BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wedding Venue

Just need some info from all you chaps and chapettes.

One of my managers (Tanya) is searching for a venue to tie the knot. Rather than move lots of guests from the church to a reception somewhere else, she would like to do it all at the same site.

Any suggestions welcome - Blackburn, Burnley, Preston etc - any east lancs site will do. :)

We've been to loads of weddings the last 18 months or so...

Shaw Hill Golf Club in Clayton le Woods (not sure if they are licensed for the ceremony though)

Stanley House at Mellor

Leyland Hotel

Blackburn Rovers Football Club (again the ceremony was elsewhere)

Mitton Hall

Bartle Hall just north of Preston

Farington Lodge

[thats not comprehensive I just have a crap memory]

all very good

My sister is getting married at the Dunkenhalgh in Clayton-le-Moors this year and I've been to quite a few weddings there previously, it's always been good. Not sure if they can do it all at the same site but its worth asking.

I've personally had nothing but bad experiences at the dunk!

Although I'm now divorced, had a very nice wedding at Mitton Hall, very nice surroundings, and a very reasonable rate in April, think it was 2k for the day and night do.

That is indeed a venue well worth investigating Nick. Alternatively it's a bit far out but depending on requirements the Inn at Whitewell is in a spectacularly romantic setting .......... and if I think that then it bloody well must be!

aya adopted. mytton fold is where i work and having seen first hand, we are licsensed to carry out ceremonies on the premises. we have the raikeside room for the ceremony (if she wishes) then right next to that is the largest of our conferencing/banqueting halls which can cater for anything up to 300 guests for the night do, if she wants that many guests at her reception.

check out the following 2 links (hope they work) and hopefully it will give her more of an idea of what we do and the staff will do their best to accommodate her every wish.

http://www.myttonfold.co.uk/weddings/

http://www.myttonfold.co.uk/conference/

have fun.

p.s if she looks at this and decides to go with mytton fold, then don't forget to tell em it was sean who put her on to it :rolleyes:

aya adopted. mytton fold is where i work and having seen first hand, we are licsensed to carry out ceremonies on the premises. we have the raikeside room for the ceremony (if she wishes) then right next to that is the largest of our conferencing/banqueting halls which can cater for anything up to 300 guests for the night do, if she wants that many guests at her reception.

check out the following 2 links (hope they work) and hopefully it will give her more of an idea of what we do and the staff will do their best to accommodate her every wish.

have fun.

p.s if she looks at this and decides to go with mytton fold, then don't forget to tell em it was sean who put her on to it :rolleyes:

Extortionate bar prices & limited choice. £3.05 for a pint of Fosters. Only Fosters, smooth & Guinness on draught.

Bloody hell Gord - can't imagine you to be spectacularly romantic :lol:

I've always been very much misunderstood Nick. Some people have even said that I don't have a romantic bone in my body! But thats rubbish.... I know for a fact that I have at least one! :tu:

• Backroom

have fun.

I'm gonna be biased and say this as well, at least I hope its good as I'm getting wed there in less than 2 weeks. Although the ceremony is at Pleasy Priory then the reception in the big room there.

Heard only good reviews od it as well and even though I'm from Rishton I never liked the Dunk.

I'm gonna be biased and say this as well, at least I hope its good as I'm getting wed there in less than 2 weeks. Although the ceremony is at Pleasy Priory then the reception in the big room there.

Heard only good reviews od it as well and even though I'm from Rishton I never liked the Dunk.

never heard a good word said in favour of the dunk

Can put in a very good word for Northcote at the Rovers who looked after us really well at Ewood Park back in May last year. We didn't have the ceremony there but you can do, and there is obviously a wide choice of suites / rooms for different parts of the day. They were good all the way through the preparation but especially on the day itself. We had lots of really good feedback from guests about the standard of the food, with many saying it was the best they had ever been served at a wedding. In comparison to the other venues we looked at (most of which have already been mentioned on this thread) it was also one of the best value for money.

Link here

One of my managers (Tanya) is searching for a venue to tie the knot. Rather than move lots of guests from the church to a reception somewhere else, she would like to do it all at the same site.

Possibly rather to spoil the fun.....

I'm a big miserable get as far as having weddings in opulant surroundings. It's about the same as dragging 15 of your mates off to Prague while you beloved drags 15 of her mates off to Dublin.

It's just senseless spending and hedonism which results in you and your bride/groom starting off your married life mired in debt.

Just get married in your local registry office, you'll be married all the same. You don't have to hire the fricking Albert Hall or Ewood Park.

Take your friends & relatives to somewhere decent for a bit of food afterwards. It doesn't have to be somewhere that adresses the guests as "sir" & "madam." It just needs to be somewhere where the staff will have you all relaxed rather than everyone feeling like they have to act like they have a frozen cucumber stuffed up their bottoms.

It's meant to be a good day. My advice is to just go for what's comfortable and have a good time. As long as the groom is able to give the bride a damn good seeing-to (and vice versa) and everyone else gets drunk it's a winner.

Simple really

Cheers

Colin

(I know nothing about arranging weddings so feel free to ignore this.)

Yes Colin - you are a miserable bugger B)

Yes, sorry about that. Black dog day.

Mitton Hall should be really good. The scenery around there should be useful for memorable photographs.

Archived