BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City V Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing like being positive. Its about time our fans stopped crying like babies and got behind the team they apparently support. Nothing like standing up and being counted! Why expect our players to do it, if us fans cant do it! Get behind your team, get to Hull on Sunday and try your best to SUPPORT the lads and hopefully help be the 12th man that might help get us the positive result we need.

The same dross that finished 7th last season! Im sorry but its not the players, its the effect of appointing Paul Ince.

It isn't the same dross as finished 7th, it's missing Bentley and Friedel and effectively RSC who clearly couldn't give a monkeys. The value of those players is only truely showing now they are missing. Now you may want to fool yourself with all this "stand up and be counted" guff but the fact is the players have failed to do this all season. Blame Ince all you wish but the truth is the players are at least equally to blame. I'm not acting like a cry baby I'm reacting to the crap I see on the pitch every week. If youi think it's good enough then you haven't seen enough football.

Iv seen enough of it myself mate - but I dont moan about it. Its my team, il support them through thick and thin. I dont go into league games against poor teams (Hull) thinking we will lose this before a ball has even been kicked - That is just defeatist!!

Jeez in the league we gave our best performance for a long time against the best team in the world (ALL of which, did not start last night), lets take the positives from that and hope they can continue that league performance onto Sunday's game.

Yes they played crap last night, but its nothing more than I expected. A reserve side with the likes of Brown, Treacy, Ollson, Villanueva & Simpson in, with very little experience of playing with each other, against the in-form Championship side who's cup final it was! Hardly a suprising result to be honest!!

Iv seen enough of it myself mate - but I dont moan about it. Its my team, il support them through thick and thin. I dont go into league games against poor teams (Hull) thinking we will lose this before a ball has even been kicked - That is just defeatist!!

Jeez in the league we gave our best performance for a long time against the best team in the world (ALL of which, did not start last night), lets take the positives from that and hope they can continue that league performance onto Sunday's game.

Yes they played crap last night, but its nothing more than I expected. A reserve side with the likes of Brown, Treacy, Ollson, Villanueva & Simpson in, with very little experience of playing with each other, against the in-form Championship side who's cup final it was! Hardly a suprising result to be honest!!

OK we played very well at OT because it was Utd - it always happens. If Hull are poor you need to realise we are no better, in fact we are worse if you look at the league table. Hull are having a terrible time and Rovers always, always provide teams with the opportunity to break a winning run. This has home win written all over it.

But why go into this game with that attitude? Why not take abit of positivity into the game??

Out of their last 10 games they have Lost 7 and Drawn 3.

They also have the worst Home record of any team in the league.

Under Sam have lost 2 league games (both against top 4 opposition).

OK we played very well at OT because it was Utd - it always happens. If Hull are poor you need to realise we are no better, in fact we are worse if you look at the league table. Hull are having a terrible time and Rovers always, always provide teams with the opportunity to break a winning run. This has home win written all over it.

Your glass always seems half empty. Why do you bother going Paul?

Big ups to "they think its all rover" for the info

I live in hull and i didnt know half of those things. Cheers

Good luck to all those who are the making the trip at the weekend - pleasure to drive down the m62. Lot less hassle than m6 / m1 etc for other away trips.

They think it's all rover - massive props to you for that post. You sure you don't work in the Hull tourism department or something?

Nope, haha. I'm just sick of the tripe and lies spouted about Hull by the media. Hull loses out on a LOT of money due to lies spouted by journo's who write about the place without ever having visited.

I was going to post up pictures for those still in 2 minds, but the board only allows me to post 1 picture per post <_<

YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU!!!! ever heard that before! Well, get behind the lads at Hull and lets try and spark a revival and get ourselves out of this mess. For all that Sam says about last night, I am sure they were sent out to just miss out as the goal was a glaring mistake by BROWN who came for the ball, should have got it and then retreated leaving a tame challengeless header.

We need to be positive.

YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU!!!! ever heard that before! Well, get behind the lads at Hull and lets try and spark a revival and get ourselves out of this mess. For all that Sam says about last night, I am sure they were sent out to just miss out as the goal was a glaring mistake by BROWN who came for the ball, should have got it and then retreated leaving a tame challengeless header.

We need to be positive.

So if its correct what your saying and our team were sent out there to miss out. Why should we support them Sunday when 900+ fans made a long awkward rush hour trip down to Coventry spending hard earned cash, foolishly expecting to see at least some effort ?

I must admit that i feel proud of those fans, who spend their hard earned cash to support the team. If only the players were willing to see this, and at least try to give the fans something to cheer about. Imagine nobody turns up at home and away games, how would the players feel?

But three of the worst performances last night came from McCarthy, Roberts and Santa Cruz when he came on. They are not reserves. They are the players who are supposed to score the goals to keep us up! The result was a major surprise when you count the international caps amongst our players compared to the Coventry team.

I'm sorry, but after 48 years of supporting the club, I can't buy into the belief that unless the first eleven play every game we must accept the inept performance that was served up last night.

I'm sorry, but after 48 years of supporting the club, I can't buy into the belief that unless the first eleven play every game we must accept the inept performance that was served up last night.

Jeez, how many dummy's have you spat out in those 48 years?

• Backroom
Nope, haha. I'm just sick of the tripe and lies spouted about Hull by the media. Hull loses out on a LOT of money due to lies spouted by journo's who write about the place without ever having visited.

I was going to post up pictures for those still in 2 minds, but the board only allows me to post 1 picture per post <_<

Post the pics in the gallery section and put a link to them in here :blink:

Jeez, how many dummy's have you spat out in those 48 years?

With all due respect, the likes of Ronnie Clayton and Bryan Douglas didn't just go through the motions when they played for Blackburn Rovers. They played with pride. They may not have earned a tenth of what today's players do but they always gave one hundred percent on the field.

Obviously, it must be my age. I guess I must adapt to this new idea that losing football matches is a good thing. That watching your team being outplayed by a team from a lower division is not a problem. That desperately poor performances are OK.

Hopefully, I'll get the hang of this modern approach to football. I wouldn't want to rain on the parade of all those who came away from Coventry delighted with the performance and result last night and only too happy to be out of the FA Cup. But then again, the fans I was sat with and talked to on the way home were far from delighted at what they had witnessed.

While I will be only too delighted to travel back from Hull with three points in the bag I'm afraid that I don't subscribe to the belief that the FA Cup was of no importance whatsoever. I was happy with the team that Sam selected - it had a good mixture of youth and experience - but I felt that the players let him and the supporters down.

I was happy with the team that Sam selected - it had a good mixture of youth and experience - but I felt that the players let him and the supporters down.

Totally agree with that, Sam gave these lads last night a great opportunity to play not only on very good pitch, in a good stadium but against a not too difficult a team. Sadly, many failed and now they must have their Ewood Park careers in the balance if the manager and the club are to have any ambition at all.

Totally agree with that, Sam gave these lads last night a great opportunity to play not only on very good pitch, in a good stadium but against a not too difficult a team. Sadly, many failed and now they must have their Ewood Park careers in the balance if the manager and the club are to have any ambition at all.

Yes and Sam said as much in his post-match interview. This is the most disappointing thing for me. These guys had a real chance to step up and there was nothing there!

Someone said that Sam sounded depressed in that interview. I think he was angry and disappointed....just like me in fact. I like Allardyce more every time I see/hear him. I'm sure he's made himself very clear to the players too. I still think he is the man for this job at this time.

Archived