BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burglar Killed

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I being thick or could it just be that a burglar stabbed him?

Other way around ... the householder stabbed the burglar. This is why I posted that it would be 'interesting' as the law frequently weighs in heavily in favour of the perpetrater and against the victim. Or at least it did until last year when we were notified by the govt that it is OK now to total an intruder. Even more interestingly in this case the burglar was white and the 'victims' black.

We'll just have too wait to see what happens I guess. -_-

its only okay if your life or another is under immediate threat. if the kid's leaving through the window, you drag him back inside and then stab him, you'll have to have a damn good lawyer to get out of that one.

Although only theno would give a toss about the colour of the people involved

there was a beeb article about someone not prosecuted after killing an intruder, i'll see if i can dig it up when im back in the office

Personally I believe you should be ok to protect your property. I feel more for the homeowner than the burglar. What should the homeowner do? It could have been the other way round so surely he is only protecting himself?

its only okay if your life or another is under immediate threat. if the kid's leaving through the window, you drag him back inside and then stab him, you'll have to have a damn good lawyer to get out of that one.

Although only theno would give a toss about the colour of the people involved

there was a beeb article about someone not prosecuted after killing an intruder, i'll see if i can dig it up when im back in the office

I think colour plays a big part in todays view by the media and the average person, and I am surprised that you feel that the mention of colour is irrelevant!

Other way around ... the householder stabbed the burglar. This is why I posted that it would be 'interesting' as the law frequently weighs in heavily in favour of the perpetrater and against the victim. Or at least it did until last year when we were notified by the govt that it is OK now to total an intruder. Even more interestingly in this case the burglar was white and the 'victims' black.

We'll just have too wait to see what happens I guess. -_-

I don't follow this. The report in the link mentions burglary as a line of investigation. It doesn't state the dead man was a suspected burglar. Have I missed something?

As for Flopsy's remark about colour, where does it mebtion the colour or race of the individuals?

Even more interestingly in this case the burglar was white and the 'victims' black.

I hope that's just a misuse of a cliché theno and you don't actually find the colour of the people involved more interesting than the fact someone was killed, it would be a pretty sad assessment of you otherwise.

Like a few others here I can't seem to find anything that says the person stabbed was definitely a burglar, are people jumping to conclusions too quickly?

he is right to protect his own property.

You can't kill someone to protect your own property though. You can only kill someone if you're concerned for your own safety.

I'd give any burglar a right good hiding though.

looking at teh press today, it does seem like an attempted burglary gone wrong.

Im not saying kill - but you have to protect what is yours.

Self defence id class it as! Id of give him a good beating too!

We once caught someone breaking into our house, we chased him down the back alley and gave him a good beating, before we phoned the police.

That is either extremely naive or you are being insulting. Which?

Probably neither. Like others I fail to see why you feel it pertinant to mention skin colour. Do you have a reason?

Although being burgled is an extremely unpleasant experience, I don't think that deliberately murdering the robber and expecting to be free of the consequences of the murder is much of an excuse.

Maybe acccidental stabbing & murder of a robber has a different take.

Probably neither. Like others I fail to see why you feel it pertinant to mention skin colour. Do you have a reason?

Don't need one. Thats simply how it was reported in the links I read.... Take it up with the editors if you want. You wouldn't want to shoot the messenger would you Colin? But I'm interested why you and Flopmod think I need to have a reason. It's just background info.

Don't need one. Thats simply how it was reported in the links I read.... Take it up with the editors if you want. You wouldn't want to shoot the messenger would you Colin? But I'm interested why you and Flopmod think I need to have a reason. It's just background info.

But none of the assertions you have made about this case are contained in the link you posted so is it any wonder people question the statements?

But none of the assertions you have made about this case are contained in the link you posted so is it any wonder people question the statements?

It's no big deal yet quite a few are trying to make it one. <_< I read 2 or 3 reports before posting just one of the links. Is that OK?

Anymore wanting to be pedantic? Tell you what just ignore the thread completely.

Archived