BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009 - Ultimate Team

No you're mate clicks the 'trade' button and offers you the agreed coins. Thats the way I understand it works but I haven't done it myself.

Just traded (into the collection) a 72 rated silver LB and got 304 coins. I got 489 for a 77 rated gold CB too. For bronze cards though you get nothing - maybe 20 coins if you are lucky.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent most my time wheeling and dealing tonight.

Signed

CM - Osman (77) For 400 - never played

CAM - Van De Vaart (82) for 700

CAM - Dalmat (82) for 300

RM -Santa Cazorla (77) for 400

CDM - Bodmer (95 with 37 contract) for 1600 coins

CD - Samba on a swap for Asamoah

CDM - Van Bommel (79) for 350

CAM - Mikel Arteta (85) for 1250 coins

Sold

Martin O'Neill for 1000, De la Red for 1000, Osman for 1000,

Players to sell if anyone on here wants them?

Gold – Italian - RWB (76) – BUY NOW 1500

Gold – Van Bommel - CDM (78) – BUY NOW 2000

Gold – Riquelme – CAM (81) – BUY NOW 2000

Gold – Dalmat – CAM (82) – BUY NOW 2000

Silver – Cariciolo, Italian - Striker (73) – BUY NOW 1100

Silver – A Faye - Defender (76) – BUY NOW 900

Ha Ha

Just brought my fifth gold pack and up pops Torres and Chivu - In the same pack. Think Im going to sell Torress though - he doesnt play 4-4-2 and looking at the auctions 30,000 coins seems to be the going rate!

Can you play freindlies against your mates with you Ultimate Team.

Edit - How much coins have people got? Ive just hit 37k

When you sell a player do you have to put them in the auction room and wait for people to bid or is there a way to sell them instantly? (im impatient).

Also I think im paying the price for starting my team late as Ive played about 6 games now with my 1.5 star team and have played 3 4.5 star teams. When its a front three of Robben, Santa Cruz, Forlan against my nobody defence with no pace, im gonna struggle to keep them out for 90 mins! Think Ive won 1, drawn 2 lost 3 or something.

I keep playing pretty well and creating chances but my shocking strikers cant shoot to save their lives. End up with about 10 clear cut chances a game but score 1 if im lucky, the rest go wide or hit the post. At the other end ill restrict them to 4 or 5 shots but every one will go in due to gold rated strikers and my awful keeper. Should have started earlier before everyone had time to build their teams.

Cant wait to get some half decent players.

My team name is Blackburn 2nds....if you play them you know its me!

Also I had a look round that auction room but the prices quoted were stupid. There were average players for sale at 200,000 coins! Whos gonna pay that?

No the only way to get rid of players is - collection (bronze get you about 16 coins, silver a few hundred..etc), bidding, or a buy now option which players may purchase from.

Iv got 2 decent strikers available if you want them for a price? Iv got Christian Benitez and Cariciola (top scorer for me).

The fact you have only played 6 isnt a problem - bargains are there to be had in the auction, you just have to look for them and be patient.

Spent most my time wheeling and dealing tonight.

Signed

CM - Osman (77) For 400 - never played

CAM - Van De Vaart (82) for 700

CAM - Dalmat (82) for 300

RM -Santa Cazorla (77) for 400

CDM - Bodmer (95 with 37 contract) for 1600 coins

CD - Samba on a swap for Asamoah

CDM - Van Bommel (79) for 350

CAM - Mikel Arteta (85) for 1250 coins

Sold

Martin O'Neill for 1000, De la Red for 1000, Osman for 1000,

How the hek did you get them players for so cheap? Whenever I got on the search player auction they all have like 2 days left for anyone decent and bids of about 3,000. Am I missing something here?

1-0 up on 87 mins and the game has crashed or something. Everything has gone black but the sound is still playing. I refuse to quit the game and loose my win bonuses. Funny how the game always crashes when your winning :(

Im struggling to improve above just a 1 star team. Played around 10 games now. My team is mostly bronze players with a couple of silvers thrown in. However Id play a couple of games then find that players are out of contract, which means i either have to pay new contracts or buy another bronze pack hence my money is gone again. Cant afford any decent players in the trading room as all the prices are about 6,000 coins for just a silver player and over 20,000 for a gold. God knows how hughsey found all them players for so cheap. Starting to get annoying now.

Your exagerating on the prices mate - Only the likes of Torres, Gerrard, Ronaldo etc are anywhere near that much. LOOK CAREFULLY in the bidding auctions - there are plenty of bargains to be had. TRUST ME.

As for contracts, I just buy them from the auction site too.

Im not exaggerating. Are you on ps3? The average player rated above 75 seems to go for around 5k or above on mine. Perhaps im looking in the wrong place.

I usually do a search for gold rated players with a max price of 500 coins. Brings up afew but these all have about 2 or 3 days left. When I search for soon to end auctions there all dead expensive. Even seen players on offer for 30,000 and numerous players with bids of around 5k (not even a big names!).

Even went to buy a contract card before and they were going for 700 coins each!

Guess its just luck of the draw when you look, and hope no one else has bidded.

Yes PS3. Got Marquez for 700, Yakubu for 800, Arsenals Badge for 200 in the last 20 mins.

When you do your search, do it by area of team (i.e. strikers) and gold. Dont put a price limit on. Now LOOK CAREFULLY.

Gold contract cards usually go at around 6-800

Yeah I do that. You mentioned on pm there are thousands of players for sale at a given time. Even when I search for any price, any position for gold there are only about 20-30 results. Are there more on another page or something?

Started another team and deleted the other one after buggering it up. Ended up with no players left due to contracts expiring, and spend a ###### load of cash in one go by accident somehow. Ended up with no players and no money to buy even a bronze pack! Doh. Doing alright now though, won first 3 games scoring 8 and conceeding 1.

Just noticed if you press L1 or R1 there are a bunch more results. These seem much cheaper for some reason. Page 1 is full of ridiculously expensive players, but if you scroll a couple of pages in there much cheaper. Wonder why this is? Perhaps like me some people only bid on the first page. Will have to do some wheeling and dealing after playing football today.

I don't know if the PS3 version has been updated yet but the Xbox EA servers were down last night while an update was applied. The trading has just got easier because when you do a search it now sorts by time to auction expiry (shortest first obviously).

Also note that when searching for a player you can set a maximum price in your search filters. It doesn't work great as it only looks at the latest bid price (not the buy it now which I'd like) but I set a maximum of about 2000 in my search parameters to filter out some of the more ludicrous prices.

Just noticed if you press L1 or R1 there are a bunch more results. These seem much cheaper for some reason. Page 1 is full of ridiculously expensive players, but if you scroll a couple of pages in there much cheaper. Wonder why this is? Perhaps like me some people only bid on the first page.

DOH!!

I managed to get Yakubu in my squad yesterday for a total cost of 800 coins. Just signed Valdez (Barca keeper) for 1550 too.

Now managed to bag Santa Cruz for just 300!!

The most annoying thing i find is the contracts, especially at the start when all your players are on bronze contracts. After every game I get contracts which need renewing, hence I only ever have limited transfer funds. Anyone else suffer with this at the start?

Yeah it still bugs me now, although that what helps to make the game what it is. It would be crap wihout that function as everyone would have all the best players in their team.

Iv currently got 1700 coins, with 2 contracts in my cards, however over the next 5 games, iv got 7 to extend. Im trying to save up 5000 and then il buy my first gold pack ever.

So how are peoples teams looking?

Here's mine:

Manager - Luis Aragonés

GK - Van Der Sar

LB - Chivu

RB - Boswinga

CB - Samba

CB - Micah Richards

LM - Robben

CM - Pirlo

CM - Tiago

RM - Camronessi

ST - Louis Garcia

ST - Fernando Torres

Frequently used subs:

GK - Martinez

CB - Ledley King

CB - Heitanga

LB - Bouma

RB - Pascal Chimbonda

CM - Scott Parker

LM - Pedersen

RM - Emerton

ST - Venegor of Hessilink

People Im looking to sell (if anyone is interested?)

Gouvou - rated 88 with 18 game contract (1800 coins)

When someone forgets to renew a contract and loses the player. Where does that player go? Do they go into one of the auction sites for us to buy?

Also is there only 1 of each player available? Eg only 1 torres in the whole game or multiple?

Archived