BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ryanair

"less passenger inconvenience"

Surely this should be:

"Less passengers in the convenience"

Old news, I think it's a PR stunt, surely it's not serious. Can you imagine if someone hasn't got a quid and they're busting? Would you like to sit next tio someone who's peeing into a bottle?

Having said that, Ryanair are cheap and nasty and I try to avoid travelling with them at all costs.

Whats the problem? I can well understand it. Long haul is different but I frequently wonder on short haul flights why so many people need to queue up for the loo... some even dash for the bogs asap after the seat belt lights go off. There really should be no need and it would enable the airline to increase profits / reduce costs by selling more 'stuff' during the flight. Those hostesses must get well ticked off having to move their trolley every few seconds to let people with bladders the size of dried peas past.

Yeah old news - they are scammers.

£1 for the toilet.

A charge for check-ins (even though they are moving them all to computer check-ins)

They charge £12 for every kilo you are over, and dont allow you to use your allowance between you. E.g Woman has 16 I have 14 (Therefore we have 30k as per limit) but that isnt allowed, as she is 1 kilo over. Surely its the same!?

Yeah old news - they are scammers.

£1 for the toilet.

A charge for check-ins (even though they are moving them all to computer check-ins)

They charge £12 for every kilo you are over, and dont allow you to use your allowance between you. E.g Woman has 16 I have 14 (Therefore we have 30k as per limit) but that isnt allowed, as she is 1 kilo over. Surely its the same!?

Easy answer to that is not to fly with them anymore surely?

I have a close working relationship with Ryanair.

The philosophy is to drive the basic price down as far as they can and make all conscious selections chargeable. They make their rules and stick to them. The average ticket price has come down from around E45 to E35 as a result.

The toilet charge has come in because too often aircraft have been unable to make the 25 minute turnaround because a loo has been left in a disgusting mess.

Everyone of course has the right not to fly Ryanair and pay more for the privilege. Personally I have never yet had an unpleasant experience with them.

The philosophy is to drive the basic price down as far as they can and make all conscious selections chargeable. They make their rules and stick to them. The average ticket price has come down from around E45 to E35 as a result.

The toilet charge has come in because too often aircraft have been unable to make the 25 minute turnaround because a loo has been left in a disgusting mess.

Everyone of course has the right not to fly Ryanair and pay more for the privilege. Personally I have never yet had an unpleasant experience with them.

I have. Short hop from Manchester to Dublin and back will be the first and last time I ever use them. On the flight back there was turbulence and the seatbelt signs were on for the whole flight. Despite this, a gang of drunks from Ireland demanded to be allowed to use the toilet and did not stop until they got their own way. All of the cabin crew were eastern european and very young and had no idea what to do with them. There was almost a fight in the air when someone tried to stick up for the crew and again when a drunk fell into the lap of another passenger. What was done about it? Absolutely nothing. The first stern word any of them received (from Manchester Airport staff, not Ryan Air crew) was when they got off the plane and sparked up on the apron!

The phrase "you get what you pay for" has never been more true.

Easy answer to that is not to fly with them anymore surely?

Its easier said than done though mate. I go over to austria each winter to ski and the cost of Ryan air (including all there extra charges) is still way lower than any other flight. Yes you do get what you pay for, but for a 2 or 3 hour flight I could put up for it, if it cost me £100 less!

Its easier said than done though mate. I go over to austria each winter to ski and the cost of Ryan air (including all there extra charges) is still way lower than any other flight. Yes you do get what you pay for, but for a 2 or 3 hour flight I could put up for it, if it cost me £100 less!

You can't complain about the stupid rules if you are happy to pay for them.

The only way Ryanair would ever start providing a civilised service was if people stopped booking with them as the standards are so bad and were happy to pay the extra with an airline that didn't treat you worse than animal freight.

Well that's nice for you. Personally I view them as being just above roaches on the evolutionary scale; vermin, pure and simple. O'Leary in particular is a crook and charlatan of the lowest class and his example filters down to his minions. Crap customer service and general disdain for the passenger has only ever been my experience with them.

Charging for the use of the toilet, publicity stunt or not, is indicative of the entire organisation.

Baggage handler ?

If airlines had to pay VAT on fuel (which as one of the biggest causes of emissions they should) like all other transport companies, the budget airline business model would be broke.

I use Ryanair all the time, think they are great. You do however get what you pay for. I am fully prepared to cram all my stuff into my hand luggage and check in online. I therefore benefit from very cheap fares - for example Ive taken the wife and kids to Belfast for less than £20 return for all of us.

You need to be careful with them though, they did try to sting me £19 for a car seat on the trip over - as they changed their Conditions of Carriage.

And this charge is clearly a publicity stunt - the website also is self deprecating with a charge of £25 to use the emergency exit and the emergency airbags.... with the line "do not help others - they must pay for it themselves"

Well that's nice for you. Personally I view them as being just above roaches on the evolutionary scale; vermin, pure and simple. O'Leary in particular is a crook and charlatan of the lowest class and his example filters down to his minions. Crap customer service and general disdain for the passenger has only ever been my experience with them.

Charging for the use of the toilet, publicity stunt or not, is indicative of the entire organisation.

Simple solution ..........don't use them .

But leave the rest of us to have the freedom of choice - we aren't all made of money nor do we all have these rather snobbish attitudes .

Personally I'll gladly put up with a bit of "inconvenience" :mellow: if it saves me paying into the cartels that existed before the likes of Stavros and O'Leary came along .

O'leary is a self publicist all right but all you need to do is read the terms and conditions and plan accordingly . I have only ever had one bad experience with low cost airlines and it wasn't with either Easyjet of Ryanair .

Simple solution ..........don't use them .

But leave the rest of us to have the freedom of choice - we aren't all made of money nor do we all have these rather snobbish attitudes .

Personally I'll gladly put up with a bit of "inconvenience" :mellow: if it saves me paying into the cartels that existed before the likes of Stavros and O'Leary came along .

O'leary is a self publicist all right but all you need to do is read the terms and conditions and plan accordingly . I have only ever had one bad experience with low cost airlines and it wasn't with either Easyjet of Ryanair .

Correct Phil, it's just the airline equivalent of 'all inclusives'! Pure crap... except mercifully the whole experience is over in about 2.5 hours usually as opposed to lasting a full week.

btw I tried one of these all inclusives about 10 years ago and will never do it again. Crap beer, noisy kids, fat ugly women AND I was the only one in the place without a scummy tatoo! I kept 'escaping' for proper bars, proper lagers, proper company, no kids and elegant ladies to look at. It's 5 star half-board all the way now for me.

Might be wrong but after hearing godawful tales of the dreadful russky hordes behaviour in all-inclusive accomodation I'd speculate that the time of all inclusive deals is almost up. Good riddance if it is.

Correct Phil, it's just the airline equivalent of 'all inclusives'! Pure crap... except mercifully the whole experience is over in about 2.5 hours usually as opposed to lasting a full week.

btw I tried one of these all inclusives about 10 years ago and will never do it again. Crap beer, noisy kids, fat ugly women AND I was the only one in the place without a scummy tatoo! I kept 'escaping' for proper bars, proper lagers, proper company, no kids and elegant ladies to look at. It's 5 star half-board all the way now for me.

Might be wrong but after hearing godawful tales of the dreadful russky hordes behaviour in all-inclusive accomodation I'd speculate that the time of all inclusive deals is almost up. Good riddance if it is.

Never even been tempted by all inclusives - my idea of hell .

To tell the truth I can't even stand hotels .

Renting a villa or a private apartment away from the rabble is the best choice . It works out just as cheap - there are loads of websites offering them .

fat ugly women AND I was the only one in the place without a scummy tatoo! .

I don't think you'll be seeing Jade there again ........ :unsure:

Never even been tempted by all inclusives - my idea of hell .

To tell the truth I can't even stand hotels .

Renting a villa or a private apartment away from the rabble is the best choice . It works out just as cheap - there are loads of websites offering them .

Indeed we've had some cracking hols doing that...... but you need a wife that doesn't mind housekeeping, cooking and cleaning whilst on holiday. B)

To be fair though I quite like the shopping and cooking bit on holiday... it relieves the boredom for one and for two it stops me getting homesick by reminding me of shopping in Netto and Lidl. :rolleyes:

Funnily enough it was coming back from Krakow after the match so I may have been sat next to you !!

I certainly wasn't sat next to my two boys as I should have been ; in fact I wasn't certain I was on the same plane until we landed ......horrendous experience after nearly being crushed to death at the airport .

It might have been Jet2 or BMI ......forget now .

Well I think RyanAir are cheap and nasty.

Charging people for the use of a wheelchair to be pushed through the terminal is pretty low.

They're only coming up with this self-deprecating mock charge stuff to divert criticism of all teh add-on's that they do charge for.

Haven't flown with them for ages, and long may that remain the case.

How anyone could justify penalising people for needing the kharzi after queueing for ages I really don't know. Oh dear, does it inconvenience ths tewardesses, oh dear what a shame.

I'd rather spend a bit more money and travel in comfort.

Well I think RyanAir are cheap and nasty.

Charging people for the use of a wheelchair to be pushed through the terminal is pretty low.

They're only coming up with this self-deprecating mock charge stuff to divert criticism of all teh add-on's that they do charge for.

Haven't flown with them for ages, and long may that remain the case.

How anyone could justify penalising people for needing the kharzi after queueing for ages I really don't know. Oh dear, does it inconvenience ths tewardesses, oh dear what a shame.

I'd rather spend a bit more money and travel in comfort.

In a nutshell. So why the grump Bryan? Ryanair are ably providing cheap flights for the millions who cannot afford to harbour your objections and in fact don't give a flying one about wheelchairs and toilets on the plane just so long as they can spend the money saved on strong lager before spewing it all back up and more besides in some unfortunate and hitherto unsuspecting european destination.

In fact Ryan air are no doubt 'cheap and nasty' simply cos their target market are. No doubt the euro/£ exchange rate and the effects of the credit crunch will hit em harder than most.

Archived