BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

Eddie, you're diluting the discussion now. We're not discussing the availability of players in general. This is about MGP and the main reason people would give him another contract is because of the lack of left wingers. There are few effective left wingers available, otherwise the Premier league would be full of them.

I don't think anyone is claiming that Ped is wonderful. He' is missed though when he's not playing. i.e. Everton last home game.

My position isn't to sell Pedersen though, it is for the club to start offering performance related contracts (and my initial comment was that the club should actually offer him a contract extension on the same terms). I wholeheartedly feel that performance related contracts can still be attractive to even to higher-earning and established players.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My position isn't to sell Pedersen though, it is for the club to start offering performance related contracts (and my initial comment was that the club should actually offer him a contract extension on the same terms). I wholeheartedly feel that performance related contracts can still be attractive to even to higher-earning and established players.

Well OK then. :)

I just think you would effectively end up selling him, because he wouldn't sign that contract.

Even though I have been Critical of him recently I wouldn't sell him.

Most people on here seem to want to sell most of our players, team co-hesion doesn't happen over night. He's got a left peg and I'm hopeful that Sam can get him back to his best. If we sold him what would we get though I'd want a replacement and some left over if I was in charge so at least 8M. I don't see a club paying that for him and since we have other areas that need attention Gamst gets a reprive.

I don't want a complete overall just 3-4 better first team players after RSC leaves. A striker, two central midfielders and a right winger first.

I wonder what Bosmans will be around this summer?

I think Pedersen will do well for us under Sam, especially in the 433 business - he can head a ball, shoot, create a bit of hassle. Will be a regular player under Sam. I can't see him going anywhere. I wouldn't be suprised if he bagges a couple of goals in the next four games or so.

I think Pedersen will do well for us under Sam, especially in the 433 business - he can head a ball, shoot, create a bit of hassle. Will be a regular player under Sam. I can't see him going anywhere. I wouldn't be suprised if he bagges a couple of goals in the next four games or so.

I've got this faint optimism of him under Sam as well. Wasn't he part of a 4-3-3 when he made his name in Norway as a goalscoring wide player?

I'm surprised by the amount of stick he's getting here as he's certainly not the main problem this year. When we've bought a new central midfield and a proper right winger then maybe we can think about replacing him.

And the Boro would sell us Johnson? Highly unlikely I'd have thought

If boro go down, then I dont see why not.

Honestly this kid has talent and is better than Downing. He would become the next star player, and at his age he is ideal as he has a sell-on value.

If boro go down, then I dont see why not.

Honestly this kid has talent and is better than Downing. He would become the next star player, and at his age he is ideal as he has a sell-on value.

I would imagine Boro would look for 12-15m for him. So we wouldn't be able to afford him.

Sort of player Spurs would outlay for and price us out of the market.

Even at that price i doubt we could afford him. The thing is their fans really rate him too and if they go down it would presumably be Downing they sold as they are strapped for cash and he'd command a higher price. Johnson is younger and is just what they might need to push their way back up again from the championship. Hence why I don't think they'll sell.

Realistically I'd be looking at Gary O'Neil from Boro, he can play comfortably on the right or in the centre is a very good player.

We haven't got a chance with Johnson, I'm pretty sure he'd be happy to stay there for a season and see if they bounce back, plus he'd be out of our reach financially anyway.

All depends on what he wants - if its just an extension or similar on same terms then fair enough - but if he is looking for increases then he has too earn it first.

Despite 'the left' sided players being minimal - im not convinced that there isn't somebody who could do the same job if not better for less or equal terms to him now.

• Backroom

I'm quite confused about it myself, the useless diouf seems to have scored and also the ineffective Pedersen provided an assist for Roberts who as we all know can't score for toffee then that pathetic excuse for a keeper saved us at the death.

Nah it can't be.

What that guy who contributes nothing going forward and should probably be sold?!!!!!!

Yeah, the one we all moan has no end product, but has the most assists in a poor team :S

Left wingers are hard to come by, good left wingers even harder. He wants to stay, we should keep him!

What that guy who contributes nothing going forward and should probably be sold?!!!!!!

People seem to forget he was absolutely shocking in the first half, 3 corners that couldn't clear the first man. Second half i admit he was a lot better.

Fair play to the lad if he ends up proving me and others wrong, but one half hasn't changed my opinion yet.

Between him and Warnock for MOTM, I thought, tonight. He was a bit less effective second half (apparently in complete disagreement with RibbleValley! :lol: ), but popped up with a cracking assist for Roberts!

I'm quite confused about it myself, the useless diouf seems to have scored and also the ineffective Pedersen provided an assist for Roberts who as we all know can't score for toffee then that pathetic excuse for a keeper saved us at the death.

Nah it can't be.

hes been a brilliant signing, why the downer?

I was at the game today and Pedersen was excellent. Totally dominated the full back in the air, gave him the run around on the deck also. His delivery wasn't great from set pieces or crosses but it was okay. Pedersen is a big player for us at the moment. If he got injured we would be totally screwed. He utterly suits 433 - much more his thing than 442 to be honest.

Our "out ball" is the cross field pass to Peds. Fulham just couldn't deal with it. The amount of chances we created tonight which started with the ball coming off Gamst's forehead....

I was at the game today and Pedersen was excellent. Totally dominated the full back in the air, gave him the run around on the deck also. His delivery wasn't great from set pieces or crosses but it was okay. Pedersen is a big player for us at the moment. If he got injured we would be totally screwed. He utterly suits 433 - much more his thing than 442 to be honest.

Our "out ball" is the cross field pass to Peds. Fulham just couldn't deal with it. The amount of chances we created tonight which started with the ball coming off Gamst's forehead....

He IS injured isn't he? Tony gale said he had been complaining about hardly being able to breathe after injuring his ribs when he fell under that tackle. He wanted to come off, but they couldn't get him off and he stayed on to provide the assist for roberts. Hopefully it's something that will sort itself quickly.

Don't love him or hate him. He's bang average.

I am afraid I disagree. I love him. Subjectively I always feel that we play better when he is in the team. Objectively we should look at the myriad of stats that are produced. Pederson is always up there not only when compared to other Blackburn players but also when compared with other premiership players. I saw one stat recently which was something like the number of touches of the ball in the opponants half and % completion rate ( how do they come up with these figures). Pedersons figures were right up there along with Roque's who we unequivocally idolise

I always considered MGP to be a bit of a wuss, but to be fair to him he took a nasty knock and remained on the floor whilst Rovers played a sublime move, almost scoring through Warnock. MGP then picked himself up and probably didn't really want the ball, however it kept coming back to him and he sent over a couple of decent crosses including the assist, despite still clearly being in some pain.

I wish he'd improve his corner taking, but he's definitely worth hanging on to - can't believe some people think there's better talent out there which is accessible to Rovers.

I am afraid I disagree. I love him. Subjectively I always feel that we play better when he is in the team. Objectively we should look at the myriad of stats that are produced. Pederson is always up there not only when compared to other Blackburn players but also when compared with other premiership players. I saw one stat recently which was something like the number of touches of the ball in the opponants half and % completion rate ( how do they come up with these figures). Pedersons figures were right up there along with Roque's who we unequivocally idolise

Pedersen is good defensively but he has offered little going forward for a couple of years. His stats are consistently disappointing.........his pass completion rate is always less than 70% and often less than 60%. You can check that after every match here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...rand-plans.html

He has performed better under Sam but he is still a frustrating player to watch..........especially when he lines up a dead-ball situation.

Archived