BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] When/how Did Brad Friedel Score A Goal For You?

Whilst checking the derby stats for t'other thread I spotted thet Friedel had scored a goal for Rovers. Out of curiosity, what were the circumstances? I only ask because I don't remember seeing anything about it when it happened.
Oh don't remind me. Away at Charlton a couple of years ago. Brad went up for a corner with a few mins to go as we were 1-2 down. He scored with a right footer to make it 2-2. Crowd when berserk. So did the players which allowed Charlton to take it up field from the kick-off and deflect a last kick off the game over Brad's head.

A substituted Paulo Di Canio ran on to the pitch and it was a long journey back for us. The highs and lows of football summed in 2 mins.

no live near blackburn...i have rels in glendale,i went to a denver bronco game.

get down to rocky point and alice coopers bar.If your there for baseball season get tix for the diamonbacks its a great way to spend a few hours on the ale .

Saturday 21st February 2004

Carlton Cole & Jason Euell put Charlton 2-0 up at half time.

Andy Cole got one for us in the second half, then Brad equalised in the 90th minute. He came up for a corner & scored.

Pretty much straight from the KO Claus Jensen hammered in a volley.

3 - 2 to Charlton

Rovers: Friedel; Babbel; Grey; Neill; Short; Todd; Douglas; Emerton; Flitcroft; Gallagher (Paul not Kevin;) Stead.

Subs: Tugay & Cole

Graeme Souness blamed that "Lady Luck" again.

Saturday 21st February 2004

Carlton Cole & Jason Euell put Charlton 2-0 up at half time.

Andy Cole got one for us in the second half, then Brad equalised in the 90th minute. He came up for a corner & scored.

Pretty much straight from the KO Claus Jensen hammered in a volley.

3 - 2 to Charlton

Rovers: Friedel; Babbel; Grey; Neill; Short; Todd; Douglas; Emerton; Flitcroft; Gallagher (Paul not Kevin;) Stead.

Subs: Tugay & Cole

Graeme Souness blamed that "Lady Luck" again.

Christ that is a poor team!!

Pretty much the worst day ever. Got lost in the traffic and I turned up just as the half time whistle went and we were already 2-0 down.

Pure elation as we picked it up second half and not only got back on level terms with what we thought was the last meaningful kick of the game, but Brad himself scored it. Over the moon. For about 45 seconds. Never been through the emotions quite like that before.

Got lost on the way home too.

no live near blackburn...i have rels in glendale,i went to a denver bronco game.

get down to rocky point and alice coopers bar.If your there for baseball season get tix for the diamonbacks its a great way to spend a few hours on the ale .

Roger that - I'll get it on the itinerary.

On the subject of Brad Friedel: just seen on SSN that he has had his red card against Liverpool at the weekend rescinded. I thought he would after seeing the incident on TV. It was never a foul by Brad; Torres just ran into him and launched himself over the top. Cheating so & so!!! He is the one that should have got the card.

Archived