BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Race For The Premiership

Think Reading will crush the clarrot dream tomorrow night. Good.

I don't , did you see Reading V Big team - didn't exactly cause Brum many problems considering they would have been promoted if they had won

Canny guy that Owen bloke - think he will have them prepared to null the biscuit men

Question is who will Wembley suit better if the clarrots do get through them or the Blades?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading were the better footballing team but carred no threat whatsoever up front.

I know away goals don't count but Burnle will score tonight and Reading might well fail to.

The dingles will certainly beat Sheff U in the Final.

How about all Rovers fans try and learn the classic Sheff Utd Greasy Chip Butty song for the last two games of the season - would be a classy way to have a dig at the inbreds! Words below (to the tune of Annies Song - John Denver)

You fill up my senses

Like a gallon of Magnet

Like a packet of Woodbines

Like a good pinch of snuff

Like a night out in Sheffield

Like a greasy chip butty

Like Sheffield United

Come thrill me again....

Na Na Na Naa Naa Naaaaa, ooo!

:brfcsmilie:

Is it not a slight case of cutting off the nose to spite the face in not wanting Burnley up?

Paul wrote a very eloquent piece on the other topic about why it would be a more exciting season for us if they were up.

On a positive note: a Yorkshire side's going to lose, however the game turns out :)

Good times!

Is it not a slight case of cutting off the nose to spite the face in not wanting Burnley up?

Paul wrote a very eloquent piece on the other topic about why it would be a more exciting season for us if they were up.

No, since I have graced this Earth we have been in the same league once. For me, that's once too many. Remember that flukey cross they scored in 2005? They still go on about it now. Just check 'SamDingle' and his sig for evidence. Imagine if they have one season in the big time? There's no way I can deal with those levels of smugness. Doesn't help that my old man supports them aswell. Personally I am more than happy where they are, infact - knock them down a league for good measure. Look what's happened with Pompey and Saints in recent years... There's absolutely nothing saying that the same scenario cannot happen to ourselves.

There must be other rovers fans like me who actually want burnley in the premier league for a season?! In a sadistic kind of way I will be wanting burnley to win at wembley.

Something to look forward to next season, rather than the mundane of lower mid table obscurity and nothing 'derbies' against bolton and wigan.

The atmosphere against wigan and pompey, although decent, was not a patch on the atmosphere on ewood against burnley in the cup in 2005

I detest everything about burnley, but for 90 mins next weekend il be hoping they win

There must be other rovers fans like me who actually want burnley in the premier league for a season?! In a sadistic kind of way I will be wanting burnley to win at wembley.

Something to look forward to next season, rather than the mundane of lower mid table obscurity and nothing 'derbies' against bolton and wigan.

The atmosphere against wigan and pompey, although decent, was not a patch on the atmosphere on ewood against burnley in the cup in 2005

I detest everything about burnley, but for 90 mins next weekend il be hoping they win

Yes, me. I was actually cheering yesterday when Burnley scored. It's not that I want them to do really well or anything and when we've beaten them in the past there's been no doubt where my allegiance lies, but I have plenty of good friends who are Burnley fans and who have followed their team loyally for many years despite some awful times. For them and for the good of our area I hope Burnley make it to the Premier league. I have no liking for Sheffield United. They are still very much the boring and dirty team they were under Warnock, and I'd like them beaten.

Reading were the better footballing team but carred no threat whatsoever up front.

I know away goals don't count but Burnle will score tonight and Reading might well fail to.

The dingles will certainly beat Sheff U in the Final.

Both called it right here Philipl - do you still reckon Bunleh will be victorius?

I think it's too tight to call - Bunleh have had the measure of the Blades this season but feel it will be the old cliche of who actually turns up on the day - most likely go to penalties.

As a lad from Leyland (originally) my rivals are North End. I do not know any Burnley fans, and I have never knowingly spoken to a dingle, if I had I would have recognised them/it by the monkey tones emmiting from their mouth.

I was pleased to see Preston beat by Sheffield Utd and I will be pleased to see Burnley beat by them also. there is only one team in Lancashire: THE ROVERS.

I do not apologise to those who wanted North End and/or Burnley up.....I want Rovers to be top of the pile every year.

Had a similar debate with my cousin last night - winding up their fans just too much fun!

Worrying signs in the media that Dingles becoming some sort of 'lovable' club - anyone who's been on the end of their bile and hatred knows that's not true.

Whisper this quietly, but I'd rather have Rovers playing the Coyle way than the Big Sam way..............

Had a similar debate with my cousin last night - winding up their fans just too much fun!

Worrying signs in the media that Dingles becoming some sort of 'lovable' club - anyone who's been on the end of their bile and hatred knows that's not true.

Whisper this quietly, but I'd rather have Rovers playing the Coyle way than the Big Sam way..............

I don't think they are becoming lovable. Just that you have to admire the fact that they have played more games than most this season with a much smaller squad than many and are still going strong at this stage. By rights they should have been dead and buried by the end of the first half yesterday, but they just kept going. 2 decent second half chances, 2 goals and they are through. Mock all you like but that was blooming good.

• Backroom

I wonder if you'll still want us to play the Coyle way when they're relegated from the premiership next season (should they beat Sheff Utd).

I predicted that it would be a sheffield united - dingles final before the play offs started, but predicting the winner of this game is extremely tough.

The blades did come third this season, so really they deserve to go up and especially after what happened to them in 2007 with the Carlos Tevez era. Despite that, Burnley have beat Sheffield United twice this season and have beat five premier league sides in cup cometitions and everyone knows that Burnley can perform in the big games.

Have a feeling the dingles will edge it.

Growing up and still living in Preston, I've never properly met a Burnley fan and therefore do not harbour the hatred I have for Nob End. However it sounds like many of you have had the horrors with Burnley Fans over the years that I have had with Preston fans so for that reason i'll be rooting for Sheff United. I can't help but think Burnley will do it though.

Archived