BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United Preview

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As most people, well sane people, already convinced were going to get beat on saturday, I think that the most important thing is the performance.

I think that a good performance at old trafford will give the side confidence going into the games against Coventry and Hull.

I had a dream on tues night that rovers will win 3-1.

Sounds out of reach but it felt so real! I put a bet on it just

In case!

In the words of Les Dennis, 'I'll give you the money myself' if that happens.

4 nil, and nelson sent off

I'd settle for a Nelson suspension if we can win 4-0 :D

The pace of Ronaldo worries me against Ooijer, I'm certain they'll stick him on the left like they did in one of their recent games when I think Giggs went on the right.

Then again player for player they all worry me against us, Santa Cruz is probably our only player who'd make their squad and he'd still be 4th choice!!! Just shows the tremendous gulf in quality between us and Man Utd at the moment, with all due respect though you could say the same thing in comparison with Man Utd against about 75% of teams in the league.

There will be no shame in losing this one but like others have said we need to at least put up a fight, unlike we did against Arsenal and unlike Fulham did against Man Utd in mid week when they just rolled over.

It's a game of football though, we always have a chance of nicking something even if it is a very slim one. We need to be at our very best and take our chances and just hope they keep finding the wrong side of the woodwork and Robbo performs heroics.

Here's a cheeful stat to start the day. Since United lost 2-1 at the Emirates, their League record is:

P14 W12 D2 L0 F24 A0

On the plus side they've scored one goal or less in 10 of those matches. I think the key is just trying to hang on for dear life to a clean sheet and then try and pinch a goal.

If we score against United especially early, how much of a blow to their morale will it be, so close to breaking the Euro clean sheet record?

Cant see us getting anything out of it. Id play 4-5-1 and possibly Roque on the right in that, like Sparky did the other year.

Us scoring early would be a red rag to a bull. They'd stick 6 past us.

I think it's far more likely they be distracted from getting their record than losing it. Also remember that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

Keep it close, let them get their record and nick one in the last minute for a 1-0 win.

----------Robinson

Ooijer Nelsen Givet Warnock

-----------Mokoena

Diouf Dunn Grella Pedersen

----------Santa Cruz

Damage limitation I think! I did ponder about giving Roberts a place in the startin XI, but I think he would be more effective to wear down a tiring defence (?!) towards the end of the game.

I seem to remember Chelsea getting some kind of record for going without conceding at Ewood. Didn't Dickov have a penalty saved that would have stopped them getting the record? There is no way we'll get a penalty at Old Trafford of course. It's about as likely as a Keith Andrews winner - now that would be funny!

Absolutely no idea what Sam is going to go for formation wise.

451?

----------------Cruz

Pedersen---------------Diouff

-------Warnock---Dunn

--------------Grella

Givet---Nelsen---Samba---Ooijer

--------------Robinson

That pace of that back four Ronaldo/Rooney/Tevez will eat for breakfast!

I was going to post exactly the same team. Although I probably would have dropped an 'f' in 'Diouf'. ;)

The good news regarding our slow back four is their wingers aren't in the best of form. The downside is that the rest of the team are probably in the form of their lives. :(

Here's a cheeful stat to start the day. Since United lost 2-1 at the Emirates, their League record is:

P14 W12 D2 L0 F24 A0

On the plus side they've scored one goal or less in 10 of those matches. I think the key is just trying to hang on for dear life to a clean sheet and then try and pinch a goal.

Lets be honest though, how many of those teams actually went out to beat man utd. Most of them played for damage limitations only - 'lets hope we don't get beat too much'. I do not think big sam has that attitude for his teams. Hopefully utd are knackered after the mid week game.

New tactic for Rovers for Saturday

Robinson

Ooijer......Nelson......Zurab........Givet

Axe.....Grella.........Vogel......Olsson.......Warnock

Dunn

Lets be positive and go for a nil...nil draw

I would be inclined to go with this formation.

Robinson

Ooijer......Nelson......Zurab........Givet.....Axe..... Dunn.....Grella.........Vogel......Olsson.......Warnock

I was going to post exactly the same team

...except that Samba isn't available. Oops. In that case, Givet in the centre, Warnock left back and...err...someone in centre midfield. Mokoena and push Grella forward? We could really have used Emerton for this game.

Archived