BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Help!

Some locking systems can be opened by cutting a tennis ball in half placing it over the lock and belting it with the flat of your hand. Apparently the air forced in can unlock the doors.

If you have to break in it's sometimes cheaper to replace an entire windscreen rather than a small side window..... I know this from my own costly experience. :( Also you might get a free windscreen from your insurance... check.

The tennis ball method doesnt work, especially not on new cars. It was busted on the Discovery channell programme mythbusters. Weve got our keys back now. We managed to get inside without damaging the car. The method was to get some of the flexible cable like plastic that sometimes is wrapped around new parcels and boxes, bend that into a loop, which can then be thread through the seal on the car door, looped over the lock switch (the little button that pops up when you unlock the car). Then by yanking the plastic cord you can pull this button up and unlock the door. He said some people from a rough area showed him the trick when he did the same thing 20 odd years ago. DOesnt work on all cars.

Not sure I should be posting this :S so might take it off.

I locked my keys in the car in the inner city of Boston one time. When the store owner where I had just been couldn't get his slim jim to work, a passing driver was able to get his working to break me into my car! The whole thing took about 5 minutes from when I found I was locked out!

Yeah. I was shown how to do it about 3 years ago and its very, very easy. (Scarily easy).

Aswell as getting inside a tiny window....eww he popped his shoulders or something our of place to get through it!

I was also shown how to get into a PVC door once (The ones with panels in) by a workman and I was shocked at how easy that was too! Infact I dont think I slept for about a week after, thinking the guy was going to come back and do the house over.

Glad you got your keys back.

For future reference, Tugay4England has a very effective way of rescuing keys in this situation:

Simply climb on top of the car and shatter your sunroof, making sure to shred your hands up in the process and get glass all over the car. Then leave this compromised car for a few hours with a kindly stranger that you've never met before. Then go to the bar at White Hart Lane after a football match (preferably one that is won 4-0, ensuring European qualification) and get a large piece of cardboard. Then drive back home with said cardboard taped to your roof where your sunroof used to be.

Simple and effective.

My first car was a Austin Maestro and I locked the keys in it once, a guy who lived across the road also had a Maestro so I asked if I could borrow his car keys just as an off chance they would work on my car and with a bit of force his keys opened my car.

Archived