BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stoke - Away Travel By Train

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen on Twitter that there is a 'special giveaway' for anybody on the official away travel ... anybody know what it is?

A free bottle of Rovers branded whisky each for the journey?

Maybe a free tartan rug?

A free raffle ticket to win a crap player during the summer? Ideal for odd jobs and stuff (Over 10 prizes on offer).

A Benni McCarthy Fitness Video?

A Benni McCarthy Leavers Pie? (Starts off red hot, then goes cold all of a sudden and you end up just throwing it away)

A copy of the new Roque book "My Life With BUPA"?

A Morten Wig?

A free replacement window for the return journey?

More realistically - perhaps a free dwarf scarf? (By that I mean it'll fit and suit a dwarf - not a scarf with dwarfs on it (although that would be good) - or should that be dwarves? Whatever, call it a 'free childs scarf')

Even more realistically - a seat on a coach?

Guest Vinjay606
The club have a twitter feed ?

Anyway, for those of us on the train and therefore likely to get some time before kick off. Has anyone picked a pub ?

The club should be looking at all lines of advertising available. Makes sense to have a twitter feed if that's the case. You should put that group you started BRISA on Twitter at...oh I forgot defunct now isn't it?

The club have a twitter feed ?

Anyway, for those of us on the train and therefore likely to get some time before kick off. Has anyone picked a pub ?

I think I remeber seeing the Harvester mentioned somewhere as a possible venue. It is next to the ground so should be easy enough to spot.

hope you all have a great but safe day out, I will be listerning/watching either online or radio, its one game that a win would be ............wonderful............ a draw...............good and to lose would be.......................a bummer. :blink:

What pub everyone going to then? Does that one let away fans in rover9?

This is what I had seen on the official boards :-

Have phoned a few pubs up and found there are 2 pubs next to the ground that will let away fans in. The Harvester & Holiday Inn,they have bouncers on the doors and occasionally tend to get a bit of trouble.

Then there is The Power League ( sort of Soccer dome ) they have a large bar,let away fans in and don't tend to get any trouble.

There are a few more in walking distance from the ground,but they don't advise away fans go in.

So going off that there looks like there should be some options :brfcsmilie:

I think I remeber seeing the Harvester mentioned somewhere as a possible venue. It is next to the ground so should be easy enough to spot.

Harvester should be fine - just stay away from Stoke town centre :blink:

Edit - and Powerleague will be fine

The club should be looking at all lines of advertising available. Makes sense to have a twitter feed if that's the case. You should put that group you started BRISA on Twitter at...oh I forgot defunct now isn't it?

Yes, for the reason that nobody could be bothered to help run it. :angry: Most of those involved in setting it up already had very busy lives and requests for help fell on deaf ears. However, there's no reason why it shouldn't be resurrected one day - you volunteering?

Remember the City centre is not Stoke ( Stoke is pretty much a ghost town barring the council offices) Hanley is the Town Centre. I repeat ,do not go into Stoke town centre with your Blue & Whites on show. There are usually several hunded nasties hanging aroung looking for trouble on matchdays.

I can vouch for this. I played at the Stoke Power League with my Rovers shirt on one year. Never again - could barely walk after :wacko:

Although Stoke Town Centre is bad - Hanley can have its fair share of post game trouble

Archived