BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City V Blackburn Rovers

Yes and Sam said as much in his post-match interview. This is the most disappointing thing for me. These guys had a real chance to step up and there was nothing there!

Someone said that Sam sounded depressed in that interview. I think he was angry and disappointed....just like me in fact. I like Allardyce more every time I see/hear him. I'm sure he's made himself very clear to the players too. I still think he is the man for this job at this time.

Was thinking the same thing myself, I hope Cov's crockery was plastic as I reckon BS chucked it about (A lot!)

I reckon you'll see an aggressive clear out at the end of the season... Can't see many of the 11 that started surviving, can anyone else?

Anyway, onto Hull, we'll be up for this, Saturday's the day we get our show on the road! I reckon we'll do them.

p.s. Whoever wanted MGP on the sidelines wasn't at OT! I hope it's not just me and/or a one off, but lately, I think he's showing some form!

Icing on the cake, spit the diouf to notch and make himself more popular with the Home fans LOL

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time will tell as to whether BS got it right with his team selection against Coventry. He plays a weakened team and we are out of the Cup but he did give those fringe players an opportunity and most of them did not help their cause and may be shipped out at the end of the season.

Gareth Southgate plays his strongest team and they beat West Ham convincingly and now have a great opportunity to progress to the semis. Will this new found confidence of theirs spur them on in the league?

The chances are that either Rovers or Boro will go down and then we will know whether or not BS or Southgate played their cards right!

In the meantime get behind the lads and 3 points at Hull on Saturday!

With all due respect, the likes of Ronnie Clayton and Bryan Douglas didn't just go through the motions when they played for Blackburn Rovers. They played with pride. They may not have earned a tenth of what today's players do but they always gave one hundred percent on the field.

Yes I have been watching the Rovers for over 40 years and I agree that they wore the shirt with pride. However, they had dicey games and didn't play 100% every match as we may think that they did. They are human like us all and some days may have not felt up for it, or were carrying an injury or may be have had a falling out do with the misses.

Have a look at some of the results in the 50's and 60's

West Ham 2 Rovers 8 and then 2 days later at Ewood Park

Rovers 1 West ham 3

Yes I have been watching the Rovers for over 40 years and I agree that they wore the shirt with pride. However, they had dicey games and didn't play 100% every match as we may think that they did. They are human like us all and some days may have not felt up for it, or were carrying an injury or may be have had a falling out do with the misses.

Have a look at some of the results in the 50's and 60's

West Ham 2 Rovers 8 and then 2 days later at Ewood Park

Rovers 1 West ham 3

Can you put your rose-tinted glasses back on please?

Everybody knows the PAST was better than NOW!

With all due respect, the likes of Ronnie Clayton and Bryan Douglas didn't just go through the motions when they played for Blackburn Rovers. They played with pride. They may not have earned a tenth of what today's players do but they always gave one hundred percent on the field.

When I read the stupid comment made about your support for the club, I was planning to make a comment. After all, you go to all first team matches, home reserve games and Saturday morning matches at Brockhall. And your comments were very mild. However, I didn't and now, with apologies to PB and the moderators, I'm going to go off at a tangent. What I'm going to write is directed at older supporters from the era when Ronnie Clayton and Bryan Douglas were sheer class.

Oxford United.

Rochdale.

Hull in the FA cup quarter finals for the first time in 38 years.

Phil Brown saying there that Sam was in the crowd tonight, and also that Sam told him that he would learn nothing about us from watching our game against Coventry (Phil Brown was at the game).

Guys, come on we all know it. This is the biggest game of the season. Win and I'm convinced we can break out the bubbly, we survive and fix the problems for next year, Sam knows what needs to be done. Lose and we have a snowball's chance in Hell of surviving. Simple as that. This is the biggest game imaginable. We all know it, Sam knows it, the players know it. With all this at stake if the players don't turn up on Sunday then we are screwed because if they can't perform for this one then there's no chance for the other games. Trouble is I remember saying this last year when we played Birmingham for a European place... We're all willing them to succeed, let's get as many to the game as possible, I'll be there. Come on you Blues, do or die.

Just saw on Sky Sports News that there's injury concerns for two of our players.

No prize for guessing Messrs Dunn and Grella are worries with hamstring and groin injuries respectively.

Bloody hell, we need at least one of them to play.

We all know it, Sam knows it, the players know it. With all this at stake if the players don't turn up on Sunday then we are screwed because if they can't perform for this one then there's no chance for the other games.

We may know it ... but not so sure the players do going off what we have seen.

And personally I think Sam is wrong - Brown will have got hell of a lot out of the Coventry game if only to see the attitude of the players and Sam and the issues we have have.

Just saw on Sky Sports News that there's injury concerns for two of our players.

No prize for guessing Messrs Dunn and Grella are worries with hamstring and groin injuries respectively.

Bloody hell, we need at least one of them to play.

If thats the case - what team/ midfield should we play?

-----------------ROBBO--------------------

Ooijer ---- Samba -- Nelsen ---Warnock

---------------Mokoena-------------------

Diouf ---Andrews --Tugay ----- Pedersen

---------------RSC-------------------------

This one??

If thats the case - what team/ midfield should we play?

-----------------ROBBO--------------------

Ooijer ---- Samba -- Nelsen ---Warnock

---------------Mokoena-------------------

Diouf ---Andrews --Tugay ----- Pedersen

---------------RSC-------------------------

This one??

Well the Rovers website has Sam saying that they'll both be tested tomorrow, but he expects Grella to make it (doesn't say the same for Dunn though).

I would expect the following

Robbo

Ooijer Samba Nelsen Warnock

Diouf Andrews Grella Pedersen

McCarthy Santa Cruz

Subs: Brown Givet Tugay Dunn Treacy Villanueva Roberts

If Dunn is fit he's on instead of Andrews

If Dunn is no chance Axe on the subs bench in his place

Would prefer to see Givet start somewhere but he won't

Don't think we'll play 4-5-1 for this one, unless we go ahead, then if that's the case Grella would sit behind Andrews/Dunn/Tugay and Santa would be alone up front

Archived