BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Getting Married

• Backroom

Right, so I'm getting married on Saturday, can't wait but I'm bricking it at the same time.

Has anyone with experience any tips for the day?

• Backroom

Bugger looks like heavy rain, ah well can't control the weather.

I'm going to have to make sure I avoid wine it sends me loopy and that wouldn't be good for anyone.

Relax and enjoy it. It is a very long day but it flies and if you are not careful will be over before you realise, so take your time to enjoy it while it is happening.

Don't feel obligated to keep everyone else happy and be at the beck and call of your guests, it's your big day not theirs.

Don't get drunk the night before - beer farts at the altar will not endear you to your future wife, and a wobbly stomach is the last thing you need to add to the nerves you will have anyway.

Got married back in September, the day of the Arsenal game and my best man supports.....you guessed it!

Only advice I would give is both of you should relax - theres loads of people there who can deal with the insignificant stuff that will crop up during the day (best man, family, ushers etc) let them deal with it and just enjoy yourselves.

I got married last september and when she walked down the Aisle I said "Rovers are 2 up against Newcastle.................You look nice by the way"

Just chill and all will be fine. Whats to worry about - nothing. As its already been said, watch the ale. A wasted groom isnt a nice site and you can get wrecked on your honeymoon.

Have a good day.

Eat before the ceremony, or at least between that and the reception. Once the reception begins you ain't getting any food - every time you sit down to eat, someone will come over to talk to you, and right when they finish, the server will come and take away your plate!

Only advice I would give is both of you should relax - theres loads of people there who can deal with the insignificant stuff that will crop up during the day (best man, family, ushers etc) let them deal with it and just enjoy yourselves.

Agree with that. Just get the speech done on a few cards; don't screw up the ceremony & it'll be plain sailing.

The rest will be easy & you'll have bugger all to do with it. All the relatives will be falling over themselves

• Backroom
and tell her we aint got a pay rise.

:lol:

I got round the don't get too drunk the night before thing by having a few last night instead.

I forgot I was having a filling this morning.

Hangover + filling = badtimes

:lol:

I got round the don't get too drunk the night before thing by having a few last night instead.

I forgot I was having a filling this morning.

Hangover + filling = badtimes

give her a filling on saturday night hahahaha all the best

• Backroom

Cheers for all the well wishes guys. What a day, superb from start to finish.

Once I'm back from the honeymoon Wiggy we'll have to sort a beer with the old man and Peter.

Archived