BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tv Repairs And General Advice.

As we have such a diverse spectrum of expertise within this forum, I was wondering if we have any tv repair techinicans or indeed anyone with knowledge of television problems.

I have just inhabited a problem with my Samsung tv. Its a Le40r7b.

When I try to turn on the tv, either by remote or the main on/off button, all I get is a constant clicking noise. It is as if something is trying to kick in but wont. Sometimes, after maybe 5 minutes the picture will come on perfect and the television works perfectly normal. This morning, it just wouldnt come on at all.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be ?

Any information would be gratefully received before I call in a tv repairman and get the usual steep estimate.

Thanks

As we have such a diverse spectrum of expertise within this forum, I was wondering if we have any tv repair techinicans or indeed anyone with knowledge of television problems.

I have just inhabited a problem with my Samsung tv. Its a Le40r7b.

When I try to turn on the tv, either by remote or the main on/off button, all I get is a constant clicking noise. It is as if something is trying to kick in but wont. Sometimes, after maybe 5 minutes the picture will come on perfect and the television works perfectly normal. This morning, it just wouldnt come on at all.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be ?

Any information would be gratefully received before I call in a tv repairman and get the usual steep estimate.

Thanks

Had a similar thing happen with my old Sony Trinitron, was the power supply unit. Was dodgy for a while then just would not come on at all. Over here is was a $150 repair, mmm, 3 years ago. I still have the TV BTW.

No idea what the problem could be but if you need a ecent TV repair shop try Bamber Bridge TV. On the main drag through BB on the left beyond the level crossing - assuming you're coming from Leyland way.

Archived