BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Accounts 2008

AndyNeil

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I right in thinking the bottom statement in relation to Transfer Fees recieved is from Bentley and goes along way towards paying off the 'Outstanding Debts'. This will affect the price that the Trust ask as we have less debt?

At times I wish I had stayed on at Uni and done my accountancy....

Am I right in thinking the bottom statement in relation to Transfer Fees recieved is from Bentley and goes along way towards paying off the 'Outstanding Debts'. This will affect the price that the Trust ask as we have less debt?

At times I wish I had stayed on at Uni and done my accountancy....

Basically, yes, although given the fact that debts were £16m plus before that, it only takes them down to £9m

Now leaving work. Any further requests will be dealt with from home

So nothing new, it's what most people knew we're finished in the premiership without a buyer basically. Sooner or later we will go down. Sadly with the current world climate it's even less likely we will find a buyer, is there any good news?

Nice reality check reading the accounts. Trustees had to be persuaded to make a £3 million loan for our 08/09 campaign. Should not really be surprised by anything I read, but still found it to be unhappy reading.

JW recent comments suggest that he is just as depressed about our financial situation as the fans.

Everybody who requested a copy of the Accounts from me should have them in their inbox now ... my inbox is now empty so any new requests will be sent in the morning.

:rover:

Ditto

PLEASE remember to pm your email address- it's a pain to have to go and search for them.

Thanks

Just shows what a greedy lot the Trustees are. They hawk the Club round for an asking price of £40m when in reality they know it cannot breakeven in the Premier League. Needless to say there was no interest. They are a bunch of faceless and gutless lawyers hiding in a tax haven.

Just shows what a greedy lot the Trustees are. They hawk the Club round for an asking price of £40m when in reality they know it cannot breakeven in the Premier League. Needless to say there was no interest. They are a bunch of faceless and gutless lawyers hiding in a tax haven.

Having just read the accounts.

I can only presume you havnt done. :rolleyes:

Guest Kamy100

Good interview in this morning's Lancashire Telegraph with John Williams, it makes for sobering reading. He talks about the accounts, the implications of relegation or not finishing mid table and reveals what happened to the Bentley money (most of it went to Arsenal).

Is it me or is JW being a little naive and contradicting himself in the comments in the chairman's report

... the day that a team's very existence in the Premier League (let alone its success) is dependent only on geography or the size of its owners's wallet will be a very sad one indeed.'

and then

'So long as we can Preserve our Premier Leagus Status the club is stable but without funding from our owner we are inevitably moving from a trading club to a net selling club. Its the simple economics of a club with a small fan base.

Excuse me Mr W but that is exactly what is happening and has been for a while - something that many a fan predicted and prophecised to the extent that money is ruining (already ruined) the game.

Catch 22 - we have no fat wallet so as suspected are just waiting for the time that the trap door opens below our feet - can we survive - not according to the above.

I might be stating the obvious here, but the accounts in general make sense for the stance taken on Santa - in that we have the value (?) in him if we stay up or go down which may help to soften the blow in our down sizeing that would inevitably have to happen if we are relegated.

Interesting comments by the chairman.

Just two points.

1 - Wages going to be up by £6 million this year...sheesh, how big were the rises to Roque and Benni?

2 - There was a big sell-on clause on Bentley...I was getting slaughtered for saying that...can't remember who denied that at the time...perhaps someone could remind me.

I wouldn't say JW's approach is naive, but rather pragmatic.

If indeed any credit crunch begins to have an impact on PL club's, whereby financial institutions become reluctant to sanction any further lending and actively seek to reduce their exposure, at a time when many clubs are maxed out on their borrowings. Then BRFC with relatively little borrowings would be extremely well placed if/when PL club's have to; start repaying their debt; funding their debt and committed employees contracts. Would there still be a queue of investors looking to make a return?

A fact to consider - valuation of playing staff £61.5m at 30.6.08, book value £12.8m.

Does anybody actually know the specific instructions governing the trust? Very few.

Where's all the money? Ask the players and their agents (a fact of life in the PL), not the owners.

I will repeat a question I posed on another thread. A relatively minor point, but does the cost of borrowing £1.6m (.978m '07) appear a little on the high side, given the level of debt?

Just two points.

1 - Wages going to be up by £6 million this year...sheesh, how big were the rises to Roque and Benni?

2 - There was a big sell-on clause on Bentley...I was getting slaughtered for saying that...can't remember who denied that at the time...perhaps someone could remind me.

Why oh why was Ince so quick to get rid of our best, nay only playmaker? Surely the numpty must have know there wouldn't be cash to replace him. :angry:

2 - There was a big sell-on clause on Bentley...

Why oh why was Ince so quick to get rid of our best, nay only playmaker? Surely the numpty must have know there wouldn't be cash to replace him. :angry:

1. I thought that Den but JW says a lot had to go to Arsenal but the rest went on Grella, Robinson, Dioff, Andrews, Bunn and Charlie.

2. Do you think the 'numpty' would understand a set of accounts and the implications of them? :rolleyes:

btw Donald stop goading. <_<

Thanks den- that was the point I kept hammering on about at the time.

There would be no immediate cash benefit whatsoever from selling him and we should have brassed it out like Villa did with Barry.

Thanks den- that was the point I kept hammering on about at the time.

There would be no immediate cash benefit whatsoever from selling him and we should have brassed it out like Villa did with Barry.

Bentley was a pest and being disruptive...you can't blame Ince for that decision.

He made the right call at the time and used what money was left to bring in his own players.

Ince had plenty of faults, but the Bentley call was not one of them.

Bentley was a pest and being disruptive...you can't blame Ince for that decision.

We CAN blame him for emulating Bentley over the next few months....... :rolleyes:

Furthermore he replaced Bentley with players that we will never sell for more than we gave with the possible exception of Bunn ( that leaves him with a lot to do). That is the talent that we lost when Hughes went and it is a talent that is absolutely vital to the future of BRFC as a club. We killed the Goose that laid the golden egg.

I guess the wage cost will include paying off Ince and his backroom staff will it not? Not sure how big an impact that is but it will have some.

Archived