BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009 - Ultimate Team

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he is a RW

Edit - Just checked he is a RW, 88 overall, 86 pace, 85 shooting and 79 passing. Oh and its a 16 game contract not 19 as I said earlier.

Edit 2 - lso got an Argetinian centre forward named Zarate, 82 overall, 88 pace and 84 shooting with a 5 game contract - willing to let him go for 1200 coins?

Yeah you earn money for playing games with which you can buy players etc.

This is starting to ###### me off now. My money keeps dissapearing! Logged on today with 1,500 coins. This then went down to 600 coins. Then played a game and got 480 coins went back to home page and I had only 420 coins left! What the smeg?

Also I just bid on a couple of contract cards which had a couple of hours left, it charged me what I bid. This happened twice. Thinking I must have won them 1st bid I went to try and offer some new contracts but says I have no cards. Doesnt come up with a message in Trade status either. What the smeg is going on? Ive got about 100 coins now and I have nothing to show for the 1,400 coins that have gone.

EDIT: Just bought a Gold player (1st one) for 850 coins. won the auction, paid for him yet he doesnt appear in my line up or in the subs! This game drives me mad sometimes. Where the hek has he gone?

Ive only played 7 games, are you not allowed gold players until a certain number of games have been played?

When you buy a player you have to accept him in the trade status screen 1st. Then he will be added to your squad.

ATB - Yes you can play online games (like ranked) against others, or you can play in cup competitions too. There are about 12 different cup competitions, of which there are 3 of each (bronze, silver, gold) - Those games are sometimes against the comp or sometimes again other users.

When you buy a player you have to accept him in the trade status screen 1st. Then he will be added to your squad.

I did do, saw the card flip over from the other side to join the rest of the squad. Went to put him in my line up and he no where to be seen. On the shop page it says that gold card are locked to buy until you play 12 games. Is this the reason or did you have gold players before you played 12 games?

MGR - ZOLA

GK - Victor Valdez (86)

LB - Grosso (81)

CB - Camberini (85)

CB - Barzagil (78)

RB - Panucci (80)

RM - Santa Cazorla (79)

CDM - Bodmer (95)

CAM - Arteta (85)

LM - N'Zogbia (78)

ST - Roque Santa Cruz (81)

ST - Yakubu (81)

Subs-------------

CB - Samba (79)

CB - Marquez (85)

RWB - Macion (88)

LW - Menez (80)

ST - Marioni (79)

ST - Savidan (81)

CAM - Van Der Vaart (82)

CF - Dos Santos (77)

GK - Miller (79)

Currently selling the following:

CF - C Benitez (76) - 1200

CDM - Mascherano (78) - 1800

CDM - B Cheyrou (79) - 1500

RW - Geovanni (78) - 1500

RB - M Chalme (78) - 1200

CDM - O Dabo (77) - 1200

LWB - Eichner (77) - 1200

CM - X Alonso (80) - 2500

And finally iv got the Chelsea badge for sale too

Yeah hes just appeared now after my 12th game.

Tried doing some buying tonight but hardly any players were showing up as ending soon. They all have like 6 hours left etc. Wish you could filter time remaining on player search.

The prices for the contract cards are stupid. Even bronze contracts were going for about 400 coins yesterday. Yet I bought a bronze pack for 500 coins and got 3 contract cards in it. Dont think ive ever bought a pack and not had a couple of contract cards in it. Gold contract cards were going for over a thousand, you could buy 2 bronze packs with that and get 4 or 5 contract cards. Then you can sell off or add to the collecton all the players etc in it so works out even cheaper. Dont see the point in paying loads for a contract card at auction.

I never pay more than 700 coins for gold contract cards - like I said before mate - patience and looking is what is needed.

The advantages of the gold card, is that obviously they give you longer contracts for gold rated players (sometimes up to 15), where as bronze ones only add a couple of games to the players contracts.

When you buy a gold pack - you usually get at least 4 contract cards, usually a mix of both silver and gold.

Ben - you not want to buy some of these players il be selling? Im sure a few of them would improve your side.

Yeah ill have a look tonight. Ive only got about 500 coins at moment so will have to play a couple of games first. Can you search for a specific player or you just gonna set a massive price and leave me to find them?

You can narrow it down pretty well - i.e. by club, nationality, position etc. All the players will have the buy now prices iv mentioned on here. All those mentioned above are already on there - just need to add Miller & probably Van Der Vaart

MGR - ZOLA

GK - Victor Valdez (86)

Not a bad squad there Hughsey. Can you play against your mates with your UT team?

Last night I had 6 people quit on me within the first 10 minutes of games - annoying but it gives me easy money

Its alright for now - although I need much more pace in my side. I was suprised how good Dos Santos was despite his low rank on the game.

As for the quitters, iv had loads too - it still bugs me because rather than gaining 8-900 coins from the game, you just get around 500.

Not too sure about playing your mates - iv been thinking the same thing.

This new function of fifa is very addictive and there is room to make it even more so - they should add a shortlist tool for the auction thing and other improvements like the one where you play your mates teams.

They should also add a forfeit tool into the quitters, so that if they quit they lose say 500 coins, rather than just losing the game as normal and still gaining some coins. That would stop 90% of the quitters!

Managed to grab afew bargains tonight. Signed Bellamy for about 900, Benni Mac for about 500, Damien Duff about 500, Dos Santos about 700 and some gold defender. Spent most the night though hunting for cheap contract cards. Must have renewed about 8 contracts. Left the game with another 4 players needing new contracts. Never ends!

Also had a nightmare day match wise. Played 2 idiots in a row who think there amazing when they go a goal up then pass it around the defense for the rest of the game. I cant stand these people. The rest of the games were against seasoned FIFA players who defence was like a brick wall. Or I just played badly. Won 5 in a row last time. My team chemistry has plumeted though and I dont have a manager. Wonder if thats why I played so badly.

Guest Kamy100

Team chemistry is very very important in this game. If you have anything less than 35 then you are going to struggle. Mine is upto 65, the team that I have is mainly Silver players and is rated as 3 stars but have no problems beating so called 5 star teams because of this. Also very important to get a manager whose is gold rated and importantly is an expert in your chosen formation, I play 4-4-2 and managed to get Moyes.

My team chemistry is always around the 40 mark. I play 4-1-2-1 and usually have Zola as manager however his contract was running out. So he's for sale.

I managed to grab 4 bargains last night. Alex Ferguson for 400 (although prefers 5-4-1), Mark Hughes for 350 (now for sale), Nesta (84) for 750 and Kalou (86) for 450.

I currently have about 10 gold players for sale, with around 2500 coins in the bank to play with.

Game wise - iv won the last 9 in a row. Iv also managed to get a nice away kit (blue & black halved) which I think belongs to Hamburg.

Got myself a couple of gems last night:

4-4-2 training card which has been used on Torres

Arsne Wenger

4-4-2 training card which has been used on Arsne Wenger

Robinho LW 86 overall

Niang ST (Fast as ######)

All for a grand total of Michael Ballack and 1000 coins - good tarde in my opinion

When I play my *best team* (highest rated players) my team chemistry is 68.

My *second team* however has 78 - due to the stike force being spanish - 4-4-2 and the defence and GK being Dutch.

Was bidding on C. Ronaldo last night until it went over 30k

Why did anyone offer you that? I missed out on Ballack for 750 coins when I was at 700 with 1 second to go.

How much coins you got in the bank then dopper?

Iv not managed to get any of the top stars yet. I think il be keeping Fergie (although the scottish bit doesnt help my team) and getting him training into my 4-1-2-1-2 formation - although that isnt set in stone yet.

I also think il be selling Cahill later as he doesnt seem anything special.

Archived