BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009 - Ultimate Team

Guest Kamy100
How can you have a team chemistry of 89 when none of your players come from the same country?

Iv got some good players for sale if your interested - Giggs, Yakubu, Muntari, Rivas, NZogbia

All of the players that I have bought best formation is 4-4-2, my manager's preferred formation is 4-4-2, added to that I have a Morten, Samba and Roque who play for the same club so that boosts chemistry. You can have an all star team but if your chemistry is below 50 you are going to struggle. I just beat someone online 3-1 who had Rooney, Torres, Messi and Robben and was a 5* team. I suspect that his team's chemistry was poor as passes went array and there was a lack of movement from his players so it made it easier for me to defend.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didnt know the same team thing boosts chemistry - i missed that bit!! Although saying that iv got Kalou, Drogba & Malouda so maybe they give me that same boost.

My chemistry is always between 35-50 at the moment and nobody beats me. Iv got 4 strikers -Kalou, Drogba, Keita & Santa Cruz and they do the business for me.

nobody beats me.

Your very confident! Do you have an online rank?

I always have loads of posession, but find it hard to get space in attack. People just sit back and dont even do anything. Just control 1 player and let the AI do the defending for them. Hold Square and X making it extremely hard to get through.

I always have loads of posession, but find it hard to get space in attack. People just sit back and dont even do anything. Just control 1 player and let the AI do the defending for them. Hold Square and X making it extremely hard to get through.

Use 1-2's and send players on runs LB (Xbox). I play 442 and send my LM on runs to create space for my CF's. Sometimes it's best to keep passing and open them up slowly. You get coins for posession too.

Yeah I always get 200 coins for posession. Think thats the max as I usually have around 60% posession with 85% or above passing accuracy. So many people just sit back with 9 men behind the ball, then just counter attack with torres or someone up front.

My rank is something like 3000, although that would be much higher if I had more time to play it and also if my internet didnt keep disconnecting during games (happened at least 40 times) and a friend didnt keep using my log in (at least 50 losses from him).

Im not saying I dont lose - im saying its very rare.

Have you adjusted your custom tactics? Your players need to be set to around 66 on the creation part which decided how often they make space to create you chances.

As for sitting back - i usually peg teams back and bombard their goal with shots from all over the pitch.

Iv got Arteta who is going to get sold tonight - anyone interested in him? He's rated at 85. If you are let me know before about 7pm tonight.

Does anyone find it really difficult to get a game on the ultimate team mode? It's got to the point where i rarely try anymore, and just play in career mode. I think the add on is a great addition to the game, definately makes it less tedious.

I am still hoping to match some of the bargains I have seen on here, but havnt really got into the trading section yet, ive just been building my team up upsing gold packs.

Dont use the gold packs if you can avoid it - better bargains on players in the auction than in gold packs.

I find that I usually have to go through about 10 opponents before someone will play me - but im not bothered, it doesnt waste too much time.

I just cant save any cash! I had about 1000 coins yesterday but then 3 players were out of contact so that all went. Now got about 400 coins and another 3 players out of contract! Doing my head in! I spend 80% of my time looking for cheap contracts!

You need to get to the stage were rather than renewing contracts you are selling them and replacing with a better player. Thats what I did anyway.

Look at contract lengths before you buy players too.

Anyone want to buy Torres? Open to offers. A mate just offered me 15k + Evra + 2 Gold contracts

Sold Van Der Vaart for 1000 coins. Bought Pepe (Madrid CB) for just 300 coins, another gold defender for 150 coins a nd Mark Hughes as manager for 200. Currently got Mark Hughes and a centre back for sale, though both have only 1 game contract left, hope buyers dont notice! I really struggle to find space in attack on fifa especially on UT. My forwards aways seem surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders.

How do you make your player come and meet the ball. Eg whenever I put a cross in my strikers are just routed to the spot despite me trying to move them to the ball. Alot of opponents seem able to move their strikes to the ball and win the headers etc.

Ive toyed around with the custom tactics. High pressure works well against to poorer players but otherwise I tend to use the counter attack preset. Alot of the time I play opponents who have players making runs everywhere. Eg they would counter attack by doing a quick ball up to an isolated striker, who is then joined by 3 or 4 other players sprinting up the pitch to join them. Mine on the other hand dont seem to have that attacking movement. I do pretty well in most games just when playing the better players my lack of team movement becomes easy to defend against. Players not coming to meet the ball is one of the biggest problems also, especially on low crosses or cut backs. Bear in mind ive only been playing fifa in the last few months after converting from pes at christmas.

I have the controls on assisted, tried manual which is good offline but would be too hard against high pressure online opponents. I also set mine to pro evo like controls. What do you have yours as?

My controls are just as standard, although iv changed some of the assisted bits to semi assisted or manual.

I always use custom tactics - Defence isnt too pressured as good opponents can knock the ball on and with the pace they can be away - so I tend to stand off, rather that being tight up behind them.

Creation tactic which I think is around the passing and chance creation I have set fairly high so players are always making runs and giving me options - sounds like you might need to look at this one?

Thats about right for Torres Hugshey - Mine went for 60K buy now - but damn auction house took 2K in fees!!

Im currently building an all Brazilian team (even subs) with 4-2-2-2 formation.

Managed to get my team chemistry up to 89 so far. The only problem I am having is getting a fantastic Brazilian Striker for a reasonable amount of coins.

Anyone after any of the following:

Chivu LB (90 Rating) 20 game contract - 2K?

Berbatov ST (88 rating) 30 game contract - 2.7?

Managed to get a decent team together consisting of English Rovers and Man U players. Robinson, Warnock, Emerton, MGP, Benni, Rocky - Rio, Scholes, Carrick, Brown. Got my chemistry up to 87 as they all like 442.

Starting to buy German 442 players now. Just brought in Borowski and Schweisensteiger (SP?). Going for Podolski and Klose next.

Has anyone got good kits yet? I've got Hamburg away which is quite good. Image a Rovers shirt with a darker blue and black. I'm looking for a Rovers home card, but have not had any luck yet.

My team is currently in a transitional period shall we say. Adjusted my formation to 4-3-2-1.

1st team is currently

---------------Valdes------------------

Zambrotta--Nesta--Gamberini--Moretti ----(All Italian & all in correct position)

------Scholes--Barry--Carrick---------------(All English & all in correct position)

------Keita---Drogba--Kalou-----------------(All Ivorian & all in correct position)

Team Chemistry = 89

Reserves: Lampard, Agbonlahor, Nasri, Bodmer, Bonera, Santa Cruz, Panucci, Di Natale, Van Nistlerooy.

Currently selling: Neill, Camoranesi, Kitson, Malouda, Arteta, De Rossi, Rosina, Ballack, Benitez, Redknapp

I've managed to get my chemistry up to between 93 & 99 now depending on which side I pick and the goals are flying in! Can't underestimate the importance of team chemistry - I'm winning games 6 or 7 nil now against disorganised openents.

I've gone for Spanish defence, English (ish!) Midfield and German forwards: My best team is:

Manager : Aragones (SP)

Keeper : Almunia (GK) (SP)

Defence : Sergio Ramos, Carlos Cuellar and 2 other Spaniards.

Midfield: Barry, Carrick, Emerton & Robben

Forwards: Klose, Gomez (Both German)

Rest of the squad I have Reo Coker, Scholes & Sidwell as back mids, SantaCruz, Owen and Johnson as backup strikers.

I'm just looking to get Cassillas in goal and Podolski up front and then I'm happy.

What difference does team chemistry actually make then? On ultimate team my performances are crap compared to normal online. My players dont seem to make runs, come to the ball or anything. Other oppenents I play on the other hand have players making runs left right and centre, hence loads of pass options. Mine are just static. My team chem is around 30-40. Is this lack of movement due to my team chemistry?

Gonna try change my formation from 442 which left too big a gap between defence and midfield, to 4-1-2-1-2. Anyone got any players that prefer this formation for sale?

It's massive Ben. Your players will move more and look for passes going forward.

A midfield with low chemistry is like having a midfield full of Aaron Mokoena's! They'll move a little and mostly pass sideways.

Snatch- I bought Gomez and Klose too. Gomez is a very good player.

I have 5,000 coins at the moment. Podolski or Trezeguet are my main targets. I can recommend Carrick as a CM. There are a few of his cards around and he's 82 and 442.

I made a big mistake last night in using a training card on my whole team without considering the effects. Warnock and Emerton both lost 2 off their rating :(

Gonna have to work on it then. Ive fiddled around with the custom tactics like hughsey said but didnt make much difference. The only way I can slightly improve things is putting the passing and crossing on chance creation up to a hundred. Even with that its usually only 1 player makes a run towards the ball.

On the up side, got Pepe for just 300 coins. Quality centre back with 92 pace! Think ill try go for a south american back line, german midfield and undecided on strikers.

Can you buy 2 of the same player and play both of them? WOuldnt mind 2 Bellamys up front lol

Archived