BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Vs. Everton (preview)

I would be interested to know your reasons Paul? As with other posters I think he has done a stirling job at Everton.

Over-rated? I would not be surprised if he is on the short list for the Man U job when Fergie leaves.

Since Moyes has been at Goodison, and I'm only judging the games I've seen against Rovers, he has created a hard working no frills team. They lack any sense of adventure, entertainment or flair and have limited ambitions in the sense once they've gone 1-0 up or are still at 0-0 they sit back and are not prepared to make a reasonable game of it. Now I appreciate winning is the first requirement but Moyes is so lacking in any sense of entertainment value I feel he is receives far too much praise for the little that has been achieved - when did he win something?. I don't have time to check the stats but I'd put a £1 to 1p, on gut feeling alone, Rovers have achieved more in the period Moyes has been at Everton than Everton have.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since Moyes has been at Goodison, and I'm only judging the games I've seen against Rovers, he has created a hard working no frills team. They lack any sense of adventure, entertainment or flair and have limited ambitions in the sense once they've gone 1-0 up or are still at 0-0 they sit back and are not prepared to make a reasonable game of it. Now I appreciate winning is the first requirement but Moyes is so lacking in any sense of entertainment value I feel he is receives far too much praise for the little that has been achieved - when did he win something?. I don't have time to check the stats but I'd put a £1 to 1p, on gut feeling alone, Rovers have achieved more in the period Moyes has been at Everton than Everton have.

I've never liked Moyes since he dropped Preston in the brown stuff to take the Everton job. He's just a sour faced dour Scot entirely devoid of flair.

• Backroom

I have no idea how this one will turn out, I'm kind of confident but then not sure. In my heart I think we'll lose 2-1 with Cahill and Saha bagging either side of santa but I'm going to contradict myself and go:

2-1 to Rovers, Roque and a last minute Carlos freekick.

Shades of 2004 when we were near the bottom of the league, November time when we played Everton at home on a Monday night. Souness had called for the fans to unite and really get behind the team, and get together, and the PA played some song like Lets Stick Together or similar. We won 2-1, with goals I think from Marcus Babel. Great game good atmosphere and 3 points set us in the right direction.

Ha ha what is this all about in that article

"The Paraguayan must dread it every time his missus turns the telly on now though, given that he never got the move to Manchester City that he desperately wanted. Whenever she's sat on their white leather couch, watching their big (Please don't use that word again) off plasma and a Leer jet or some private island in the Maldives is shown, she must look up from her copy of 'Olá' and give him a withering look that says, "We could have had one of them by now, if you were the sort of real man who stands up to his boss."

What Roque spares her though is what happened in January when Sam called him in to his office, at 3am, to discuss the situation.

"Why the lights not work?"

"I've taken the bulbs out Rocky son, to make it more intimate. Because I want to speak to you about this thing, man-o ett man-o, as the French say."

Then, with unexpected speed, he reaches out and grabs Santa Cruz's face in his huge, meaty hands and gives him a kiss, full on the lips. Holding the striker there, helpless, with his cheeks all smooshed together and his eyes wide and white like a foal in a stable fire, Allardyce says: "I think it's best for everyone if you stay until the end of the season, Rocky. And do you know why? Well I'll tell you why. It will be best for everyone if you stay and help us stay up because of one word. Do you know what that word is Rocky? I'll tell you what that word is. That word is love.

I love you, son. The fans love you. Even the missus and our Craig love you, and I don't want to see them upset. Do you want upset them, Rocky? Do you want to upset my wife and my little lad. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT ROCKY?"

Despite his mouth being contorted by those big sausage fingers, Santa Cruz whispers tentatively, "Sham, why ish there bin linersh shpread out acrosh the carpet?"

Sam just relaxes, grins beatifically, and starts to smooth Santa Cruz's hair like Lenny from Of Mice and Men with his dead rabbit.

And so in the end they decided to leave the contract until the summer; look at it again then. "

Since Warnock is a Liverpool lad I wonder if he dislikes Everton and might gear up his effort.

I think I'm right in thinking his dad and brother are Everton fans and he is a Liverpool fan. If that isn't motivation enough for you I don't know what is!

Since Warnock is a Liverpool lad I wonder if he dislikes Everton and might gear up his effort.

He's not a Liverpool lad - he's from Ormskirk. Although it's not far away don't ever make the mistake of calling an Ormskirk lad a scouser - I know, I went to school there.

For anyone coming from the south to the game tonight, the northbound M61 is currently closed between Bolton and Chorley. There's traffic chaos all around and presumably the M66 and M6 will also be busier, especially the M6 as the route for Everton fans as well. The M61 is supposed to be opening soon but it will take some time to clear the backlog.

We've just experienced the weirdest hour of weather ever here at Ewood. At 3pm earlier today its was snowing, looking like it was going turn into a blizzard, by 4pm it was blue skies with all the snow that had fallen simply disappeared.

Currently now at 5pm its blue skies over Ewood Park with some very dark grey skies to the north and south west of the town that looked filled with snow.

I'm going with my nephew so we'd better win!

If your anywhere near the Hamilton pub (Waterfall area) before the game philipl, pop in, its the friendliest, cleanest pub in the area which doesnt say a lot for the rest.

Archived