BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview

I've always thought Villarreal are a great role model for us. They only have a 25,000 stadium yet they're always in and around the top 4 in Spain. They seem to buy low, sell high, re-investing the money wisely each time a big player moves on. We always seem to píss our money up the wall whenever we get a big fee for someone.

I think we hide behind the small gate sizes too much sometimes.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villareal are my team in spain le chuck. difference is that their owner/chairman Fernando Roig has far more cash to splash than we do.

then there is the attractiveness of Spain for a player, and the comparative lack of strength of la liga compared with the teams in the premiership

Spuds to save 40m on new ground.

Phrase I like.

"The stadium build cost has come down by about £40million because of a fall in the price of steel and cement, and people who want to do this project have greater availability than they did a year or so ago."

I suppose that's a high flyers way of saying they are desperate for work.

New ground.

WE NEED JW TO GET THE MEDIA,PAPERS ,BILL BOARDS ,FLYERS IN TOWN TO PROMOTE THIS GAME A LA "E-DAY" WHEN WE WON THE LEAGUE AND STICK SPUDS FANS TOP TIER AND STRESS THE IMPORTANCE AND MAKE THE EWOOD A CAULDRON LIKE IT WAS THAT DAY AND WE NEED FLOWERS "BOTTLE " SPEECH PLAYED ON THE BIG SCREEN WHEN THE TEAMS COME OUT AND SAM NEEDS TO HAVE THEM FIRED UP LIKE ###### !!!!!!!!!!

Brought a tear to my eye...I think I love you.

Spurs are out of their comfort zone traveling up north. As we didn't get 3 points against the Irons, this has to be a win game. If we draw or lose then it's panic stations! 3 away games after this against clubs with some seriously good home form.

As said last week, i usually have Pedersen to score. Well this match he is and it's going to be goal of the season and will win us the 3 points. The fella is so overdue a goal it's criminal. Get your cash on it :excl:

As I said last week aswell, I'll count every blade of turf at Ewood if he scores on Saturday. The more I see him play, the less likely I think he is to score. He was so frustrating on Saturday and should've been replaced by Dunn, switching Dioufy to the left.

Must win game. If results go our way on the weekend, we could be 5 points clear by the end of it all. Massive weekend for Rovers, just hope the players are up to it.

Any chance Roque will be back for this one?

Pedersen scored against South Africa :D

If he scores this Saturday I'll help you count. I don't think Norway are playing till Wednesday either.

Balls :lol:

Thank goodness for easter holidays, makes it much easier to watch the rovers climb free of relegation worries.

Have to say though I'm a tad worried about this one, mainly because of the vast difference in pace. The likes of Keane, Bent, Lennon are all much faster than our defence, and I especially worry for Ooijer at rb (lets face it Sam is not daft enough to play Simpson there unless he utterly has to). He was immense against Wham but I fear his lack of pace in particular will be really exposed.

Having said that if rovers play with the same determination as they did vs west ham, surely their efforts won't go unrewarded. Also it's a nothing game for Spurs, their away form is pretty poor, they're clear of relegation, and it's hardly one of the most anticipated games of their season, so hopefully they won't be fully at the races.

I'd go with the same team as we did last time round vs west ham, although andrews must be pushing for a start after his super sub role last time round. I'm undecided whether Andrew's superior pace or Mokoena sitting a bit deeper will offer more protection vs spurs. Think we'll really miss emerton at the back for this one.

Overall I reckon it's got draw written all over it - with rovers being satisfied with it, but worrying whether it will be enough...

Incidently having learned all about King over his england call up fuss, rovers should have a word with their physios. If they can get regular games out of that crock, maybe our physios will learn a new trick or two about getting dunn to play a whopping one game a week.

Darren Bent has limped out of England training after just 5 mins today.

all we need now is lennon and keane to get injured tomorrow night!!!

If Bentley manages to play some part on Saturday, i wonder what the reaction will be among the fans, i will be applauding him, because i thought he did a great job at Rovers.

We need a chant for Bentley for the weekend.

Here's some in progress.

1- Oh David Bentleys magic

He wears a magic hat

And when he left the rovers, he was a silly tw@t

He went over to Espana, he got p!ssed up, then went

And now the cockney wideboy is sat up on a bench.

2 - Drink, Drink wherever you maybe

Lets all laugh at David Bentley

Because he got p!ssed up, he got too big

And now he rarely makes the Tottenham 16.

As they are relevant for this game

:rover: only place to watch lardarse's rovers,the beer takes the pian away :unsure::brfcsmilie:

looks like u are going to be away from Ewood for a while then Waggy, Even if we get relegated this season Sam will still be our manager come next season. Are u older enough to go in a pub Waggy!!!

LOVE this one:

Oh David Bentleys magic

He wears a magic hat

And when he chose to leave Blackburn, he was a silly tw@t!! (copyrite: Hughesy)

'Beckham for England!' was a good suggestion, but maybe 'Lennon for England' would be more apt because him and Bentley are in the same team?

Also loved the 'Where were you on Wednesday night??' one (provided he is overlooked for England)

Archived