SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a ###### joke.

Givet took his arm away from the ball.

And then the ref ignores Rovers protests when Keane barely puts the ball on the spot.

amazed by the ###### ref.. those decisions or lack of, was terrible.

Though it's the penalty decision itself that's the only problem. Keane had every right to put the ball as far from the spot as he wants, because stupid f'n Diouf the clown has been doing this for his corners every game he has played for us. Because gaining half an inch is of course going to change everything and is worth not following the rules properly. :rolleyes:

Though it's the penalty decision itself that's the only problem. Keane had every right to put the ball as far from the spot as he wants, because stupid f'n Diouf the clown has been doing this for his corners every game he has played for us. Because gaining half an inch is of course going to change everything and is worth not following the rules properly. :rolleyes:

One problem?

No way was it a handball, Givet tried to move his arm out of the way as it was blasted at him.

Looking like the stupid decision has shook us badly, not playing well and a bit of ill discipline showing.

Poor performance. Spurs look like scoring every time they come forward. We have no quality in this team and other than long balls in we are creating nothing.

Its amazing how devoid of talent we look in the final third.

It wasnt a penalty in a 100 years. Ball to hand, no doubt and the ball wasnt even on the spot when Keane took it. Disgraceful. No decisions have gone our way yet, and we couldve had a penalty of our own when the ball came off Corluka's hand when he rose to clear it.

MGP had a calf injury and went off and Roberts has been struggling the last 10 minutes of the first half and could go off at half time.

Guest Kamy100

Just like West Ham game lots of frustration here in the Jack Walker Upper Tier. Shocking penalty decision. Spurs though are coping easily, our midfield has not been good enough. Benni is also having a shocker, might be time to see Carlos playing off Roberts.

Biggest half of the season coming up. Lose and we are in serious trouble.

Looks like I'm on my own in thinking it was a penalty then. He is bringing his hand into his side but it still impedes the ball's path toward a goalscoring opportunity, I'm not 100% on the ruling but thought that was the criteria for a penalty. However, if that ball was touching the penalty spot, it was by a single blade of grass. All the 50-50's have gone Spurs' way too.

Other than that, we've been laboured in our approach play, couple of half chances but Tottenham look very good on the break. If Roberts goes off at H/T, combined with the loss of Pedersen, it doesn't look good. Here's hoping Rovers can prove me wrong!

Kamy, Roberts had signalled to come off 10-15 minutes before half time.

If this isnt a game for Carlos Villanueva then there is no point putting him on the bench.

I cant see anyone else off the bench making an impact.

With Pedersen off, our long throws havent even been effective.

This cant be it for us. Too many injuries and we are down to the bare bones... :(

A referee that should be in a retirement home, is put in charge. This is a disgrace, and you have to think its no surprise he officiates in our game. If that was a penalty then we should have had a penalty when the ball fell on Corluka's arm. This ref is pissing me off!

Dreadful, utterly dreadful. We have no midfield to speak of, our strikers are bereft of service and every one of our players is playing a stretch. Crucially, we also seem to be losing most of the contested balls.

The fact remains though that we would be at 0-0 if we hadn't been diddled by one of the worst refereeing decisions I've seen in a long time. That the incompetent fool didn't give a toss that the ball wasn't even on the spot, makes it all the more galling.

Archived