BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009 - Ultimate Team

I dont think so - its hard to tell how the Morale works, Robinson my keeper has a morale of 1, despite my team winning around 95% of games.... I just cant work it out, he's in his favoured position (obviously) and he has an all english team infront of him.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont think so - its hard to tell how the Morale works, Robinson my keeper has a morale of 1, despite my team winning around 95% of games.... I just cant work it out, he's in his favoured position (obviously) and he has an all english team infront of him.

It's odd - I think the morale is heavily biased towards losing. In other words if I win a game I might get +2 morale but if I end up losing (which isn't that often (about 1 in 10)) it seems to slap the teams morale down by about -10.

I know the capacity crowd card boosts morale (which I've got), all my defence is Spanish and my Midfield and Attack are all from Brazil.

I'm going to test the theory tonight of if you quit you don't lose morale because I think you do (it certainly affects fitness). No bloody wonder the morale cards are so expensive. This is just a guess but I wonder if the country your ground is in affects it? eg. Old trafford, English players.

The individual performances affect morale I think. Apparently you have to have like an 8 for match rating to increase a players morale. Therefore If you win 3-1 your keeper will still get a pretty bad rating and his morale will get hammered. Its stupid though how a striker can score a hat trick and only go up by +2 morale or something, yet when you lose he goes down by 10.

I have an all english team & squad, in an english stadium (emirates) with a +10 boost on the stadium for morale - yet Robinson has 1 morale, and some others are in the low 20's.

I usually lose about 1 in every 15-20 games!!

I think it must be the player ratings then. That gives me a goalkeeping worry because I won a game 6-5 last night in extra time.

Incidentally it was a good game against someone called "come back kingz". Didn't think much of it at first but I was 4-0 up at half time (thought he might quit and I was ready to send "come back kingz my arse" via message) when all of a sudden it was like playing a different team in the second half <<very suspicious...>>. I got absoloutely battered and I found myself 5-4 down on 70 mins.

Fortunately this is when I realised that when you play nerds who just hammer you with the same moves they are one thing - predictable. I focused my game on predicting what he did with the players/ball and all of a sudden it became a different game - every turn after predictable turn and pass after predictable pass I was there to swipe the ball - the guy literally could not even vary his game slightly. I pinched an equalizer in the 85th minute and got into extra time. Again, very predictably, he got all his players marking mine so as not to give me an inch so I just made like I was going to pass but then charged right down the middle with Puyol (my only 99'er incidentally). I must have passed about four players unchallenged as every time one came close I looked to the wings and he ran off after the pass that never came! He just kept backing off and I kept striding forward, he even started sneaking his keeper off his line ready for the through ball - fatal mistake, I'll sum it up in one sentence what happened: Philipe Albert vs Manchester United at St James park (5-0).

Just thought I'd share that one with you as a full enjoyable game is unfortunately starting to become a bit rare - I expect you've already come accross "99ers" (as I like to call them) although a doff of the cap to him as he didn't quit.

Still - shame about the big hit to morale and only 660 coins ....

Snatchy - extra time?! If its a draw, it ends a draw doesnt it!?

Not if you play the online tournaments - I'm gunning to win all online gold trophies. I also find players are less likely to quit in the later rounds as they have to start over otherwise.

Hardly ever play "league" matches now as being ranked 123,000th or 99,000th doesn't make much of a difference to me. Plus I actually feel like I'm playing for something in a tournament & the extra time and Peno's is a bonus, plus you always have a "result".

Im going to try and make an african team and replace my England team. My brazil team is too good to mess with.

So far bought Essien, Muntari, Obi Mikel, Drogba, Kalou and Kieta.

Anyone know of any good african defenders and Goalkeeper? Is Samba from an african country?

This is the team ive built and trained.

Kameni (Camerooon)

Assou-Ekotto (Cameroon)

Toure (I.Coast)

Yobo (Nigeria)

Lauren (Cameroon)

Muntari (Ghana)

Essien (Ghana)

Buaben (Ghana)

Kalou (I.Coast)

Drogba (I.Coast)

Kieta (I.Coast)

Not trained formations so chemistry is crap. In the process of training them though, almost every player in my brazil team has gone up to a 99 rating.

Now got a 99 rated Ronaldinho, Robinho, Amauri, Diego, Juninho, Kaka, 97 Dani Alves, 95 Alex, 97 Lucio, 94 Marcelo and 95 Julio Cesar. That teams abit good now so might replace them with some lower rated players and try and make a profit from my trained players.

• 1 month later...

Been playing tonight. Was playing against someone with all the best players (Rooney, Eto'o, Ronaldo, Ribery etc...). They went 1-0 (I gave it to them). I equalised and they had their Carrick sent off. I went 3-2 up and they quit calling me a cheater via PM. I asked why was I a cheater and apparently running through the middle of the pitch is a cheat???!! I now apparently have my gamertag blacklisted on the EA forums! The other person also thought that I was unsporting and that quitting was totally reasonable!

Archived