BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City V Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well the Rovers website has Sam saying that they'll both be tested tomorrow, but he expects Grella to make it (doesn't say the same for Dunn though).

I would expect the following

Robbo

Ooijer Samba Nelsen Warnock

Diouf Andrews Grella Pedersen

McCarthy Santa Cruz

Subs: Brown Givet Tugay Dunn Treacy Villanueva Roberts

If Dunn is fit he's on instead of Andrews

If Dunn is no chance Axe on the subs bench in his place

Would prefer to see Givet start somewhere but he won't

Don't think we'll play 4-5-1 for this one, unless we go ahead, then if that's the case Grella would sit behind Andrews/Dunn/Tugay and Santa would be alone up front

i would be surprised if Givet doesn't start.

i would be surprised if Givet doesn't start.

Yeah I think Givet deserves to start, the only reason why I'd lean towards him not starting is this, premier league experience. It's what Sam talked about his players needing to have for this relegation run.

Nelsen is captain and Warnock is vice-captain, hard to put either of them on the bench. Samba is Samba and the big man fills a unique role. That only leaves Ooijer, and I have to think Givet AND Warnock could both do a better job back there.

And I'm not buying in to the Warnock to the midfield nonsense. Wing, maybe. Central, no.

Unless Warnock is on the left wing (which he wont be), then I cant see Givet starting.

Samba is our best defender so has to come straight back in, and he wont drop Nelsen.

We have to play in Blue & White on sunday. We havent won in our navy kit yet have we? Red & Black at Everton, Blue n white at newcastle - any more?

I would go 451. Cruz works better on his own and it gives Diouf licence to roam. If Grella makes it and Dunn does not I would go for:

----------------Cruz

--Pedersen-------------Diouf

-------Warnock--Andrews

--------------Grella

Givet--Nelsen---Samba---Ooijer

------------Robinson

It is vital we outwork them.

How come Robinson ( the worst goal keeper I have ever seen between the sticks for Rovers ) get an automatic position ?

We need to give our defenders confidence that there is someone they can rely on.

I believe the young lad Bunn saved a penalty for Leicester last week, he looks a sounder propostion than no confidence Robinson. Bring Bunn back, he cant be any worse than Robinson.

I would go 451. Cruz works better on his own and it gives Diouf licence to roam. If Grella makes it and Dunn does not I would go for:

----------------Cruz

-------Warnock--Andrews

--------------Grella

------------Robinson

Think BS will play this team.

Solid at the back! I would like us to be more positive and play:

Robinson

Ooijer samba nelson Givet

Grella Warnock

Diouf RSC pedersen

McCarthy/Roberts

Another plus point getting knocked out of the cup means that Diouf can now get a decent run in the side, it cant help playing one week and being dropped the next.

With this being a six pointer and a must win game to keep the gap close between several sides i have a horrible feeling we will blow it. Rovers never do things easy and always like to gift a goal or a result to a struggling side.

Hull are without a victory in 10 Premier League outings, wonder what the odds are on them breaking their bad run against us...

Unless Warnock is on the left wing (which he wont be), then I cant see Givet starting.

Why would Givet have been rested against Coventry if he wasn't going to start? Givet should be the first defenders name on the team sheet at the moment, and I think he will be.

Edit: I'd go with JBN's team by the way. It could be a scrappy game in the middle of the park and Warnock's tenacity could serve us well.

----------------Cruz

-------Warnock--Andrews

--------------Grella

------------Robinson

i ABSOLUTELY agree with this formation joey lad, BUT i would have villanueva there instead of andrews. we want 11 men, not 10!!

• Backroom

Simply put as everyone has said this is a must win game, I just hope come sunday afternoon I don't find myself having to think up some excuses of how in the circumstances it wasn't too bad. Seems all too often this season we go into games we should easily win and due to events in the game a draw starts seeming a good result, Bolton, Boro, WBA to name 3.

Givet has to play for me otherwise not too sure what formation to go for but feel Diouf may be pivotal.

Archived