BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your Club, Needs You

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes funny how we used to have much bigger gates when we were up near the top. Where have all those people gone to?

Glory hunters by any chance?

Il be there again next season - regardless of whether its the championship or premiership.

Yes funny how we used to have much bigger gates when we were up near the top. Where have all those people gone to?

Il be there again next season - regardless of whether its the championship or premiership.

Hopefully, so will most of us. Depends if my daughter gets a job and starts to pay me back some of the cash she's borrowed this year!

Nottingham rugby club actually rent inflatable plastic fans to fill their ground, I think this would be an excellent idea for Ewood.

Check it out http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7946016.stm

It's a pity these were not available for hire when you played Colchester back in 1986. You could perhaps have saved the embarrassment of a 1,696 crowd.

It's a pity these were not available for hire when you played Colchester back in 1986. You could perhaps have saved the embarrassment of a 1,696 crowd.

I rem that well! :lol: Tell us, were you there that day Ranulf or had you deserted em too? Honest injun now!

Nottingham rugby club actually rent inflatable plastic fans to fill their ground, I think this would be an excellent idea for Ewood.

Check it out http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7946016.stm

To be fair you dingles couldn't do this for 2 reasons:

1) Where would you fit them - the 900,000 you get for every home game fill the stadium up anyway

and 2) I guess they'd be a bit too inteligent to pass as burnley fans.

I moan about this every year, and here is this years, which features a photo from Man Utd home last season which I used to illustrate my point then. The whole end is stood up for the entire match, with no consequences.

med_gallery_1768_2_183734.jpg

Oz - too many fans in the Darwen End and not enough stewards too enforce anything. Those clubs with big followings at Ewood have been allowed to get away with it for years AND THEY KNOW IT. Not surprising they want Rovers to stay up because it's such a cushy trip. There is also occasionally the issue of ticketless fans (Celtic and Man U) gaining entry by bribery or climbing over the turnstiles and then all the visiting fans stand to hide the overcrowding.

Several 'Burnley regulars' sat behind me and vanished when Shearer left.

I moan about this every year, and here is this years, which features a photo from Man Utd home last season which I used to illustrate my point then. The whole end is stood up for the entire match, with no consequences.

med_gallery_1768_2_183734.jpg

Visiting clubs with fans that stand persistently during a game should have their ticket allocation slashed (upper tier only available) for future matches at Ewood, until they learn how to behave.

BET IT WOULDN'T TAKE LONG FOR THE PENNY TO DROP.

There is absolutely no chance of that happening. The club currently take more cash in ticket sales from away fans than home fans on an average home game.

In truth there is nothing the club or the police can do if 5,000 away fans all decide to stand up. Trying to force them all to sit down would case a public disorder that the police would not find acceptable. It might be frustrating but there you go. It would equally apply to Rovers fans at away games if enough of them chose to stand up. There was no problem at Fulham with anyone who wanted to stand up at the back. It's more problematic where all seats are sold and there are some who don't want to (or can't) stand up. It must be pretty frustrating if you're a United fan under 5' tall at Ewood.

Yeah i too had my colours on show - maybe wear it over the top of a jumper next time gumboots?!

did that but I think I'd got used to being warm and it was still bright sunshine in the Ribble Valley when I left. Had been to York and back, the one in yorkshire not the hamlet above langho,that morning and i think I'd got overheated with dashing about and so felt the cold more.

Archived