BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Vs. Everton (preview)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depressing seeing the Stoke result, which means we will be in the botttom 3 tonight if the result stays the same.

Why can Jason Roberts not score from one on one situations? He has cost us so many points this season and here will be another couple.

I would rather watch paint dry than this pile of rubbish, the lack of quality is astonishing.

• Backroom

Roberts epitomises the ineptity of our overall team... they all work hard but have no quality.

However, we could still sneak this. Everton have been pretty tame themselves.

• Backroom

Someone take Roberts off and put him out of his misery.

Whats the idea behind these long throws we're attempting? They're awful, why not throw it to someone and cross it?

Treacy on for Diouf?!

... !

For me its a poor performance. Not our worst, but a poor one nevertheless. I dont think we can say we are one point closer to safety cause the safety requirement might have just gotten higher with wins for Stoke and Spurs tonight, especially the former.

Andrews faded yet again and his lax passing and relaxed style really gets on my nerves. He has no quality at all although he largely tries hard. He puts alot of players in trouble with his powerless short passes too.

Now onto the main culprit. Jason Roberts you have screwed us again and thats 4 points solely down to your poor poor finishing. Where was the power, where was your head? :(

Stoke's home form may just save them. Are there 2 worse teams than us in the league in picking up points, presuming West Brom go down?

I was disappointing with Sam's ambition in this match as he was obviously going for the one point rather than 3 especially as the game went on.

For me its a poor performance. Not our worst, but a poor one nevertheless. I dont think we can say we are one point closer to safety cause the safety requirement might have just gotten higher with wins for Stoke and Spurs tonight, especially the former.

Andrews faded yet again and his lax passing and relaxed style really gets on my nerves. He has no quality at all although he largely tries hard. He puts alot of players in trouble with his powerless short passes too.

Now onto the main culprit. Jason Roberts you have screwed us again and thats 4 points solely down to your poor poor finishing. Where was the power, where was your head? :(

Stoke's home form may just save them. Are there 2 worse teams than us in the league in picking up points, presuming West Brom go down?

I was disappointing with Sam's ambition in this match as he was obviously going for the one point rather than 3 especially as the game went on.

I think the key game is our game in hand vs Fulham mid week, 3 points there and we are on our way, even one point and we are out of the bottom 3 again, onwards and upwards, Boro look down as do West Brom.

In Sam's defence, we weren't really supposed to get any points at all from this game. This just makes it important to pick up points (wins) from Fulham and West Ham, meaning that very few things have changed from before tonight's game.

• Backroom

I think most of us would have taken a 0-0 if offered. However, that performance was just... dire. I don't think I've ever watched a Blackburn team with such a lack of creativity. Everton barely threatened us at all, we had a fair amount of possession but did nothing with it. Stoke and Hull winning is a blow, Boro losing 4-0 is a positive, and Newcastle losing was pretty much a given.

Got to admit, that performance drained a lot of my optimism. Roberts alone has cost us, what, 6 points this season through one on one misses? I appreciate he works hard, but he's not a premiership player.

I'm surprised we didn't use Dunn or McCarthy. I'm appalled we brought Treacy on for Diouf.

4 points ?

I still remember his awful finish away at Sunderland.

He will cost us the Premier League place.

Yes 2 against Sunderland and 2 today.

Id say we are half a step worse off than before tonight with these results.

Also, it only takes a couple of wins for Boro, or Pompey to pull away, and us drawing is really putting the pressure on us during the wind-down.

I think we need 15 more points and thats approximately a 50% winning percentage, something we are nowhere close to achieving this season...

Fulham away is now critically a game which we must win. We have a week to prepare, lets hope we do it well.

the plan almost worked, keep it tight make one good chance and score, the only problem it fell to jason roberts who never looked like he would score.

The middle of midfield for both sides were poor in not very poor, and if we do not go down, majior work is needed on this part of the team.

Its going to be tight very tight, and I hope we just about make it, just a thougt if SC was sold in the summer we might of ben able to buy a good midfield player and hence make the next few weeks a bit easier.

I would have taken a draw before the game so I'm not too down.

Everton are hard to play against and we gave it our best effort. The quality just isn't there.

A few players I missed out there tonight were Emerton :wub: Dunn, Pedersen and Reid (2 long term injuries ago). Slightly more creative midfield that.

I can see why Sam didn't play Benni though.

Archived