BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sell Out At The Emirates

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow. I agree that Andrews needed to be dropped, but this just shows the deep level of neglect the board has shown towards us if our only alternatives are Zurab and Mokoena. Nightmare really.

Give it a rest. Look at the bench this looks tatical to me. In the game at Ewood andrews got a footballing lesson. Rovers will swamp the area between the midfielders and forwards and thwart Arsenal forwards dropping off the front line and midfielders breaking forward. Play like that for an hour, don't even think about attacking and Arsenal will get frustrated and will start taking big risks to score.

I think a few players are being rested for the Arsenal game BUT, with Walcott playing it makes sense to place a quick right sided defender against him and I think we are playing with 3 in the middle, with two defensive midfield players in there is not that bad an idea, with Warnock driving us forward,

2-1 Arsenal

Give it a rest. Look at the bench this looks tatical to me. In the game at Ewood andrews got a footballing lesson. Rovers will swamp the area between the midfielders and forwards and thwart Arsenal forwards dropping off the front line and midfielders breaking forward. Play like that for an hour, don't even think about attacking and Arsenal will get frustrated and will start taking big risks to score.

I'm not saying we have other choices, but if you think this bares some sort of semblance of a half-decent midfield...wow...

Weakest Rovers side in years. If we concede early or even first, cant see this team picking things up.

Literally three attacking players and only ONE link between midfield and attack and thats Warnock.

Weak bench too.

Anything will be a bonus by the looks of it.

ARSENAL: Almunia, Sagna, Toure ©, Nasri, Walcott, Denilson, Song, Djourou, Clichy, Arshavin, Bendtner.

Subs: Fabianski (GK), Diaby, Gallas, van Persie, Vela, Eboue, Gibbs.

ROVERS: Robinson, Simpson, Ooijer, Samba, Givet, Khizanishvili, Mokoena, Warnock ©, Diouf, Roberts, Pedersen.

Subs: Bunn (GK), Tugay, Dunn, McCarthy, Andrews, Treacy, Olsson

From the official site..

Simpson-Ooijer-Samba-Givet

Khizanishvili

Mokoena-Warnock

? :blink: Has to be one of the worst centre midfield trios in Premier League history.. atleast on paper.

Oh I dunno, Denilson and Song aren't too bad :P

Only kidding.

Match is on the main football channel here for a change, so off now to suffer and cringe for the next 90 minutes, although I'll have the World Service commentary switched on for the Hull v Newcastle game that might be just as significant.

Come on Roooooovers!

I'm not saying we have other choices, but if you think this bares some sort of semblance of a half-decent midfield...wow...

I'm not saying it is a good midfield. Just one to do a job, he has three central midfielders on the bench, either none of those are fit-in which case they should not be on the bench or Rovers team is tactical.

Fingers crossed it works oterwise we'll get tonked.

Or he could be putting Samba up front!

Archived