BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mokoena Will Leave This Summer.

den

Can't fault what he is saying there really and I feel a bit sorry for him, but he isn't good enough and it is the right decision to let him leave. I'd only let McCarthy go if the offer is good and we have a good replacement lined up, but with Santa Cruz likely to leave it would seem to be a huge risk to lose our two best strikers in the same window. I don't really want to be going into next season with the possibility that Jason Roberts might be our only "proven" striker.

I didn't particularly read the article as saying Benni was necessarily leaving - I think it goes without saying he'll be one of the first out of the door/removed from the wage bill if the worst came to the worst.

As for Mokoena leaving, thank god for that and there's quite a few more who can follow him out of the exit.

I didn't particularly read the article as saying Benni was necessarily leaving - I think it goes without saying he'll be one of the first out of the door/removed from the wage bill if the worst came to the worst.

As for Mokoena leaving, thank god for that and there's quite a few more who can follow him out of the exit.

I don't think that is what it was getting at; more that with the 2010 World Cup coming up both Beni and Mokoena need to be playing first team football. Mokoena is leaving because of that and it is obviously something that Benni will be considering as well.

Vogel, Ooijer (Leaving on a free), Brown (Leaving on a free), Gallagher, Rigters, Reid?, Tugay?

As for Benni - I cant blame him if he wants out - top scorer yet doesnt get played.

Vogel, Ooijer (Leaving on a free), Brown (Leaving on a free), Gallagher, Rigters, Reid?, Tugay?

As for Benni - I cant blame him if he wants out - top scorer yet doesnt get played.

Add Dunn and Olssen to that list. Since we now know for a fact that our other squad players are useless and cannot step up, where is all the money going to come from to replace this lot? Something I have been worrying about for a while.

Id add Grella before Dunn.

Olssen is young, so a loan spell away for him & treacy may help to develop them.

The only money we can realistically raise is that from Selling Roque or maybe get a small amount for Gallagher/ Reid.

Interesting reserve squad tonight - Benni, Villanueva, Treacy, Vogel & Brown all involved.

If he got himself into half decent physical shape it might help.

It is a tough one for Sam or anyone else in charge in the summer. Hypothetically if everyone was out of contract, and assuming Dunn and Reid are constantly injured, I'd only be particularly keen to keep Robinson, Emerton, Warnock, Samba, Givet, Diouff and RSC (seven players) out of a squad that I note from the match day progeramme numbered 41 at the point Sam took over!

:o

It is a tough one for Sam or anyone else in charge in the summer. Hypothetically if everyone was out of contract, and assuming Dunn and Reid are constantly injured, I'd only be particularly keen to keep Robinson, Emerton, Warnock, Samba, Givet, Diouff and RSC (seven players) out of a squad that I note from the match day progeramme numbered 41 at the point Sam took over!

:o

Nelsen in there for mine. Good leader, good solid defender who I think is underrated by some here.

I would add Mark Bunn to that list, as well as Nick Blackman. Neither are first teamers yet, but both have promise.

I would add MGP but Diouf can play on the left.

Got your list up to 10 now Rev, nearly there.

I don't really understand why people seem so sure that Bunn is the second coming. He's obviously had a few good things said about him and could develop into a quality player, but how many have actually seen him play?

Benni included in a "strong" reserve team vs Sunderland. That's not going to make him happy!

If he's got the right attitude it will. He has the opportunity to improve/prove his fitness.

I wonder about Benni nowadays. Don't think he's got the focus he should have.

Fact is - he is our top scorer and doesnt miss many chances - unlike others!

If you give him a chance he will score.

Yes its disappointing he is out of shape, but also on his own personal level - it must be disappointing to be banging the goals in and then get dropped as soon as Roque 'im too good, get me out of here' Santa Cruz returns from injury.

Its not a great loss, he will be adequately replaced by a free transfer in the summer, of that I am sure.

It really sums up his standing in the game when the only club to show a real interest in him is Sheffield United FC :rolleyes:

Cheerio Axe, you had some good times, however, your bad points weigh them out badly :unsure:

Aaron Mokoena is a dismal footballer whose only redeeming feature is his obvious self-belief - the guy seems to think he should be a starting regular in the Premier League! That is almost a pathological state of self-delusion.

I can guarentee now that after he leaves Rovers, he will NEVER return to being back-up to a Premier League football team or foreign equivalent. If he had any sense, he'd be begging Rovers to keep him. Once he leaves, he may not sink as fast as Nils Eric Johansson but he'll be sliding.

He has been so, so fortunate to play at this level. When many a young footballer festers in the reserves dying for a minute with the first team, this lump has been parading around our first team far too often.

He once did a job. So did Jon Douglas.

Or to quote Derrida.

"He was born. He left Blackburn Rovers. He was tripe. And the rest is pure anecdote."

Aaron Mokoena is a dismal footballer whose only redeeming feature is his obvious self-belief - the guy seems to think he should be a starting regular in the Premier League! That is almost a pathological state of self-delusion.

That's a bit unfair Rover6.

When he's extended his contract in the past, he only ever wanted some kind of assurance that he wouldn't be left on the sidelines too often. He wanted to play first team football, as every Pro should. He's never, to my recollection, stated that he sees himself as a nailed on starter.

Good luck to him, he's done nothing wrong.

Den, as you know, the language of football is hype, exaggeration and Footballer Buys New Pair of Boots SHOCKER. I often find myself joining in with the absurd hyperbole subconsciously.

So, yes, I don't mean to denigrate Mokoena's personality. I've heard that he's a nice chap. And it is admirable that he wants to test his talent rather than drawing a nice pay packet for doing nothing. He could easily do what Peter Enckelman did for so long at this club.

And he's not to blame that he's getting selected despite being crap.

However, apart from Djimi Traore, I struggle think of such a bad player featuring so often for a Premier League football club. To my mind, Mokoena has the same fairy Godmother as Sven Goran Eriksson. What an existence! You can be as crap at your profession as you like but somehow, through mysterious forces (wands, tiaras and fairydust I guess) you forge a multi-million career and convince many thousands of "experts" that you are an elite in the field. ANd, in Sven's case, you win trophies.

I think we are entering the realm of post-rationalism in trying to make sense of stuff like this. It can't be explained.

Fact is - he is our top scorer and doesnt miss many chances - unlike others!

If you give him a chance he will score.

Yes its disappointing he is out of shape, but also on his own personal level - it must be disappointing to be banging the goals in and then get dropped as soon as Roque 'im too good, get me out of here' Santa Cruz returns from injury.

Benny is very talented but he needs to figure out how to play as strike partner to RSC.

RSC is the striker that worries the opposition most, he is the striker that holds the ball so well and brings the rest of the team into play. Put simply he is our best centre forward. He was apparently wanted by City and Villa in Jan whereas no one wanted Benny did they? RSC is not the man to chase backheels and flicks.

That's a bit unfair Rover6.

When he's extended his contract in the past, he only ever wanted some kind of assurance that he wouldn't be left on the sidelines too often. He wanted to play first team football, as every Pro should. He's never, to my recollection, stated that he sees himself as a nailed on starter.

Good luck to him, he's done nothing wrong.

Correct Den. Even if someone is not Prem quality but gives his all he can do no more.

It's funny though that the people who scream 'get shot' and 'good riddance' the loudest and longest are usually the biggest moaners about loyalty and commitment when better players leave like Bentley and Bellamy etc.

Mokoena will leave with my thanks, when he arrived with The Admiral Nelsen, the pair of them added much needed steel to the side. Premier league player not sure, but he also gave me the impression he gave 100% when he played, often trying too hard

Archived