BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] B Bloody T

Does anybody know if bloody BT customer services employ anybody at all outside of the Indian sub-continent or indeed anybody that has a passable grasp of the English language. After many incidents and examples of their ineptitude over the years I've come to the conclusion that the entire organisation is just plain crap and totally user unfriendly.... I cannot abide dealing with them. :angry:

Gave up on em a few years ago Gord. Not a dissimilar experience to yours - I spent hours trying to get a simple query answered and being passed from dept to dept. I got rid of BT (there are plenty of others wanting your phone business) and won't go near em again and pass the message on! Totally unconnected but I have a mate who had an horrendous time with BT too and feels the same way now.

We have a similar company here, they're called Telstra.

They are our largest telecom, they are supposed to be a communications company.

You ring them and are put on the merry go round, and when you get to speak to some one, they can't bring up your account.

So.... you decide to email them from their homepage.... after telling them what you had for breakfast, they ask you "what is a good time to contact you" (this is by email btw) and do they contact you by email? Well, not to the present time, they don't.

Tomorrow, I'm into one of their shops.

They've just about lost me as a customer. Five (5) landlines, two (2) internet connections, and one mobile, hundreds of dollars per month, and they don't care.

The only problem is....... the opposition is just about as crap as Telstra.

Can anyone offer some alternative?

after my dealings with aosmell, i found the subcontinental call centre bods easier to understand and more tech savvy than the numpties who's first language is supposedly english.

Theno, ring up and ask to speak to a british call centre, i believe they have to put you straight through, as for general incompetence of the 'support' you're on your own

Does anybody know if bloody BT customer services employ anybody at all outside of the Indian sub-continent or indeed anybody that has a passable grasp of the English language. After many incidents and examples of their ineptitude over the years I've come to the conclusion that the entire organisation is just plain crap and totally user unfriendly.... I cannot abide dealing with them. :angry:

We moved into a new property this time last year and needed to get the BT line activated / account set up. Spoke to the customer service centre (in India) who set a date for an engineer to visit two weeks down the line. Sent an email to confirm an afternoon appointment.

(To get to that stage took about an hour, because their computer said our street didn't exist yet).

The day before the said visit, they left a voicemail (from India) on my mobile now confirming a morning appointment. Phoned to clarify, as arrangements had been made to be in the house for the afternoon. Got passed around for over an hour, eventually getting to speak to someone in Newcastle ...

... who informed me that there was never a need for an engineer to call at all, the line had been remotely activated two weeks previously. Staggering incompetence. :angry2:

My BT rant from last year..

"And as for BT. whom I requested to do a house move for me a month ago, well they will NOT get anything out of me if possible ever again. I am not one for having a pop at someone, esp when they cannot readily defend themselves, (if a representative of BT posts on here then please I beg you to respond) but BT have to be without a sliver of doubt the worst company I have ever had to deal with, by a million miles. A simple house move has taken nearly a month, I am no nearer to having my line switched to my new address, have paid 3 months line rental up front and even signed up to pay by direct debit to show willing on my part but as yet-no telephone line. Even after explaining my partner is 7 months pregnant at home and how I need to be able to talk freely to her while I am at work they still cannot sort me out. A BT employee even rang me on my mobile on Saturday while I was at Ewood, for some info, but hung up on me because he said he couldn't here me properly-I told him to ring back at 4pm , when I would be in a quiet room (could have used the MF prayer room if I was in the BBE!) but I have heard nothing back from him or them since. Biggest pile of incompetent wasters ever."

Since then they have randomly taken £202.50 out of my bank account for no explained reason, which I had to get the bank to cancel, which they are still sending me bills for today. There are some pretty bad operators out there, and to be the worst of the lot takes some doing, but well done British Telecom-you're simply the worst of the worst!

Rang BT to connect a line, they took my address adn told me it would be a free connection. Tehy then called back and said it would be £120, I said I'd heard there was an offer on and they dropped it straight to £29 (why couldn't they have just told me about that offer????). Got my connection date for 12 March, phoned them on the 12th to be told that it would be connected on 27th April.... at this point I kindly requested that they stick their order up their arse!!!

Will now be getting connected through Talk Talk who have as of last week started doing new connections.

Archived