BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City V Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got our tickets - we've sold less than 1,000 so far.

Going to Hull. Need advice on parking and the 'away' pubs. Read back through the thread I see there is a bit but any locals who can shed some more light?

What is the prospect of parking in the centre and walking ('drinking') to the ground?

Massive game at Hull, we need a win and I think its within our capabilities.

The team:

-----Robbo-----

-AO-RN-CS--GG

DIOUF-VG-SW-DD-MGP

-------RSC------------

I recon Warnock would be more involved in the middle than Andrews, GG switching to left back.

The prediction:

Hull 1 - Rovers 3

Diouf to cause havok, Roque 2 goals, Dunny 1

They're not that bad. They just like to intimidate the away fans - They also found out not to do that against Millwall, otherwise you have a seat thrown at you

Trust me if you knew what some of them had on their criminal records you'd take that back, most of it is football related from away games around 2003 time and the club still let them come in the ground. One of them actually has a football banning order and manages to get in games still, saw photo's of him tagged on facebook during the Millwall trouble in January.

As for the game, we have to beat Hull, if they lose tonight and then we beat them on Sunday, we will really drag them into the battle. They are already in the battle but if we were to beat them at their place their already fragile confidence will surely be broken. I think Phil Brown has got to be the most over confident person in football and I for one am not believing the front he is putting on about how is team isn't low on confidence etc. Lets hope Spurs even hammer them tonight and give them another dent before Sunday, Spurs have more than enough quality to stay up and Hull don't if their so called amazing team spirit and confidence collapses. I think/hope we will win, i'm going for 1-4. I just think we are going to click at some point and give some team a good spanking.

Just got my ticket for this game

Extremely nervous about this game though, im really not confident we'll win. I get the impression that Hull will be really quick out of the blocks which will trouble us. Hopefully Andrews won't play and Givet will, if so we have a chance

Heart says 3-1, head says 1-1

COME ON ROVERS!!!!

The team:

-----Robbo-----

-AO-RN-CS--GG

DIOUF-VG-SW-DD-MGP

-------RSC------------

I recon Warnock would be more involved in the middle than Andrews, GG switching to left back.

This would be my team too.

Rovers cannot afford to loose, and being honest we probably can't afford not to win either, but this formation at least should have several things going for it.

1) We shouldn't conceed and give ourselves a mountain to climb.

2) It should allow for the creative best of Pedersen and Diouf, Diouf isn't at his best defending and whilst Peds can, maybe fewer defensive responsiblities will see him venture forward more and get in a few of the thunderous shots of old.

3) Hull are a very competitive, high energy team, and it'll probably be a very energetic competitive match. Having three in the centre of midfield will allow rovers to cope with the business of Hull's play.

I'm not a fan of Ooijer at right back or Warnock in midfield. However I am much less of a fan of Simpson and Andrews and have yet to be convinced either offer anything positive to the rovers team. Warnock will be just as busy but with a better touch and tackle. It also allows us to play the in form Givet, along with our much improved centre backs.

Rovers have to win this. I'm hoping the coventry game doesn't take too much out of us.

Heart says 2-0 rovers Pedersen & Rocky, head says a 1-1 draw.

Come on lads, let's get out of this relegation mire, and go onto bigger and better things under Sam.

In terms of going to the KC following the Rovers, get there this Sunday because Hull looked woeful tonight.

Apart from a lot of battle which steadily drained out of them, there is nothing in this Hull side to be worried about and a great deal to be exploited. Our defence will have to stand firm against the physical presence but beyond that Roque and Benni will have far too much for their defence to be able to handle.

In a way, the replay at Coventry might help us because Hull really do look a Championship side in their skill levels.

Hull replaying on Thursday against Sheff U is good news as well especially if it goes to pens!

Having watched the Hull-Spurs game on tele, I'm glad Samba missed last week and is available for this one.Hull's tactics, dare I say it, are straight out of Sam's Bolton Manual! Sort of game made for Roberts rather than Benni I'd think.

Having watched the Hull-Spurs game on tele, I'm glad Samba missed last week and is available for this one.Hull's tactics, dare I say it, are straight out of Sam's Bolton Manual! Sort of game made for Roberts rather than Benni I'd think.

But Roberts will miss the chances, Benni won't.

Going to Hull. Need advice on parking and the 'away' pubs. Read back through the thread I see there is a bit but any locals who can shed some more light?

What is the prospect of parking in the centre and walking ('drinking') to the ground?

I'll be be posting helpful info up either tomorrow or day after - which will include everything you need to know.

Naturally this game is more tense because we're expecting points - and this season has been one rife with failed expectations. I wouldn't mind seeing the 4-5-1 given another go, what with us being away and Hull needing to grab the bull by the horns, I think we need safety in numbers in the middle.

Archived