves if they are getting double what rovers can offer.

The more I think about it the more depressing this gets. I'm sat here in the City watching the banking bubble burst all around me, the football bubble will not be far behind.

If all the teams outside the top four - as they wouldn't agree - said that the maximum wage clubs are willing to pay was, say, twenty grand a week, it would make for an even playing field. Any player would know that if he went to another team, his wage wouldn't be anymore than what he is on at his present club, this would also limit the desire for players to want to move.

• 3 weeks later...
Alternatively write to the Trust and tell them what you think of their performance. Rovers go down. Jack dies. Rovers lose over £30m, yes £30m in the season they go up. Technically Rovers were bankrupt. So the Trust not only writes this gargantuan sum off, they then proceed to write off the loans - yes loans - Jack made to the club to bankroll Dalglish. £110 million. So they have spent roughly a grand for every man, woman and child in the town of Blackburn and asked for nothing back. Nothing. Not even salaries. No bonuses. No dividends. Staggering isn't it?

I thought this sorted it for you. MY dad is a shareholder so it is there in blue and white over the last few years. Jack loaned the money. The Trust wrote it off. The fact that they have varied the terms of investment - sometimes donating money, sometimes loaning it (well once) - indicate that there was no clear instruction from Jack, just an interpretation of his wishes. So Philip is 110 million times right. Best to let this go Matty.

not on your say so. you are familiar with jack's will an testament?

my dad's dogs cats sister.. she knows a thing or two. meh.

I can read accounts too. Got your timings wrong. Jack converted his loans to share capital BEFORE he died. Trustees not so generous particularly when they set a price on the sale of the company that would recover every penny they've put in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived