BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mokoena Will Leave This Summer.

den

He has been so, so fortunate to play at this level. When many a young footballer festers in the reserves dying for a minute with the first team, this lump has been parading around our first team far too often.

If you actually watched the reserves you might realise that Mokoena plays with far more desire than some of these so called stars that you believe are playing in the reserve team. When Mokoena first came to the club he helped us avoid relegation. When Robbie Savage broke his leg, Mokoena came in and had an excellent run of games because he was playing every week. Yes he is limited in what he does but he gives 100 per cent in every game he plays. A number of our younger players might get their chance in the first team if they followed his example!

Mokoena has done ok when he has been required, but i am sure even if he didn't want to move in the summer, sam would be looking to moving him on. He is a good back up player but he will never be able to hold down a 1st team place because sadly he is just not quite good enough at this level.

The club really need to have a overhaul of our squad in the summer if we stay up. We really need to look to get rid of some of the dross and injury prone players and also need to look to reduce our wage bill.

We need to look to a much more youthful squad. We need pace to be added to our team and abit of steel in the middle. I just wish we had some players coming through like Everton/ City have had for the last few seasons.

If you actually watched the reserves you might realise that Mokoena plays with far more desire than some of these so called stars that you believe are playing in the reserve team. When Mokoena first came to the club he helped us avoid relegation. When Robbie Savage broke his leg, Mokoena came in and had an excellent run of games because he was playing every week. Yes he is limited in what he does but he gives 100 per cent in every game he plays. A number of our younger players might get their chance in the first team if they followed his example!

I appreciate that many of our younger players have got crap attitudes. However, if the first team manager displayed more interest in and readiness to promote reserve players, it might well motivate them.

Obviously, the talent levels in the reserves is poor.

However, if our academy can't produce a brawny clogger in the Moko mould, it doesn't deserve to exist. A clogger with passion and workrate is the least that should be expected.

I would argue that Jon Douglas could do the job Mokoena does in the Premier League. Reserve watchers may want to shoot me down but in terms of skill levels, I don't see too much of a gap.

I appreciate that many of our younger players have got crap attitudes. However, if the first team manager displayed more interest in and readiness to promote reserve players, it might well motivate them.

Obviously, the talent levels in the reserves is poor.

Correct. So why reward poor attitudes with first team places? Players should only be promoted if they are ready for a first team place. At the moment you would be hard pressed to find one of our reserve players who is ready. Give me a player like Mokoena every time over some youngster with an overinflated ego and poor attitude. Just because they come through the Academy and Reserve system doesn't mean they have to be favoured over a player who has been brought in from abroad. Aaron may be limited in terms of what he does but he is always committed to the club and gives one hundred per cent effort. When I am spending a sizeable amount of cash every week to watch the team - home and away - I want to see players who give that effort for the club.

Archived