BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nba 2k9

Guest Kamy100

I got this on the 360 and is the best sports simulation that you are ever likely to play.

The game is pretty hard but if you put it on rookie level it makes it easier to pick up, I knew not much about Basketball but through playing this I have now know what Basketball is about. Graphics are superb and gameplay is as good as it gets.

Online is smooth although the people you play on there are very good so you will get some savage beatings, luckily quite a few of my friends have it so we play each other.

Great game and you can find it for £17.99 online if you shop around.

I do not like the 2k series of NBA, the controls just seem too complicated for what is a very simple sport. Saying that though the NBA Live series by EA has also run its course, it plays nothing like the real game would. Added a pick and roll button this year has made it slightly more interesting if your front court is good but its not made it anything spectacular either.

Is it worth perservering with over-complicated controls with the 2K series? My only gripe with the 2K is that it plays nothing like the real game to me, yet it is the NBA game that the vast majority of Americans play iirc.

I could be wrong here but I am sure I have played it by downloading the demo from the American Store (I don't sound so sure because in the space of two weeks I think they put up about 2 lots of demos for hockey, basketball and American football - I don't really like any of those but I download all demos all the same)

Do that and have a play to see if you like it.

NBA 2K9 is a great game. I have it on the 360 rather than the ps3, but I am sure it is equally as good on both consoles. The controls are good and you don't have to bother with the more complicated stuff (the iso movements) unless you want to. You can quite happily play on the most difficult level by simply passing and shooting with the buttons. The graphics are very good, gameplay is very good and the franchise mode is very enjoyable.

Franchise mode is when you take total control of a team. You control trades, the draft, free agent signings, contracts, training, hiring coaches, player development and all that kind of stuff. You obviously can play the games in the usual way or you can simulate them, either a total simulation or a kind of gradual one that allows you a bit of coaching input as it goes.

Archived