BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Don't Fraser Eagle Provide Our Away Travel Coaches.?..

Maybe the club can buy say 10 of the coaches from them/ or take them as compo for the broken contract?

Therefore providing cheaper travel for fans for away games. Great marketing idea too - maybe blue n white half coaches.

Maybe the club can buy say 10 of the coaches from them/ or take them as compo for the broken contract?

Therefore providing cheaper travel for fans for away games. Great marketing idea too - maybe blue n white half coaches.

Very clever! If Fraser Eagle can't make money running coaches, how the hell are Rovers going to?

Well the club pay Fraser Eagle or whoever for the hire of the coaches. Why not just get our own and then its free for the club to hire and they can then give fans a cheaper deal.

Ste - I understand Fraser Eagle have gone to administration - yes its a shame and yes I feel for those who have lost out, but that is nothing to do with BRFC, only except for the sponsership they owe.

Its a business world, you do whats best for yourself. Look after no1.

Well the club pay Fraser Eagle or whoever for the hire of the coaches. Why not just get our own and then its free for the club to hire and they can then give fans a cheaper deal.

Wont Rovers still have the same maintenance and running costs that Fraser Eagle had?

And without the facility to earn extra income by hiring them out on the 340 days of the year where Rovers dont have an away match?

Obviously we would have costs.

They could hire them out if they wished - maybe to local business' or local schools.

Use them to pick up local-ish kids on home games too from areas like Preston, Accy, Bolton? Maybe attract more from surrounding areas?

Stay off the stocks and shares lad!

Fraser Eagle will have tried to operate coaches 365 days a year, not just 25 days a year!!!!!!!!!!

Fraser Eagle had massive overheads, like factories, high paid directors, thousands of drivers/ maintenance staff and storage units.

If we took a fleet of say 10 - surely our cost wouldnt be that crazy!?!

Anyway just a thought - nothing like being creative eh!

• 1 month later...

I stumbled across this on wikileaks (whistle blowing website) and can't offer any comment on the authenticity of it. I'm linking to it as some of you might find it interesting. Obviously wikileaks and it contents have no connection to this site or its members and we do not endorse the publication of stolen documentation and as such we insist no part of it be copied onto this site (or copied, reproduced or distributed in any other way).

Or put it another way, if anyone is gonna get sued, make sure it's wikileaks, not us !

Edit: Screw the link. Go to wikileaks.org and search for Fraser Eagle

I have no business dealings with Fraser Eagle but I have followed this because of the Lancashire/Malta connection and the sponsorship of Blackburn Cathedral Choirs' recent visit to Malta.

It is fair to say I have heard as many versions as people I have spoken with. The most extreme comment tallied with what is on the link to wikileaks but there are other versions which would make that wikileak piece appear uncharitable to say the least.

That sort of web site tends to be used by people with an agenda to pursue. So it is a case of be aware somebody has felt sufficiently motivated to post that material but equally expect it not to be the whole truth and allow for the possibility of it not being true at all.

Any business failure is sad and I really feel for all the people who have lost their jobs and people and businesses who are losing money through the failure. Couldn't be happening at a worse time.

I stumbled across this on wikileaks (whistle blowing website) and can't offer any comment on the authenticity of it. I'm linking to it as some of you might find it interesting. Obviously wikileaks and it contents have no connection to this site or its members and we do not endorse the publication of stolen documentation and as such we insist no part of it be copied onto this site (or copied, reproduced or distributed in any other way).

Or put it another way, if anyone is gonna get sued, make sure it's wikileaks, not us !

Think you missed out "not"

The only people getting cheap coaches will be the finance company, A new Bova 52 seater cost over 100k, can't see fraser eagle owning to many.

It is however very sad for all concerned. On a brighter note, how will all those dingles get to the play offs.

It will cause problems all over Lancashire, not forgetting all the people who have booked touring holidays etc with them.

I stumbled across this on wikileaks (whistle blowing website) and can't offer any comment on the authenticity of it. I'm linking to it as some of you might find it interesting. Obviously wikileaks and it contents have no connection to this site or its members and we do endorse the publication of stolen documentation and as such we insist no part of it be copied onto this site (or copied, reproduced or distributed in any other way).

That's a big thing for construction companies over here to do.

Your living in a dream world if you thing FE even have any coaches left - I worked there and know all of what happened.

BRFC never paid for any coaches iirc (included in sponsorship etc - also the travel work I used to do for the scouts was included in this)

A lot of contracts were lost but that wasnt the real reason behind most of it, all the truth was deleted from the Lancashire Telegraph article before a lot of people really knew what happened

Wrong again - Moving People was setup by people who used to work at FE and then went on their own as a supplier to FE

The coaches with the colouring but no numbers and logos are the ones that were taken back on lease

Archived