BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

Which more often than not (re free kicks) is bang on target but saved by the goalkeeper. Give the lad a break please. Still, at least Emerton's absence is giving him a rest from all the whinging :glare:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which more often than not (re free kicks) is bang on target but saved by the goalkeeper. Give the lad a break please. Still, at least Emerton's absence is giving him a rest from all the whinging :glare:

But you gotta admit - his corners are cack!

I've been quick to crticise him over the years but he seems to be on his game at the moment. We really missed him v Everton and he works perfectly in the 5 in midield formation.

No - fair do's. He does fulfil a role for us. When we are playing a good team, his energy and ability to back up his full back are essential qualities. Sam seems to be getting more out of him too.............but he is still frustrating because he used to offer much more going forward.

• Backroom

Don't know. Some referees don't give yellows for diving. I'd defend MGP if I felt it was defendable but to me it was a blatent dive, and not the first time he's done it. I'm not going to try and excuse his actions.

Because refs are inconsistant, the game is played at a high pace which linesman (assistant refs) and refs cant keep up , because we have the added advantage of being able to see replays on tv we expect the refs to act on what we see, impossible and tv pundits would do well to remember this.

Terrible dive today, and I feel that it only serves to discredit his "penalty" appeal at Old Trafford. Personally, I cannot understand the mentality of diving when in a goal-scoring or goal-setting-up position. The heat of the moment just doesn't allow for it unless it's pre-meditated, in which case it's unacceptable. McCarthy's done it before, but Pedersen's dive today was atrocious. It needs stamping out with more yellow cards in my opinion.

After watching the replays I thought he got clipped, knocking his left foot on to the back of his standing leg.

Here it is

mgp.gif

I often shout for these to be cards but there are very few yellows given, was amazed at Ronaldo got one at Old Trafford a couple of weeks ago.

That is the first time I have seen it - what a shocking dive!! He's gone 3 paces before he decided to go down, and from that angle I cant see at all that Sanga has touched him. :blush: :blush:

Well MGP has blown any chance of getting himself a penalty ever again with that dive! He could be booted up in the air and not get one now if all the referees watched MOTD.

There is no excuse for it, he would be the first to complain had it been down the other end. The pundits on MOTD have just ripped him to pieces for it - only one word to describe it - pathetic!!!

Archived