BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Linked With Icelandic Midfielder

LayLow

According to Icelandic media today Blackburn are keeping a close eye on Coventry 19 year old midfielder Aron Gunnarsson. The report goes on to say that Blackburn have been watching him on several occasions this season and saw him first hand yesterday. However the club face a competition from few clubs should they go ahead with their interest. His agent confirmed that Blackburn have had him watched. However he is probably one of many players Blackburn are keeping a eye on.

"There were representitives from Liverpool, Celtic, PSV and Schalke at the game yesterday watching Aron but I dared not tell him about it before the game as it could have affected his performance," Gunnarssons agent told Channel 2 in Iceland last night.

No lets buy him and loan Keith Andrews out.

Exactly. We so desperately need a decent young midfielder its getting beyond a joke. Dunn is too injury prone, Tugay sadly past it now, Grella is passable as one midfielder but lacks the creativity. Vogel wont make it. Andrews is an absolute embarrassment and when his name is mentioned I think 'how much longer do we have to pretend he's somehow good enough?' If Big Sam can bring in a loan signing midfielder with some genuine creativity I really think that could be the difference between us staying up and going down. People think one player might not make that much of a difference but I disagree. We start at a disadvantage every time we field a team with Andrews in it, against a genuinely capable Premiership midfielder (or even a half decent Championship one, as we saw against Coventry). Come on Sam - sort it out!

Exactly. We so desperately need a decent young midfielder its getting beyond a joke. Dunn is too injury prone, Tugay sadly past it now, Grella is passable as one midfielder but lacks the creativity. Vogel wont make it. Andrews is an absolute embarrassment and when his name is mentioned I think 'how much longer do we have to pretend he's somehow good enough?' If Big Sam can bring in a loan signing midfielder with some genuine creativity I really think that could be the difference between us staying up and going down. People think one player might not make that much of a difference but I disagree. We start at a disadvantage every time we field a team with Andrews in it, against a genuinely capable Premiership midfielder (or even a half decent Championship one, as we saw against Coventry). Come on Sam - sort it out!

As the transfer window is now closed how is he supposed to bring in a loan player? Loans only apply in the Football League now not in the Premiership. Sadly, we are stuck with what we have got. At this point surely it's worth looking at Vogel again. If we continue with a partnership of Andrews and Grella I really don't see how we will avoid relegation.

As the transfer window is now closed how is he supposed to bring in a loan player? Loans only apply in the Football League now not in the Premiership. Sadly, we are stuck with what we have got. At this point surely it's worth looking at Vogel again. If we continue with a partnership of Andrews and Grella I really don't see how we will avoid relegation.

I agree 100%, if we stick with Andrews and Co we're as good as down. It's inexplicable that we didn't strengthen the midfield whilst we had the chance.

According to Icelandic media today Blackburn are keeping a close eye on Coventry 19 year old midfielder Aron Gunnarsson. The report goes on to say that Blackburn have been watching him on several occasions this season and saw him first hand yesterday. However the club face a competition from few clubs should they go ahead with their interest. His agent confirmed that Blackburn have had him watched. However he is probably one of many players Blackburn are keeping a eye on.

"There were representitives from Liverpool, Celtic, PSV and Schalke at the game yesterday watching Aron but I dared not tell him about it before the game as it could have affected his performance," Gunnarssons agent told Channel 2 in Iceland last night.

Hands off!!! :angry: I think Aron's time with us is numbered hope he's here next season maybe another season in the Championship would do him good as to sitting on the bench at Liverpool or some top European club!

But can't see Blackburn being his likely destination as he is a player that will be looking at European football and most importantly a side where they use their midfielders instead of Hoofing it over the top!

Hands off!!! :angry: I think Aron's time with us is numbered hope he's here next season maybe another season in the Championship would do him good as to sitting on the bench at Liverpool or some top European club!

But can't see Blackburn being his likely destination as he is a player that will be looking at European football and most importantly a side where they use their midfielders instead of Hoofing it over the top!

We only hoof it over the top against the top teams ;)

Perhaps the wrong place to put this. One lower level player who impressed me this weekend was that young Cotterill at Sheff U ( any relation to the ex Dingle?) The young fella actually looked like he knew how to cross a ball, is this lad generally good or was this a flash in the pan performance?

This is Gunnarssons first full season, he only played 1 competitive game for AZ Alkmaar so I think that is quite interesting. He

What the Cov fans think about him:

http://www.rivals.net/FORUM/pgePosts.aspx?...4&clubId=27

http://www.rivals.net/FORUM/pgePosts.aspx?...4&clubId=27

http://www.rivals.net/forum/pgePosts.aspx?...4&clubId=27

He also has a Delap-like throwin in him in whcih Coventry have scored some goals this season:

Perhaps the wrong place to put this. One lower level player who impressed me this weekend was that young Cotterill at Sheff U ( any relation to the ex Dingle?) The young fella actually looked like he knew how to cross a ball, is this lad generally good or was this a flash in the pan performance?

Was highly rated prior to him going to Wigan if its the same one (Bristol?) - wasn't given much a chance there but didn't impress when he was by all accounts, had a feeling they tried to play him as a back up striker though.

Apparently this guy talks to his fans through facebook so I messaged him, asking if he'd be interested in joining Blackburn and this his reply !

hahaha.. i mean blackburn is a big club.. im still young if u know what i mean, and i dno if i would come and play regular:P.. soo think one more season here then i'll be ready for prem isnt.. and thanks:)

This lad is obviously a bit of a character ! I asked if his agent had informed him of Blackburn's interest

yea he does, he told me about the interest, but i thought it was just to make me be high in the next game on tuesday haha.. but yea we will see isnt:).. yea man, keep in touch..

i might put u guys out next tuesday if im up for it hahaha:D

He's very willing to chat, though his English needs some attention !

hahaha we will see about that:).. i seen u been windin the cov fans up in here hahahahhaha:D love it..!! but please dont do that:D.. even tho i know u were laughin ur ass off:D.. i was at least couz i know u were:D..

but yea message me here if u want lad:)

He's very willing to chat, though his English needs some attention !

hahaha we will see about that:).. i seen u been windin the cov fans up in here hahahahhaha:D love it..!! but please dont do that:D.. even tho i know u were laughin ur ass off:D.. i was at least couz i know u were:D..

but yea message me here if u want lad:)

Brownie stop tapping our players up through Facebook! :P

Nah Aron's a top lad does alot of charity work in his own time.

Saw him out in Cov a couple of weeks ago, spoke to him for about 10 mins about everything but Football real good lad as you can see speaks to the fans, he was out with his missus and I said a few times I will let you get back to your table and he said "No it's fine I enjoy speaking to the fans".

Very refreshing to see especially if you compare his attitude to some young English players that are not fit to tie Aron's laces and they think they have made it and are God's gift to the world! Aron is the complete opposite, keeps a low profile was almost slightly embarassed that people were stopping him to take photos with him, will chat with anyone and at the end of every game win, lose or draw he will go round applauding every stand.

Genuine top lad that will go Very Very far!

..keeps a low profile was almost slightly embarassed that people were stopping him to take photos with him, will chat with anyone and at the end of every game win, lose or draw he will go round applauding every stand.

Sounds like the new Tugay. Sign him up!

Apparently this guy talks to his fans through facebook so I messaged him, asking if he'd be interested in joining Blackburn and this his reply !

hahaha.. i mean blackburn is a big club.. im still young if u know what i mean, and i dno if i would come and play regular:P.. soo think one more season here then i'll be ready for prem isnt.. and thanks:)

Maybe I'm getting to old and cynical though, I first took his message as...

"££££..I mean, Blackburn will pay me lots...I'm not good enough to play and the transfer window is shut, but if you want ot throw money at me in the summer I will be very happy :P Kerching:)"

But I'm willing to accept that he's a decent lad, if that's the case?

Archived