BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United Preview

..Wasn't the shortsighted Devine was it Mum? Don't forget that Webb was the ref in the West Ham game who gave tevez a pen for a non-challenge and awarded a goal when the ball didnt cross the line!

Jim doesn't run the line any more. He did one more season after that mistake and then moved into training for the job of assessing young refs.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Setanta Sports commentators where excellent and spot on.

They said United should've finished off with 9 players (Ronaldo and Rafael sent off).

We should've had a penalty.

About the dissallowed Evan's goal - I think it was given for Christine Ronaldo's push on Nelsen.

Robbo's blog from the BBC Website

Maybe Pedersen should take note of what most people seem to think.

PEDERSEN TAKE NOTE

Why should he listen to what a load of Man U fans think?

There's more of them than us, you know? Doesn't make them right. If it was the other weay round they'd be baying for blood.

Rafael impeded MGP's progress. Foul. Penalty.

Doesn't matter which way you fall or any of that rubbish.

If you follow the line of reasoning of a lot of these people then shirt pulling should be fine too. He's a big lad, didn't slow him down too much etc.

It should also be asked, what was Rafael doing with his hand on MGP's shoulder? It didn't need to be there and certainly isn't part of his normal running style. HE WAS SEEKING TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE BY PUTTING MGP OFF!

Evans goal clearly disallowed for a push on Nelsen.

There's more of them than us, you know? Doesn't make them right. If it was the other weay round they'd be baying for blood.

Rafael impeded MGP's progress. Foul. Penalty. SENT OFF

Doesn't matter which way you fall or any of that rubbish.

If you follow the line of reasoning of a lot of these people then shirt pulling should be fine too. He's a big lad, didn't slow him down too much etc.

It should also be asked, what was Rafael doing with his hand on MGP's shoulder? It didn't need to be there and certainly isn't part of his normal running style. HE WAS SEEKING TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE BY PUTTING MGP OFF!

Evans goal clearly disallowed for a push on Nelsen. SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A CORNER IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

Who says they are MU fans?

Don't think there are many who don't think it was a penalty but on the samehand think Pedersen went down far too easily (unless he was 'clipped')

As the reference to George Best -very rare you see players skipping/riding tackles nowadays and the reference to the sign saying 'fall here' is all too evident in the game never mind amongst kids.

So, Setanta thought it was a penalty, FiveLive did, Match of the Day did and as far as I can see every national newspaper reporter did. On the other side we have Alex Ferguson, some United fans and bizarrely a few Rovers fans. I know who I believe.

Excellent point. We do have some curmudgeonly support amongst our ranks. I put it down to sunlight deficiency.

We ALWAYS play at the same level as the opposition (give or take) - witness this one and the likes of Villa away where we put up a good show. At the other end of the spectrum are games like Blyth away and last night when we've been pretty damned awful. With this sort of history, can't say I'm too optimistic for the coming months. Draws, and valiant defeats at the likes of Liverpool (a) I see as being the order of the day.

Archived